Jack Monroe #124 Jack Monroe has and had covid, coronavirus, rona, covid-19 and long covid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does she just pick the best bits out of her heritage to name drop them. I mean one week she's northern Irish and the next she's from Cyprus and the next Greek. Why is she never English the actual country she was born in. It's very nice to be proud of their ancestors but you should be proud of your own heritage whish in this case is English petal. Stop trying to make yourself sound interesting you an English person with exotic ancestors.

I am northern Irish my ancestors are a bit muddled and and my children and husband are a different nationality to me. I don't pretend to be them and they don't pretend to be me.

Reactions: 48
That tweet saying she was collaborating with them is now deleted. Do you have a link to their statement?
(She was quite right to call out PETA, a despicable organisation, it was one of the few times I’ve ever agreed with her)
Alas no links, sorry. I agree with the PETA thing, they are dodgy AF. I too though it was right to call them out and I shuddered at agreeing with her, but, as usual, she was being two faced about it.
I'll try to find link on Google...

Reactions: 30
Babe, same.

I actually stepped away from here for a bit as she was annoying me too bleeping much. My dad had a heart attack two weeks ago, after recently being diagnosed with dementia. We're also waiting on a Parkinson's diagnosis. FUN TIMES. Seeing her cavorting about, grifting, lying and just being her usual cunty self was driving me over the edge when I can't go and visit my terrified, confused sick father in the hospital. (Not looking for any sympathy BTW, it's just life, innit?).

Anyway, I really hope this latest COVID facade wakes more people up to her. It would be the one good thing to come out of 2020.
I am so sorry to hear this and my love and best wishes to you and yours, and your Dad - been through similar with my Da though the opposite way round, heart attack ten years ago and now possible Parkinson's - so can absolutely understand the need to step back and take stock. I haven't been able to visit my parents since last Xmas as we live fifty miles from them and yep, seeing her behaving like this whilst claiming to have been neurotically careful has absolutely made my blood boil...

Just nothing but good wishes your way and lots of solidarity. 2020 can do one and take JM and her grifting, lying and manipulation with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
It's exactly the kind of thing I was paranoid about when I started working in TV. There are for sure plenty of poshos and sometimes you feel like an outsider (if you genuinely come from working class stock). But it turns out its just like any other work. If you get your head down and do it well, nobody gives a duck what your background is or where you came from.

Like most things, it's another excuse for Jack to cling to to explain away why nobody wants to hire her.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I am so sorry to hear this and my love and best wishes to you and yours, and your Dad - been through similar with my Da though the opposite way round, heart attack ten years ago and now possible Parkinson's - so can absolutely understand the need to step back and take stock. I haven't been able to visit my parents since last Xmas as we live fifty miles from them and yep, seeing her behaving like this whilst claiming to have been neurotically careful has absolutely made my blood boil...

Just nothing but good wishes your way and lots of solidarity. 2020 can do one and take JM and her grifting, lying and manipulation with it.
Thank you for your kind words and right back atcha'. So much love to you and your dad xxxx

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Alas no links, sorry. I agree with the PETA thing, they are dodgy AF. I too though it was right to call them out and I shuddered at agreeing with her, but, as usual, she was being two faced about it.
I'll try to find link on Google...
Without wanting to start more SEO fun, the vegan thing has been noted by our Search Engine Overlords...

899E3C59-2E2A-4B5B-A7B5-748C97A960B9.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I need to do a Grunka through the end of the last thread, but loving how many actual squiggles are calling her out for long covid!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I imagine this to be the scene:

“Going to make some ‘yummy’ food to keep in the fridge because I’m SO exhausted from long ‘rona...lets just tweet that because I don’t tweet my entire life annnd then I’ll get a cup of tea and curl up like a cat on one of my many chairs”

A mere 2 minutes later
“Hmm. I’m not meant to have any sense of taste or longing for food. I tweeted that. Then I tweeted my desire to make some ‘yummy’ food. Shiiiiit.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Maybe that’s why she thinks the mulled wine is a great addition to the recipe, it all tastes like cheap pine cleaner anyway 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Why isn't she cooking any of the #gifted fish!!!! If she never mentions the fish again or doesn't appear to produce anything with it I will be so cross. Think of how many better deserving people could've made good use of it. They should've donated it to the food bank.
My money is on a Del Monte/fish crossover when she can be arsed.

Grilled fish with tinned pineapple. Steamed fish with some tinned peaches chucked on top. Fish poached in a tin of fruit cocktail. Exotic.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.