Jack Monroe #113 I beg your pardon, she’s got a hammock in her rented garden

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tonight has been weird. The attention seeking and silly lies about minimalism and the 5 seasons.

Reactions: 25
That's another dig at Louisa. She loves Madonna.
I think a couple things are happening here. Firstly she’s jealous of L and it makes her seethe a bit.

Second, she does the thing that emotional abusers can sometimes do to put down their partner, constantly chip away at them as a way to bring them down to keep them from leaving.

All just armchair psychology, but she really doesn’t seem nice to her in the grand scheme of things. You don’t have to be emotionally abusive to have resentment, that can happen in all sorts of relationships or under stress, but this feels more calculated.

God, she’s going a bit OTT with the Madonna shaming. Is she trying to embarrass Louisa? Head honcho at Ch4 is actually a basic witch with a penchant for cheesy Madonna shocker?
Yes which is funny considering her likes are all very basic including her musical taste (Taylor Swift).

Still grunka-ing but why in the hell does everything have to be public?! Why not, you know, just call them??? It’s obnoxious.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
There’s a bleeping leopard print bongo in there
Isn't it a djembe? 😉😋

Why the duck would you put le creuset stuff away, never mind a childs plastic feeding spoon, and unless my eyes deceive me that's a spirit measure, all going away.

Where does she keep all this crap?
And a mouldy wooden lemon juicer.

I struggle massively at the moment with things like organisation and executive function. I had a really bad day, but looking at that pile of total crap that twit swaps around [allegedly] makes me feel far less like a hoarder. I'd love to get rid of my crap.

And how the hell did she move 20 odd times, including into a two bed flat according to some article, with all that? Surely much of it must be relatively recent. The removers complained about my 25 boxes of books 14 years (after a clear out too)!

Last edited:
Reactions: 34
I don't understand the vast amounts of crockery that need changing 5 times a year for her food photography when she only ever takes photos from above showing her hands clasping a plate like Oliver?

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Thanks so much for that. Yes, World AIDS Day yesterday was part of the reason for my dark day. I have a lovely picture from the 1980's of a coach trip to the Pink Picnic to raise money for AIDS charities. Half of that coach had died within 10 years. It was heartbreaking to live through, and thankfully outcomes are so much better these days. For people in developed countries at least, Africa still has terrible problems.
Honestly, MancBee, thank (space) you for your consistant grace and eloquence on these threads. It is wonderful that society has progressed so far in terms of tolerance, but the horrors that your generation lived through must never be forgotten. I remember a colleague telling me about seeing friend after friend die - that is unimaginable, and those lives need to be remembered. He also told me about how he hated people nowadays telling him he was queer, part of the queer community etc, when that word was used as a hateful slur against him for so long.

(I think it's also sadly true that, despite progress, media representation of gay men is still sadly largely limited to one type - camp, cheerful, always joking - which makes people take them less seriously. As a society we have come a long way, but frankly until we see gay professional footballers etc, we still have a long way to go.)

On-topic: Jack Monroe is a bellend

• Heart
Reactions: 73
If she does this 5 times a year - how can she not know how long it takes? Also why do it the night before yet another big work thing, so yet again she is tired and unprofessional. FFS!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
absolute nightmare fuel for those of us who have realised (somewhat belatedly) that Chandler is the Best One
On another tattle thread far far away they use Gregler Bing 😆 to refer to a minor celeb

Why the duck would you put le creuset stuff away, never mind a childs plastic feeding spoon, and unless my eyes deceive me that's a spirit measure, all going away.

Where does she keep all this crap?
Bib you wouldn’t, she doesn’t, it’s for our benefit as she is buying more crockery and trying to justify it for work

Reactions: 16
"My house is pretty minimal and immaculate these days" hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

We've seen it mate, you're chattin tit innit?
I think if we’re talking minimalist no one did it better than Miranda Richardson in Abs Fabs. Now that was an immaculate and minimalist house.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Looking at the collection of crap makes me want to clean my house. I can’t at the moment because I’m leaving at 7.30 to drive to work.

Reactions: 23
I’m still grunking and Mack is asking about prawn cocktail - lots of discussion about whether she was around in the 70s. Well I’ve found PROOF
783CC80E-3D61-44A7-9A49-AF4039369F47.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
In response to her Twitter vomit last night:-
1. Yes you've mentioned the photoshoot (many times). We all know how important you think you are.

2. Your kitchen "looks like it's been ransacked by bears", but a few hours ago your home was immaculate. Which is it?

3. Joking about cramming 9 hours sleep (who needs that much?) Into 5 1/2 isn't funny.

4. It's not unusual for anyone to underestimate how long tasks take. It is nothing to do with your ADHD, or any other MH condition. Almost everyone I know underestimates the time jobs take "in the human world". Are you suggesting that you are not human? What a strange take, to suggest that a MH condition stops you being human. How insulting to all those people with ADHD and other conditions that are very much human. You are perpetuating stigma, please stop.

5. If you didn't have such a lot of junk, sorting it out would be quicker. You state that your home is minimalist, your photographs disprove that claim.

6. I don't know what you are replying to with your reference to ADHD, stress, fear, anxiety and overeating carbs, but will make the following observations.
a) We all know you've got ADHD, you tell everyone constantly. Many of us have health issues that affect us, we don't tell everyone multiple times a day. We just get on with life. I suggest you do the same. Everyone is aware of your illnesses, they do not need daily (or hourly) reminders.
b)Stress, fear and anxiety are affecting everyone right now, we are in a pandemic. It might be nice to actually acknowledge that others are struggling too, rather than always centering yourself.
c)Too many carbs. Well if you ate a proper balanced diet rather than tiny portions of crap, you might not feel the need to overeat late in the evening.

7. Massive sleeps at weekends do not "reset" you, they will mess with your body clock. Manage your time better so that you get 7 or 8 hours sleep a night. No one works efficiently when they are tired. You will find you are more productive.

I hope that my advice is helpful to you Jack. My invoice for life coaching is in the post. One final advice....open your post!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
marauding is her latest stolen word, but as she has no clue what it actually means, she uses it totally out of context 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Also she's such a bleeping bad grass. The utter cheek of her to accept thousands of pounds for an article that she can't even be fucked proofreading and then publicly bay for blood of a low paid worker on her verified social media.

She can say all she likes that she "doesn't want to get anyone fired" but she's doubling down that it's the driver's fault with her sad little spy camera so that's evidently bollocks.

Proper entitled Tory behaviour.
Exactly! She could just call John Lewis and say the product was broken on arrival and they’ll send her a new one. I’m so shocked she’s putting this on Twitter when she CAN’T AFFORD BUTTER. duck off!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Morning. Crockery cannot MARAUD you fool
View attachment 332852
Her shed is not full of crockery, we have seen it. Her shed is a kitcken/studio/deathtrap.

If someone said that Nigella kept her crockery in the downstairs bog, Jack would say she does too. Can no one ever tell her something that she doesn't know, seen, tried, done, have?

Her crap is all over the house, we have seen the pictures. Though I very much doubt that crockery is marauding anywhere. Crockery is inanimate.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.