Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was how I read it.

I thought she was probably by herself when the 'Oh, I'm soooooooo terribly ill, I've got a temperature of three million' tweets occurred. Which is most likely the point at which L was picked up by ambulance. Couldn't be having an inpatient seriously unwell with CV19 thinking of herself/her health - got to get her scared that JM was about to expire all alone....

Reactions: 23
I thought she was probably by herself when the 'Oh, I'm soooooooo terribly ill, I've got a temperature of three million' tweets occurred. Which is most likely the point at which L was picked up by ambulance. Couldn't be having an inpatient seriously unwell with CV19 thinking of herself/her health - got to get her scared that JM was about to expire all alone....
Yes it fits the pattern of JM trying to wrestle the limelight back onto herself...

Reactions: 25
Just noticed LC tweeted that her fever had gone up to 104. Of course JM had to elevenerife that too :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I follow a food historian on Instagram and she has just posted her breakfast which was a flambéed mincemeat omelet.

Thinking about this will take our collective minds off #expressgate #whendidcovidactuallybegingate #catinaboxgate and #coldchipgate
I've got recipe books dating back to the 30s, and mincemeat omlette was a thing then, usually a soufflé sweet one

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Which is deeply concerning in relation to her responsibility to ensure the news is broadcast in a truthful and unbiased fashion.
That’s not actually the responsibility of a journalist or broadcaster. Otherwise most of the media wouldn’t exist.

Reactions: 11
So do we have an LC x JM crossover timetable? I can imagine bath-fainting-gate coincided with a flurry of 106 temp tweets from Jack 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The guidance is a bit tricky here. You need to self isolate for 10 days after a positive test OR when symptoms first appeared as long as you are symptom free. Having had covid myself, it's not as easy as you think to determine if you are symptom free. Having a fever or coughing - obvs stay at home. Feeling tired and lethargic? Harder to say. Are you just feeling tired because you've had a virus and it knocked you sideways or are you symptomatic? I can understand that going for a walk by yourself somewhere quiet while feeling tired is probably acceptable and extremely low risk.
I agree, my oh was still having symptoms after 8 weeks so we didn't leave the house for 9 weeks ish just to be sure.

Just when you think you are feeling better another symptom comes along.

I have found that since having it that I keep picking colds and other infections up and they go straight to my chest and throat. It truly is a gift that keeps on giving

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
So do we have an LC x JM crossover timetable? I can imagine bath-fainting-gate coincided with a flurry of 106 temp tweets from Jack 🙄
The mask is definitely covering the word Louisa so she was there at some point. I wonder if JM dispatched her off home once it became clear L was actually ill (can’t imagine Jack wanting to care for someone) and then ramped up her illness to guilt trip because L was likely genuinely too ill to respond to her messages

Reactions: 20
I doubt it. She technically hasn't done anything wrong by bubbling with Cack unless she doesn't actually live alone.
Depends when she travelled to the crappy Bunglaow, and how. Shouldn’t be on public transport with symptoms.

Reactions: 18
I will admit to only having the fuzziest of ideas of what the head of news would do!
Sorry @JuliaGulia that came across quite short at you! The press etc are expected to take sides and be partisan. Only the bbc has to show “balance” because they’re totally publicly funded and are supposed to represent all of the public. It’s my pet hate, the media exists to service itself and make profit, like many industries do.

Depends when she travelled to the crappy Bunglaow, and how. Shouldn’t be on public transport with symptoms.
She cycled - 60 mile bike ride, public account showed 🥕lots of London-Southend activity according to a Frau.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.