Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am struggling to understand how Jack is helping anyone with this Lockdown Larder. (I know, I've been here long enough to realise that this is not about Jack helping, and all about Jack's ego)

Why did these people buy something they didn't know how to cook? Why have they waited until lockdown to find out how to use it? Do they not know anyone in real life that they could ask? There's no shortage of food, so they are not compelled to use only what is in their larder.

Have these people wanting her advice for recipes never heard of Google? There's a plethora (see if she uses that word in the coming days) of recipes for any ingredient. If they really want one her recipes, just Google her name+foodstuff.

As an aside, a larder is a very middle class word/concept/aspiration, most of us have a food cupboard. Some younger people, or people whose first language is not English wouldn't know what a larder is, certainly not those in long term poverty.

I just do not get it, I really don't.
🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦🧦 perchance? 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I don't understand why she is constantly banging on about childcare, she works from home and her son is 10 (or 9). My kids had to fend for themselves for 8 hours a day while Mr WM and I did live lessons from home for 5 months last year. You don't need 'childcare' for a kid his age if there is an adult in the house. She's on Twitter all bleeping day, I don't know why she can't use a bit of that time to check his google classroom and locate all the craft objects and fancy dress props that the online Primary teachers love!

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Maybe I’m a pedantic horrible witch (especially if the brother has health problems Jack hasn’t yet shared with Twitter) but there shouldn’t be any “popping” in to Asda and 14 year olds shouldn’t be joining their parents for a wander round the shop.

Also one of my least fav groups of people are those who you see when out for a walk - they’re having a “compliant” meet up stood two metres away chatting across the path - but means everyone else has to either walk through them and their Covid spittle or walk round in them through the mud.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 92
That’s realy fucked me off. Supermarkets are to be moved through efficiently, not taking up an aisle spreading your lurgy and germs around while you laugh until you cry and talk about pies and politics. Did you talk about your mates Sarah Vine and James Cleverly, Jack? What does ol’ Dad think about them? You absolute awful muppet.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
Why is she having a socially distanced catchup with her dad and brother in a supermarket?... She would be hogging the isles, getting in the way of others trying to safely get their shopping.

I know that face to face contact is something I miss, but for the sake of my, and everyone else's, health, we try to stick to phone/zoom/WhatsApp. I have met up with my sister and brother at a park fairly often, socially distanced, but we are not obstructing people going about their business.

But to clog up a supermarket to "chat tit, innit, babe" to a family member is about as selfish as you can get.

• Heart
Reactions: 80
Just to echo that she shouldn't be at a supermarket if she's still poorly. And that's a big if, obviously.

She's never tweeted in this way about missing her family ever ever (right Fraus?) but mentions have been made about her strange 'where are you going once this is all over' tweets. Sure they're not related at ALL.

Reactions: 49
I guess this means Louisa's stuck with Jack for the foreseeable? Swinging round to feeling sorry for her again. (I'm not a total bleeding heart but the thought of being locked in an enclosed space with Jack for a months on end is just so awful that I can't help it).

• Heart
Reactions: 39
This is an absolute piss boiler. I’ve not seen my parents since December 2019. I live fifty miles from them now. We’ve kept apart and respected the rules because we now live in different UK countries. She’s scampered here there and everywhere, bent the rules,claimed to have covid at least twice (if you go by the alt accounts) and now THIS. Just get to absolute duck you utterly selfish bell. You do NOT give a tit about anyone but yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 69
I guess this means Louisa's stuck with Jack for the foreseeable? Swinging round to feeling sorry for her again. (I'm not a total bleeding heart but the thought of being locked in an enclosed space with Jack for a months on end is just so awful that I can't help it).
If Louisa has any sense, she could use the events of the past 3 weeks to tell Jack it's no longer a good idea to be BBs.

What with the eyes of the media looking for a story about a Chanel 4 Head of News making unnecessary trips across the country to stay with her ex partner, allegedly spreading covid.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Not seen my mum since last Christmas. Was stupidly hoping at Christmas that life would be normal enough for a visit in Feb, march time. Guess not. She's a real twit at times and sooo tone deaf. Read the room love.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.