Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
VERY STRANGE

I can answer the coffee one.

I experienced that in early November, just after going back to work after a two week wonder, thanks to a colleague testing positive (very ill with it, young, slim, a runner, but was rushed to hospital a month later with chest pains when she thought she was better) and made my usual black coffee, wandered back to my desk - and it tasted like dishwater. I sniffed it. Nothing. I tasted it again. Nothing at all.

Of course, I thought 'Oh, tit, being so ill in April must have been a coincidence THEN and I've got bleeping Covid NOW'. Checked my temperature, it was slightly raised (I use the work one on myself every morning as a baseline for testing others) from a day in, day out, 36.2 to 36.4. tit. tit. tit. Do I walk out of work and phone them on the way? Crap, crap, fuckity-crap.'

And then another colleague came in. Complaining the somebody had refilled the coffee jar with sodding Decaff.

Went back, made another from the actual coffee, not the dust and sadness that is decaf. Perfect. Drama over by 7.15am.

• Haha
Reactions: 107
Am I right in thinking that it was on general release before her kickstarter supporters got their books?
Not sure, I tried to tune it out after I got my money back, because the overdramatic emails were fairly grating. However, I got almost 40 emails about this project over 2 years, according to my inbox. And at that point, she still hadn't delivered the books.

Amazon says published 23rd August 2018, so some backers still hadn't got their books before it was released.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Ah, here comes Scent Rehabilitation Jack! Hopefully as ephemeral as Tank Jack and Bond Theory Jack.

I'm seconding everyone who wants her to sew her own clothes. In particular I would love her to make her own trousers according to what she thinks her lower half looks like, complete with capacious Mediterranean arse space and huge sub-knee flaring to accommodate her rugby player's calves.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Pie Jesu! I was hoping to boulder my way through 10 Ian Rankins start reading a new book this evening!
@Limey , all this Kickstarter Martyr #content is going to be hard to look away from!!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Ah, here comes Scent Rehabilitation Jack! Hopefully as ephemeral as Tank Jack and Bond Theory Jack.

I'm seconding everyone who wants her to sew her own clothes. In particular I would love her to make her own trousers according to what she thinks her lower half looks like, complete with capacious Mediterranean arse space and huge sub-knee flaring to accommodate her rugby player's calves.

"Full seat adjustment" Yes, absolutely

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I used to be into the whole raw food/fruitarian thing (5-8 years ago), and quite a few of those influencers managed to earn a living from self-publishing recipe e-books, recipe apps, and even physical books: there's an option to self-publish on Amazon, with the books printed as they're ordered. As I remember, this is free, you just earn a cut from your own books when they sell, and Amazon earns the rest.

They wrote their books/apps themselves, they published either by themselves, or by giving someone with the knowhow (eg to design apps) a cut, most of them photographed and designed it all themselves, and none of them begged for any money. They simply made a product, and sold it.

I'm absolutely staggered that she could have been granted £68,000. Sixty eight grand!!! And still absolutely cocked it up beyond all belief. What on earth was she doing for those 2-3 years? What did the money go on? How can absolute novices manage to write, design, promote and sell books without begging for a penny, when she's got £68,000 and seemingly couldn't get them written, designed, printed or posted?

Her cry-bullying emails absolutely sicken me. They are the most infuriating things I've read on here so far. The repulsive, pathetic, excuse-making; the acting like she's a bleeping victim when people dare mention that she's not given them what they paid for; the shameless sympathy-fishing and pretending to be an ailing, hard working, self-sacrificing martyr posting rewards to ungrateful harpies.

Also, the raw-foodists, believe it or not, actually came up with decent recipes, for what they were.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38

Well you can do full bottom and or belly adjustments can't you so she should be fine

Reactions: 9
Pie Jesu! I was hoping to boulder my way through 10 Ian Rankins start reading a new book this evening!
@Limey , all this Kickstarter Martyr #content is going to be hard to look away from!!

Mackie Jonroe: Kickstarter Martyr has to be the next thread title.

I feel like Joan Collins in that 'I HAVE THE RECEIPTS' .gif.

If Joan Collins was lying on a sofa in a big jumper, eaten Apple Stollen, and covered in icing sugar.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I thought people eventually got their books.
I got mine.... was crap, never made anything from it tbh.... but no promised signed prints. Also remember being galled that she asked the overseas backers for more money for postage as she had spent all her money! But I still fangirled her, God I was stupid!!

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 73
Well of course she can’t smell coffee! She doesn’t drink it so there won’t be any in the house to smell! What a silly billy.
Well, apart from the super-strong one every morning, the full 1-litre flask and the ones SB froths the milk for. She has coffee and, at the same time, doesn’t. Schrödinger’s Latte.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Jesus H Christ I’ve just been scanning through the Kickstarter comments, what a shitshow. Her updates are making me HOWL though - how DARE you bunch of bullies SNIPE and GRIPE at me to deliver a product you’ve literally paid for. Your refund’s on the way, babes.
View attachment 363703
Re the Kickstarter: she says here that after two years (TWO YEARS!!), the book is worth the wait.
Except that I recall that many subscribers didn’t agree. Many books apparently arrived damaged due to inadequate packaging. The book was in black and white, was generally poor quality with crappy line drawings and NO INDEX. What is worse, Jack had by then found another book deal and a colour version of the same book (with index) was available on Amazon.
A number of people were annoyed that, although Jack was constantly regaling them with a list of excuses for the delay - usually related to alleged health conditions - she was also regularly pictured in the press at the time at some swanky event or other, which just annoyed her backers even more.
It really is worth a read through the comments on that Kickstarter if you want to get the measure of how truly ghastly she is.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 86
Re the Kickstarter: she says here that after two years (TWO YEARS!!), the book is worth the wait.
Except that I recall that many subscribers didn’t agree. Many books apparently arrived damaged due to inadequate packaging. The book was in black and white, was generally poor quality with crappy line drawings and NO INDEX. What is worse, Jack had by then found another book deal and a colour version of the same book (with index) was available on Amazon.
A number of people were annoyed that, although Jack was constantly regaling them with a list of excuses for the delay - usually related to alleged health conditions - she was also regularly pictured in the press at the time at some swanky event or other, which just annoyed her backers even more.
It really is worth a read through the comments on that Kickstarter if you want to get the measure of how truly ghastly she is.
I reeeeally want to see the illustrations included in place of real food photos (so as not to distract from the instructions, apparently). Does anyone have a copy??
She claims they were sourced from local illustrators, id love to know too whether they were paid...

• Wow
Reactions: 31
FFS CAROLINE! She’s to blame for this as well!
No wonder she’s gone on indefinite “furlough”. Imagine having to deal with all those pissed off people and having to explain how very ill and special your employer is day in, day out.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Jesus H Christ I’ve just been scanning through the Kickstarter comments, what a shitshow. Her updates are making me HOWL though - how DARE you bunch of bullies SNIPE and GRIPE at me to deliver a product you’ve literally paid for. Your refund’s on the way, babes.
View attachment 363703
15k on POSTAGE!?! Yes mate, course you did.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.