Jack Monroe #127 No-spend year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Millions of women change their names to get. Married every year. It’s NBD. Get over yourself. It’s just admin to change your surname.

My kids have very easy middle class English names and we have moved them to a country where no one can say them. For example there is no letter p in Arabic 🔺.

don’t cook nice fresh food in a slow cooking plastic bag omg.

Reactions: 26
Honestly though if I was still extremely poor after sixteen hour days at work. I think I would be getting another job or couple of jobs to make it up. What's the point in working all those hours for nothing. Your'e literally just wasting you're time.

Reactions: 31
Lmao this is because somebody said on twitter that her putting peanut butter in a pot noodle was genius isn't it? I'm cringing - she set up this shot, made her own fecking peanut butter, just so she could get a few more miles out of it 😬

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 48
Honestly though if I was still extremely poor after sixteen hour days at work. I think I would be getting another job or couple of jobs to make it up. What's the point in working all those hours for nothing. Your'e literally just wasting you're time.
She pays herself to waste time 🙄

Reactions: 18
Living chemical free is my thing and she's totally getting up in my niche.
I made a concerted effort to rid my life of harsh chemicals nearly 20 years ago as I have (actual, not imagined) health conditions.
It isn't always cheaper and it can be ethically dodgy when you look at where some of the stuff is harvested/produced.
Also, one of the reasons cleaning products have so much crap in them is so they work better/easier. You have to put in a lot of time, effort and elbow grease when using them and we all know that is impossible for Jack.
(also 'cleanliness' really isn't her strong point, is it?)

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I don't understand why a budget food writer would buy pot noodles when they're something you can make so much nicer yourself with minimal effort. Like OK pot noodles are fine when you want lunch on the go but why would you have them in your house?
It's the long covid, dear heart 🥴

More seriously though, she just doesn't like food. The amount she complains about having to do the cooking in her 'household' just proves she sees it as a chore. I reckon, at best, she enjoys slinging ingredients together and seeing if they work (they always always do, of course 😑) - hence the cleaning concoctions - but she doesn't enjoy food for pleasure's sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.