Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
duck Me! I sensed there would be a hilarious explanation and you did not disappoint. Does that not just sum up the ego on her? I, Jack Monroe can deliver a book faster and better than a publisher, my readers must not be kept waiting for new slop because reasons. A two year wait between books is pretty quick really. To arrogantly assume she's better and more efficient than a publisher then turn on the people misguided enough to take her at her word is just breathtaking.
Interestingly, now she's churning them out with 0 turnaround time - four books since 2018! Quality products...

• Haha
Reactions: 40
To all the crafty menschen, I still sew using a 40 year old Frister & Rossman sewing machine and knit loads. A good resource is the uncut pod cast on Instagram, it's a lovely funny place but no knitted beige squares. The Polka Dot Palace makes some very funny and informative videos too. I knitted some topsy turvy Christmas dollies for a bleeping topsy turvy year.

To all the crafty menschen, I still sew using a 40 year old Frister & Rossman sewing machine and knit loads. A good resource is the uncut pod cast on Instagram, it's a lovely funny place but no knitted beige squares. The Polka Dot Palace makes some very funny and informative videos too. I knitted some topsy turvy Christmas dollies for a bleeping topsy turvy year.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I was also one of the kickstarter backers, though I was a student at the time so I was able to get one on the cheapest tier. Waited literal years for the book to arrive, and it was pretty disappointing considering she then got it traditionally published and sold on amazon in full colour (kickstarter version was black and white), with a full index (KS version didn't have one at all), and CHEAPER than the KS version...and it went on sale BEFORE backers got their copies. Just goes to show she cares more about the money than the backers I guess. I also never received this promised signed print...
I knew the Kickstarter was a ball ache and stuff but I never realised all this 😱

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Uncut has been on my "to listen" list for a while now I really must get on with it. Love the Polka Dot Palace. Starting to wonder if I may already be following some of you fraus on Instagram...🔺🔺🔺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Just looking in my old email, but not sure if I do, I've deleted some of them - lots of excuses, I must have had more emails about this project than actual work! Got one where she blames the delay on people being mean to her on the Kickstarter page because she'd ripped them off... text below

My first book took 18 months, and a team of 20 people, and a professional publisher, to get out. I have assigned someone to deal with emails so if you email directly for an update, you will get a response. I oversee this and am satisfied that Victoria handles these queries swiftly and effectively. We made a decision months ago – after this ‘wall’ descended into a handful of quite unpleasant troublemakers – not to try to intervene with it, because it impacted on my ability to do the work I needed to complete the book (imagine working in an office where people walked in all day screaming at you how rubbish you are...) and we left you to it. I

Jack
Not to keep focusing on the megative, but...

“I oversee this and am satisfied that Victoria handles these queries swiftly and effectively.”

Wasn't this the same Victoria who’s reply to a message went something like -
“I’m terribly sorry for not responding to you straight away, but it was FRIDAY and I had FINISHED WORK and had to go and look after my CHILD! xoxo”

And holy tit, this part ! -

“ (imagine working in an office where people walked in all day screaming at you how rubbish you are...)”

Yes Jackie, I can imagine the staff of Southend Post Office could tell you a thing or two 😬

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
duck Me! I sensed there would be a hilarious explanation and you did not disappoint. Does that not just sum up the ego on her? I, Jack Monroe can deliver a book faster and better than a publisher, my readers must not be kept waiting for new slop because reasons. A two year wait between books is pretty quick really. To arrogantly assume she's better and more efficient than a publisher then turn on the people misguided enough to take her at her word is just breathtaking.
Yes, it’s the arrogance of saying to yourself ‘I’m going to be much better at this than a professional’. Fair enough if you’re good at that sort of thing, but you really need some grit and integrity to upend traditional pathways and do something yourself. Suffering from fragile mental and physical health (allegedly), means she should have asked herself if she was capable of fulfilling such a monumental task. Her despicable narcissism and victim mentality means that even when she failed, she still lashed out and blamed everyone but herself. bleep.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

“I oversee this and am satisfied that Victoria handles these queries swiftly and effectively.”

Wasn't this the same Victoria who’s reply to a message went something like -
“I’m terribly sorry for not responding to you straight away, but it was FRIDAY and I had FINISHED WORK and had to go and look after my CHILD! xoxo”

“ (imagine working in an office where people walked in all day screaming at you how rubbish you are...)”

Yes Jackie, I can imagine the staff of Southend Post Office could tell you a thing or two 😬
Yeah just proves she’s no idea at all what working in an office would be like it’s not all bleeping pret wraps you Gollum

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
She is tying herself in knots oscillating between "I will never smell or taste again!" and her inability to not show off about her food "so delicious, I'm amazing". Make your mind up you insufferable twit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

Wasn't this the same Victoria who’s reply to a message went something like

I saw one like that from Caroline too - I did wonder at some points if they wrote those or if Jack did and just signed it from them.

- HRH Queen Liz x

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I will NEVER understand how she was able to get away with that Kickstarter business. It was a blatant rip-off. People didn’t get the book they were promised after raising nearly £70,000 so that Jack could publish it. When they gently enquired as to where it had got to (after 1 year, 2 years), they got the usual bad-tempered responses from Jack. The whole thing was a disgrace. 😡
Don’t forget whilst people were waiting for their black and white cheap book, she produced a superior quality colour one! Talk about a kick in the teeth

• Wow
Reactions: 42
I adore these!! I'm starting to think we need a crafting thread in Off Topic.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
New thread, but remember that I'm the 'scared of recap' frau, so somebody rescue me, please?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.