Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's an emotional labourer? Is that a thing - making up your own job/life title? Think I'll try out Fervid Toiler or Sentimental Visionary.
Ah, nice, she's spent her fake-illness-down-time ego stroking. And the funny thing is that earlier today she tried to imply, when talking about how tit she is at presenting, that it's her lack of ego that's holding her back - she's deluded.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Spotted on Instagram. For FUCKS SAKE. So so tempted to reply.

View attachment 375055
Lets go through them shall we.
Book deadline. If you had kept to the original one back in October it would be done now.
Single mother, he is your son, not a chore.
Full time childcarer, he is 10 years old, he needs supervision and guiding with boundaries, he's not like a 2 year old into everything.
Educator, no the teachers are doing distant learning. It might not be the same as at school but we are in a pandemic.
Entertainer, you really are not one of those. Best leave that one to the TV, YouTube and Nintendo.
Cook, you make the family meals like everyone does.
Cleaner, doesn't everyone have to clean their own home?
Emotional labourer....word salad, meaningless.
Washing machine operator, bung it in, put in powder/liquid switch on....go for a lie down it's all too much.
SM manager, you can't stop Tweeting rubbish, manage it better.
Own PR, well that is playing out well.
Recipe consultant, for who?
Photographer, taking snaps of food instead of putting it on the table and eating it doesn't make you a photographer any more than me taking holiday snaps does.

And yes, get a job you bone idle scamming git.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
It’s like she’s addicted to victimhood. She lies, she grifts, she never counts her blessings. She has had the support of so many but squandered it.

Everyone I know who have been through rough times typically it makes them 1) really thankful to not be in that situation; 2) very empathetic to others in the thick of it.

Also even the way she talks about food banks—like “oh the humanity I had to use a food bank! Me, destined-for-stardom-Monroe”. Most people it seems who have been in need of food banks are thankful and appreciative for being there in their time of need.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
She wields the word trauma like a weapon, and that’s all I’m saying on that front.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.