Jack Monroe #121 Fahrenheit 106

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bods saying what a great person Jack is for the Monte Del donation to the b’fast club are making it sound like it’s come from her pocket. And the tinned fruits don’t seem keen on publicity using social media- #strangebuttrue

Reactions: 25
Sorry my recent comments have been v boring seriously but just re reading the retailtimes article & it feels like this campaign is going to be a slow burner with a few TV/radio appearances and recipes released over 6 months so fear not, there is plenty of content for us! Also for a brexit truther funny how her campaign literally runs over the period they’re suspecting shortages?

The best part of it all is the hugely naff campaign hashtag #yesweCAN, not only is it so embarrassing having to be a brand’s witch using it, but suggests they’re hoping for user generated content (inspired by Brenda’s bangers, per chance?) around those god awful recipes.

This is gonna fall so flat lol, I’ll keep track of her brand content engagement rates - this is easy anyone can do it but I’ll keep a little table going in my iPhone notes? I doubt the hashtag will take off (hashtags? In 2020???) but if it does there’s some cooler bits we can do there too x
I’m here for all of this! Amazing idea! You could ask Jack to share her own forensic analysis to compare....

• Heart
Reactions: 17
IMG_20201222_184339.png

Just use this thread Jack :rolleyes: no need to reinvent the wheel in a sad effort to up your engagement.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
I think FS provided our shielding boxes, the fruit was rotting when it arrived.

• Just thought I'd update that there were no positive responses to my email, which confirms my disappointment in academia and the fact that so many of my fellow 'critical' geographers are not actually critical in the slightest, or maybe just too well-off for Jack's account of what she calls poverty to sit wrong.
  • Watched the Marcus doc last night and was shocked, shocked I tell you, that Jack didn't feature. She's obviously busy as the real brains behind the operation, too modest to want credit.
  • I'm sorry to be a harbinger of doom but I have my doubts about FareShare. They charge community organisations a lot (in the thousands of pounds) every month to provide food. Sometimes it's really good stuff like fillet steaks but other times it's on the verge of rotting. I know they have high costs for vans/training & insurance for their drivers etc. but it does make me a bit suspicious. Someone is getting rich off this, in my opinion.
  • That's not to tit on Marcus. I think he's amazing and he shouldn't stop. I don't like Jack riding those coat-tails though.
I think Faresare
  • Just thought I'd update that there were no positive responses to my email, which confirms my disappointment in academia and the fact that so many of my fellow 'critical' geographers are not actually critical in the slightest, or maybe just too well-off for Jack's account of what she calls poverty to sit wrong.
  • Watched the Marcus doc last night and was shocked, shocked I tell you, that Jack didn't feature. She's obviously busy as the real brains behind the operation, too modest to want credit.
  • I'm sorry to be a harbinger of doom but I have my doubts about FareShare. They charge community organisations a lot (in the thousands of pounds) every month to provide food. Sometimes it's really good stuff like fillet steaks but other times it's on the verge of rotting. I know they have high costs for vans/training & insurance for their drivers etc. but it does make me a bit suspicious. Someone is getting rich off this, in my opinion.
  • That's not to tit on Marcus. I think he's amazing and he shouldn't stop. I don't like Jack riding those coat-tails though.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Oh she looks SO... not ill at all 🙄
I sent a photo to my mum when I had flu and her reply was “bleeping hell you look bloody dreadful” 😂

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
I wonder how long it took to get her dreadfully patchy hair to look so artfully tousled?
My guess is foreverrrr.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Jfc Jack is looking fresh faced. We’re very close in age, so why do I look like such utter tit every single time I’m sick, but this one is looking like a rosy cheeked teen?? After a chronic bout of pneumonia last spring my face was so swollen from medications, had nasty dark circles, nose the size of Australia, etc etc. Posting tit like this doesn’t help her poor sick little baby shtick 🙄🙄🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Can someone triangulate the dressing gown? It looks lovely.......and expensive ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.