Jack Monroe #122 You don’t batch tweet when you’ve got a 106 fever

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a serious note though, it's really pissed me off, her comparing trifles which aren't to her specific (poor) taste to seeking hard-won justice for actual war crimes, where real people have suffered and there are bereaved families still affected. All to be a punchline to a not particularly funny Twitter engagement "joke". On Christmas Eve.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 47
I get that people like to get their pets presents and fair play that she can afford a £32 cat bed. but she was actually going to wrap it?! wrap. a. present. for. the. cat. who does that?

madness

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
I seem to have been banned from posting gifs (I'm not sorry and I'd overuse them again) but after reading the trifle wiffling, please do imagine Chandler Bing bellowing SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

Everything she slated looks absolutely lovely, trifle is not sacred, and if it were I can't see cheap swiss roll and TINNED PEARS making the cut

She's done it, she's actually done it - I'm having strongish feelings about trifle. Is this a simulation?

• Haha
Reactions: 45
On a serious note though, it's really pissed me off, her comparing trifles which aren't to her specific (poor) taste to seeking hard-won justice for actual war crimes, where real people have suffered and there are bereaved families still affected. All to be a punchline to a not particularly funny Twitter engagement "joke". On Christmas Eve.
Agreed.

So many people are really struggling this Christmas. The whole thing seems odd - most people seem to be in a reflective, rather than chirpy, mood this year. But the Hague joke is just the icing on the cake (Jack equivalent? Lard on the trifle?). Trite and unfunny.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I get that people like to get their pets presents and fair play that she can afford a £32 cat bed. but she was actually going to wrap it?! wrap. a. present. for. the. cat. who does that?

madness
We used to for our cats. My kitty died this year during lockdown and I made a photo album for my Mum and Dad including a picture of said kitty sniffing her Christmas present a couple of years ago 😭

It was because it had catnip in. She even wagged her tail when she realised it was hers. I swear she was part dog. First Christmas away from my parents and first without our little Daisy.

Sorry Fraus. I've already cried at Arthur Christmas today 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71
Wow sounds like she's putting a lot of effort into making sure her son has a nice and normal christmas (i really hope she's lying about him being there)
It's amazing isn't it? Clearly Christmas has to be ALL ABOUT HER rather than, you know, attempting to make it special for your loved ones (esp the kids).

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Can I just say that I never understand the bra thing? I have large breasts, going braless is uncomfortable! Still I guess I'm glad she got over her dysphoria. 🤔

PS you have worn a bra Jack. Sports bra on the sideboard. Lacy number for Edinburgh thot shots. Two shapewear bodies at the same time. Receipts!
I'm just coming out a bit of a prolonged funk and it's no coincidence that I've started wearing a bra again in the past couple of days. Can't speak for anyone else but it makes me feel so much better about myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I'm just coming out a bit of a prolonged funk and it's no coincidence that I've started wearing a bra again in the past couple of days. Can't speak for anyone else but it makes me feel so much better about myself.
Yup, I didn’t wear one yesterday because of the pre Christmas tanning routine (who cares if nobody outside my house will see me I’m as bronzed as the turkey and I feel fabulous) and felt really slobby.

Doesn’t help that without a bra one tit will be in the kitchen while the other is upstairs making the beds mind

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I am waiting for her to begin banging on about the taste and how she's scooped out the leftovers like a starving lemming. Of course this will completely ignore the fact that COVID leaves you without a sense of taste.

I no longer believe she's had COVID (I never did tbh) ...or if she has then she has massively over exaggerated the symptoms being the liar and attention seeker she is.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Yes! I see the plug for the St Giles charity on her twitter, about fucken time and can we see more promotion of charities and community initiatives (even ones she is not connected to by paid partnerships) in the New Year. please?

I am waiting for her to begin banging on about the taste and how she's scooped out the leftovers like a starving lemming. Of course this will completely ignore the fact that COVID leaves you without a sense of taste.

I no longer believe she's had COVID (I never did tbh) ...or if she has then she has massively over exaggerated the symptoms being the liar and attention seeker she is.
I've been searching for the post where someone described her as 'over-egging the anchoiade' in regards to her symptoms, can't find it, well done that person

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Merry Christmas Eve, lovelies 😁

I have to say, if Jack came after my mums Sherry trifle I swear I would hunt her down - the best trifle I’ve ever tasted. Having said that, I really bloody love Birds Dream Topping as well. I never thought before now that I had eclectic trifle taste but here we are.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.