Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Sideboard Bob for the words and @blurstoftimes for championing them 🎉

Recap of thread #121
  1. She organised a ‘huge’ Del Monte delivery of cans and fruit pots to go to the Fareshare warehouse. They will also be donating £10,000 to Magic Breakfast.
  2. She was ‘(slowly, gently, restfully) writing a thing about her heroes of 2020’. Sounds like she’s behind with her Year 7 homework.
  3. Just in case people had forgotten what she looked like, she posted a ‘rona selfie that cleared things up.
  4. Fish, glorious fish. She got a big fish delivery.
  5. But Jack, what are those neat little freezer bags you use? Why, it’s these! (affiliate links galore).
  6. Call4Fish are excited to see #WhatJackDoes. So are we. So are we.
  7. She conceded that she was over the worst of her covid experience because she was angry about a lot of nice-looking trifles. Irrational displeasure makes everyone feel better.
  8. Merry Christmas, one and all! 🎄 Ladyfingers for everyone!
For new joiners to the thread, here is @Passive_Aggressive_Lemon ‘s ‘Jack for Dummies’ post (edited to include updated info):

Thought it might be useful for new followers to have a post at the start of each thread with some info.
Limegoss article about Jack versus Jamie Oliver : https://limegoss.com/jack-monroe-jamie-oliver/

Thread #31 is the infamous one in which Jack turns up to talk to us directly. She makes her appearance on p. 17.

For anyone wanting to relive the glory days of her two-week stint on Daily Kitchen Live (DKL), have a grunk a through threads 2-9.

*** JACKISMS ***

Jack’s most oft-used reply to questions on recipe substitutions:

Yes, absolutely x

Some other favourite Jack quotes:

‘Babe, same’
‘I did a chaos’
‘My maverick brain’
‘My sad little face’
‘I’m BUSY’
‘I HOOTED / I am FIZZING’
‘I laughed up a lung’

** NEW **
‘Literally hella embarrassed AF’ about ‘Brexit and flip-flopping Covid flippancy’ and she ‘didn’t even vote for it’.

She likes to describe herself as ‘puppyishly honest and naively enthusiastic’

As of late November 2020, Jack conceded she is not poor, but living to a budget as she is saving for a forever home for her and SB.

One of Jack’s followers once referred to Tattlers as sad hausfraus and Jack herself has likened us to a cabal. Therefore we have become the Cabal of Hausfraus™️. She also recently referred to us as ‘gossip mavens’ (so, we are gossip trusted experts). ** Recent additions to her terms of endearment for Tattle: conspiracy wankers, obsessive groups of completely unhinged bullies, bullying ninnies, and malign, vicious bullies **

To ‘GrunkaLunka’ your way through a thread means to catch up on posts. Named after a member who rather epically caught up on many threads in a short period of time (and is also a fearless pioneer of the space-time continuum. She really was here both Now and Then).

Jack once threatened to use her Liam Neeson skills to TRIANGULATE our whereabouts in order to intimidate us, so that’s what we mean by that. * She may also threaten to take us to court - do not be afraid, this is not the first time and it won’t be the last. *

Jack once sideboard modelled a Vivienne Westwood dress, seeming to infer that it’s what Viv would have wanted (as if she were dead), and then got snippy when corrected otherwise. There may be some ‘RIP Viv’ jokes (she is, of course, NOT dead)

We sometimes joke about being on Vladimir Putin’s bitcoin payroll list for being evil trolls.

During her stint on Daily Kitchen Live, Jack produced a godawful looking lasagne, with a thin white sauce that never thickened up, just disappeared. It was widely likened to ‘horse spunk’ - there may be some horse ‘spirit’ lasagne jokes.

Her last-uttered line to Matt Tebutt on DKL was: ‘Thank you so Matt much, Matt’, which made us all HOOT.

Jack ended a tweet that listed her (not unimpressive) four-and-a-half GCSE results (A*, A, B, B, C) with: ‘Now duck off’. We sometimes like to use this in our own posts for comedic effect. We are NOT telling other fraus to duck off, simply paying homage to Jack’s own genteel humour.

