Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn't someone on the last thread suggest the thread title "the lady doth protest too much, me thinks"?

Really not making herself sound as secure and professional as she thinks 😂😂
It's so bloody cringey as well, all this bragging about herself, as that's what she's essentially doing. Showing screenshots of people complimenting her work, now listing all the work she's (allegedly) been doing or contacted about. She's embarrassing.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
Haha so by her own admission, in the last month the heroic amount of work that she has managed to squeeze into these infamous 19 hour work days is: One afternoon of filming with the abc, a couple of hours zooming with The Guardian and 2000 written words. The rest is just discussing future work. And she's never been busier!
As she said herself that she bangs out her articles in half an hour, those 2000 words won't have taken long.

Can we add some of these future projects to the To-do List?

Reactions: 37
I bleeping despise this woman.

I’m willing someone to reply back and ask her why she still has Patreon and why she begs on Twitter. Please for the love of god, someone expose the lies.
There is no way she has all that work lined up, she’s toxic.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 84
Glad she see she's is busy and earning her money so close to Christmas I wish others were in a similar boat.

I personally feel it's a bit out of touch that a mere few weeks ago she was struggling to live when she had all this work in the pipeline. How many of her followers are in the dole queue through no fault of their own.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
After a quick Google, it's clear that fellowship of the RSA can be applied for, there are 30000 'fellows'. It seems fairly unlikely that they just sent her a letter out of the blue asking her to be a fellow, there's an interview process apparently etc etc, if it isn't complete bullshit it has a very heavy lying by omission smell to it.
Exactly this. (couldn't post on last thread as closed)
2 friends of mine are artists and every year you have to apply. They both exhibit their art and people from RA judge it.
(Sadly neither have ever been successful)
Then there's loads of 'committees' and meetings and interviews.
No one would just send out a bloody letter to some random. Even if that were true, if you lost it, surely you'd just ring them up?

Reactions: 27
It's so bloody cringey as well, all this bragging about herself, as that's what she's essentially doing. Showing screenshots of people complimenting her work, now listing all the work she's (allegedly) been doing or contacted about. She's embarrassing.
Reminiscent of that quote about being rich, 'if you have to say you are then you probably ain't'. So it is with Monroe being BUSY/respected at work.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
As CCJs expire after 6 years we can safely assume she's continued to run up debts long after she ceased to be poor and her recent "poverty" has been the result of self indulgent overspending rather than genuine need. I feel really sorry for the poor squiggles still taken in by that self serving toad.
Considering every word she says is a lie, I am willing to bet money that she doesn’t have CCJ‘s. What’s more likely is she used to have them years ago and carried on the narrative for more begging for donations.

She must be really at odds with her narcissism this week. Part of her needs to keep up the poverty narrative, the other half of her narcissism wants to gloat online about how great she is and all the work she has and making sure everyone knows how highly thought of - all because ONE person said she was hard work. I don’t even believe this happened, despite it being true, because it gave her a crowbar to shove her ego down our throats.

So which one is it Jack, poor and destitute or ego driven full of work maniac?!

Reactions: 72
There’s a lot of ‘approached by’ and ‘in talks with’ on that list, and little actual ‘have done’. Funny none of it showed up on the wallpaper, and she generally informs us of every toilet trip.

And who holds a housing conference on a Saturday?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 71
There’s a lot of ‘approached by’ and ‘in talks with’ on that list, and little actual ‘have done’. Funny none of it showed up on the wallpaper.

And who holds a housing conference on a Saturday?
Maybe BB wants to leave the crappy bungalow?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
I also think this putting letters after your name thing is really ignorant of the people who don’t have the privilege to be open about their health. There’s still a massive stigma attached to mental illness and, in a professional role, I would not feel comfortable signing off an email listing them after my name. I wouldn’t even feel comfortable with my boss coming across my twitter name and seeing details about my health. We don’t all have the privilege of shouting our disabilities/illnesses from the rooftops as for most of us it would seriously impact how we are perceived professionally. She gets to be quirky but most people working normal jobs would be seen as a liability.

Obviously she doesn’t acknowledge any amount of privilege because she’s literally the poorest, illest, most downtrodden person in the world and couldn’t possibly have it better than anyone.
I was just typing something similar but less coherent, totally agree with you.

Also what about people who have less accepted mental health issues and disabilities, things like schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, BPD, psychosis, addiction, anti-social personality disorder? What about people in countries where diagnosis is impossible or mental health is not yet discussed at all. What about people who might be afraid of losing custody of their children? Funny how all of Jack's chosen letters are the ones that society is more sympathetic towards these days, with less stigma.

Her world view is so narrow and childish.
You Frauen are so eloquent and have hit the nail on the head here. It's an aspect of it I hadn't even thought about until you pointed it out. Jack is coming from a position of great privilege even to be able to do this, which is interesting given that the reason she did it in the first place was to shine a light on how 'marginalised' she is.

There are so many different sorts of problem with what she's doing. Terribly thought out (not thought out at all) but what's new. She'll be enjoying the fact she's getting attention from it/her acolytes are doing the same, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Just watched Nigella aka ‘Mom’. I would like to thank Jack for ruining her for me. I used to enjoy her shows but Jack has clearly tried (& failed miserably) to emulate her with her extravagant descriptions. The nail in the coffin was when Nigella mentioned ‘fat clove of garlic’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Also I think it's quite unprofessional of her agent to forward that email. If it isn't a concern her agent should have just chuckled and deleted it.

Why rock the boat, why worry someone that someone as complained about them if the complaint is a load of twaddle.

I would actually be really annoyed with my agent if she was telling me tales. It doesn't help especially if I was feeling a bit wobbly like she claimed yesterday.

Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.