Jack Monroe #12 Eight thousand pages from her printer, this could take us through to winter.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After watching Saturday Kitchen, I stayed on the sofa and watched Nadia’s show, which was delightful and packed full of good ideas.

I think it is interesting to watch Matt, Shiva and Nadia cook because they intermingle it with knowledge and stories of their family and life, they all have ‘it’. They are all honest and have experiences to relate to the audience and talk about.

Television is escapism and cooking shows provide a lovely escape but also inspiration and ideas for cooking. I genuinely would cook everything I have watched this morning.

I really think if Jack wants to succeed she needs to learn to be honest and provide more content than simply I used to be poor and cook from tins. You can cost things and talk about the price of a recipe but the race to the bottom on price all the time is draining and not enjoyable to watch.

Going back to lemons, the conversation could have been gentle ie a lemon costs 40p and would add great fresh flavour, you can also use bottled lemons, this bottle costs £1.20 but it will last for months.
Gentle education rather than aggressive argument.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Is Jack ever going to actually produce any videos from her shed? Or did she just see Jamie Oliver do his show from his spare room and think if she created a similar space, the commissions would come rolling in?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
After watching Saturday Kitchen, I stayed on the sofa and watched Nadia’s show, which was delightful and packed full of good ideas.

I think it is interesting to watch Matt, Shiva and Nadia cook because they intermingle it with knowledge and stories of their family and life, they all have ‘it’. They are all honest and have experiences to relate to the audience and talk about.

Television is escapism and cooking shows provide a lovely escape but also inspiration and ideas for cooking. I genuinely would cook everything I have watched this morning.

I really think if Jack wants to succeed she needs to learn to be honest and provide more content than simply I used to be poor and cook from tins. You can cost things and talk about the price of a recipe but the race to the bottom on price all the time is draining and not enjoyable to watch.

Going back to lemons, the conversation could have been gentle ie a lemon costs 40p and would add great fresh flavour, you can also use bottled lemons, this bottle costs £1.20 but it will last for months.
Exactly, I watch cookery shows as a way to relax, yes I want the recipes too but I'm not sat with a pen and paper or the notepad on my phone jotting them down, I Google them after the show, I just love the calm they bring, they can be funny and interesting and like you say an escape, when I watch Jack I'm on edge, there is nothing absolutey nothing relaxing about her, and as much as I'm not writing down the recipe I still like to know what your doing but unless prompted she wasn't sharing that info.

There is a toddler chef I have seen on Instagram, I can't think of his name, Roman, I want to say, and he is more calming and gives more info than Jack does on his cooking show and he is like 3 years old, also he is adorable 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Is Jack ever going to actually produce any videos from her shed? Or did she just see Jamie Oliver do his show from his spare room and think if she created a similar space, the commissions would come rolling in?
😂 I very much doubt it - she’s holding Tattle responsible for why she’s not producing anything from her shed by the look of it. All I’ve seen is her trying to make an innuendo from shaking carrot oats with her gnarly arthritic hands which if true wouldn’t even be able to move at all.

Ps. Anyone notice this pearler from one of our earlier thread favourites?

Pps. Jack’s tweet below. At least she can see she has an impulse control problem. She needs to channel it differently.

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just finished the threads and SK - a fat to mince reference, a JO reference, a nod to “fancy” cress and a semi on - Mr Tebbutt I salute you x

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I've been and stared at my hedge, which apparently isn't sufficient to achieve anything much, but it's much taller than it looks from the raised patio and the thought of having at it with shears (all I have) is mildly depressing me. Wondering whether to text my gardener neighbour and cheekily ask if he has electric hedge cutter I can borrow.

@my_escape_from_the_ads - link to post for where I got my house plants here:

Though @heretoreaditall2019 did warn against my last linked company, who I didn't order from, so maybe avoid.

V pleased with what I got from gardens4you, they are forgiven for having a number in their name, plastic pots were a little bashed about, but I don't suppose that is easily helped. Plants themselves look in excellent condition and pretty good for the price, especially the 3 mix cactus.

@heretoreaditall2019 - pics for your attention! 🎍😀 The charmingly named Little Warty appears to have a bud on it too - exciting!! Also came with a little care sheet for each one, so am v pleased. (Pots are mine, they came in the plastic ones).

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Yel

😂 I very much doubt it - she’s holding Tattle responsible for why she’s not producing anything from her shed by the look of it. All I’ve seen is her trying to make an innuendo from shaking carrot oats with her gnarly arthritic hands which if true wouldn’t even be able to move at all.

Pps. Jack’s tweet below. At least she can see she has an impulse control problem. She needs to channel it differently.
Who was the Hun there and what was the singer that tattlers were envious of?

Just made the lemon cake recommend here. Top has got more colour but still a success

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I don’t understand the second tweet at all - but jealous of getting replies on twitter? Mate I wouldn’t even @ celebs or big accounts cos it looks so beggy and cringe, what do these people sound like.

Seed crew - we’re burying excess eggs (we got some unexpectedly in a beg box!) in the garden, one day my husband will turn the earth and we’d plant our grass seeds but I imagine I’ll be retired by that point. If a haus Frau can retire, don’t we usually just get taken out back and shot once we hit menopause?

I've been and stared at my hedge, which apparently isn't sufficient to achieve anything much, but it's much taller than it looks from the raised patio and the thought of having at it with shears (all I have) is mildly depressing me. Wondering whether to text my gardener neighbour and cheekily ask if he has electric hedge cutter I can borrow.

@my_escape_from_the_ads - link to post for where I got my house plants here:

Though @heretoreaditall2019 did warn against my last linked company, who I didn't order from, so maybe avoid.

V pleased with what I got from gardens4you, they are forgiven for having a number in their name, plastic pots were a little bashed about, but I don't suppose that is easily helped. Plants themselves look in excellent condition and pretty good for the price, especially the 3 mix cactus.

@heretoreaditall2019 - pics for your attention! 🎍😀 The charmingly named Little Warty appears to have a bud on it too - exciting!! Also came with a little care sheet for each one, so am v pleased. (Pots are mine, they came in the plastic ones).
omg yay thank you for pics! I’m going to boot up my laptop after I’ve done some haus frauing and make an order 😍 this thread has been thoroughly #influencing

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11

Just made the lemon cake recommend here. Top has got more colour but still a success

The Hun tweet is from Jack's super fan that we aren't allowed to talk about anymore... Notice how whenever people get anything other than praise its because we are jealous trolls? Wtf am I jealous exactly? I for one would love to know 😂😂

Reactions: 16

Did you see when Matt said that he could really see Shiva eating what she made? He went on to say "I watch some people cook and I think to myself you dont really eat that stuff do you?!"

Shade towards Jack?

The chemistry this morning was so relaxed and laid back, it really was a soothing start to a fraught Saturday.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

Yel

The Hun tweet is from Jack's super fan that we aren't allowed to talk about anymore... Notice how whenever people get anything other than praise its because we are jealous trolls? Wtf am I jealous exactly? I for one would love to know 😂😂
Ah thanks, that's a shame I thought it was a public figure and we were going to be told we were envious that Ellie Goulding tweeted them 😆

Yeah better to not talk about the fan, they either have complications or are trolling.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

Yel

Speaking of the mail they moderated all comments on her outbuilding studio kitchen (that's probably all wet and ruined now) and let just the one go live

Screenshot_2020-05-02-13-29-35-446_com.android.chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Speaking of the mail they moderated all comments on her outbuilding studio kitchen (that's probably all wet and ruined now) and let just the one go live
They do that on a few 'sensitive' articles

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.