*Back in the mists of time, one funny frau used a Jimmy Nail ‘She’s Lying’ picture to illustrate their thoughts on one of Jack’s latest tales. @Alpha Beta thought it was Novak Djokovic, the cabal hooted and Novak Nail was born. You may see reference to Jimmy Nail, Novak Djokovic, or the combination of both: Novak Nail. All demonstrate that she’s lying.*

Also:
  • She grew up in a 5-bed (mortgaged/owned) house
  • She got a £4.5k Omega watch for her 21st birthday
  • Her dad's a bleeping LANDLORD (an oldy, but a goody)
  • Jack and Louisa are no longer in a relationship - in Jack’s words: ‘She [Louisa] left’.
  • ** NEW ** However, during Lockdown 2 (November 2020), a bubble buddy, ‘buddle’ (BB) came to stay with Jack. BB is pescatarian, cycles 200 miles a week, and works in London. Jack is teaching her to cook, while also using her as a figure of gentle ridicule. She cannot cook, she cannot iron, she cannot clean the television properly, she left the hose out and it got eaten by a fox, and she doesn’t know the difference between wet and dry ingredients.
  • Her record for staying off Twitter since the start of these threads is 114 hours and 47 minutes.
  • She is 90% vegan. The other 10% likes to nom nom on Five Guys burger and discounted chicken slices.
  • During her appearance on DKL, she was asked why some mince has a higher fat content. ‘It just does.’
  • The information held on her by Companies House has her year of birth WRONG. She was born in 1988, not 1978.
  • She recently claimed she found her Burberry scarf in a muddy puddle.

Here is a link to Jack’s Tattle Wiki page, which also includes clips of Matt Tebutt muttering ‘Terrible!’ on Daily Kitchen Live, courtesy of @Yel) and @Bookweevil ‘s hilarious Glossary of Jack.

We are terrible for going off on tangents and using too many gifs, so there is another thread where we don’t discuss JM but instead talk about biscuits and stuff. For good light relief when JM is doing too much chaos, come to the Food & Drink threads in Off Topic.

• Lastly, but importantly, when submitting ideas for the next thread title, please use the words ‘thread title’, as it makes it easier to search. Just using the number won’t be enough. We also can’t have swears in the title, and try to hold off until around p. 40 for your suggestions, if possible. ThankYOU.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 89
On the subject of trifle; I was never a huge fan, but Nigella's raspberry and lemongrass one, and the Anglo-Italian one converted me. I noticed Jack didn't go after Dear Heart Mom

Reactions: 32
OH MY GOD I can't believe she's got the GALL to criticise other trifles and then post these disgusting-looking pictures of her own creation???

Screen Shot 2020-12-24 at 11.35.40.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 93
She's a dick, she's a dick, she's a dick

I always considered trifle to be sweet layers - got myself a sticky toffee trifle in the fridge :)

Clearly planned for a Del Monte tie in.

ETA - wonder if any of the ones she slagged off included del monte stuff? too lazy to look at her feed lol

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 55
The birds one dosn't have gelatine in the jelly (I hate trifle anyway so 🤷🏼‍♀️) this chocolate Swiss roll chocolate custard idea sounds good to me
Edit 🥕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What the hell is that? Where's the custard and cream going to go?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Howling at that trifle. Looks like a bowl of sick. Imagine bragging about your dad's food to everyone and it's just jars of Chinese curry, and Birds trifle?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Screenshot 2020-12-24 at 11.50.35.png

To be fair, squiggle, when Jack is cooking, it could well be a carrot top, leftover peelings or tinned mackerel

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 52
this bit looks like a carrot with the top still on. I wouldn't put it past her either 🥴

Screenshot_20201224-115234_Twitter.jpg

eta jinx, squiggle!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Then slowly, gently, restfully place the precious scallopses on the top.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 86
I wish I could find the clip, but I’ve now got Gordon from Two Doors Down shouting “a lovely bowl of bleeping trifle” going round and round my head.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.