Jack Monroe #108 You’re really good on camera mate, honestly

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Greyfaces aren't so cute when they're wandering around the roads. But, for absolute skill in harnessing their inherent propensity for self immolation to redirect in taking pissed up Cornishmen victims of the Hairy Hands over the side of the road, it's the whitefaces everytime.

Even if they do look like they should be on an album cover.

1606081026092.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
The Greyfaces aren't so cute when they're wandering around the roads. But, for absolute skill in harnessing their inherent propensity for self immolation to redirect in taking pissed up Cornishmen victims of the Hairy Hands over the side of the road, it's the whitefaces everytime.

Even if they do look like they should be on an album cover.

View attachment 320559
Is that their “Best of” Albaaaaaaam?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Are the “trolls” JM refers to exclusively people on here? Because it’s overwhelmingly adoring fans who seem to engage with her on Twitter, from what I’ve seen. If so, that’s very bizarre. And it’s also infuriating to have people’s criticisms on here about JM’s twisty stories and shameless, literal begging warped into “the haters don’t think a poor person should have the luxury of the calculator! Here’s a picture of my TV for some reason. Guess I’m not poor in their right wing hate-filled eyes...” [never mind that it was literally a luxury calculator, in a picture she deliberately posted]

Cause, that’s really not the attitude on here, right? I applaud JM’s social progressive positions (as far as they aren’t performative). I don’t care about receipts. I don’t care if she quit a job or not. I don’t care if she uses the fanciest soap (but I do care if she lies about it). It’s more, if you’re gonna live your life on display, don’t exaggerate. If someone catches you exaggerating, explain and move on. If you want to talk about poverty, talk about the times you were living in poverty. Don’t imply you can’t afford butter now. Don’t keep out the tip jar on your ad-covered blog. If you’re gonna complain about any backlash, don’t sling mud at other people.

I’ve seen a lot of well-wishers on here, too. I guess that doesn’t fit the nasty troll story, tho. This feels wild, but hey JM, if you’re reading, I’m still kind of a fan and hope you grow out of an everything-on-display phase. I credit you with helping me get a better grip on my pantry and how to stretch out a budget. And I haven’t given you a nickel. Maybe I’m the grifter, here. 🤷‍♂️
She blocks them all on Twitter. She had thousands on the block list

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Hold up! The chicken tikka masala is so named, because she’s put some yellow stickered chicken tikka in it?! No wonder it’s a grey brown coloured slop! I make variations of tikka masala regularly, either chicken or veg. It isn’t the colour of dishwater and it isn’t slop. WTF this is so offensive 🤦‍♀️

My veg masala is a beautiful orangey red, and you can see the shapes of the veg in it, the sauce is creamy and thick. Hers is.... jollof rice all over again!
Jack:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Sanitary products are one of those things I ALWAYS put in my 'Food Bank Container' I have in the trolley when I go shopping.
I can remember how expensive they were back when I was having a hard time. I smashed open a dispenser in a public toilet. Police were involved. It was grim.
Same, I always chuck them in the container

• Heart
Reactions: 20
If anyone is looking to buy soap, I recommend a brand called cosy cottage - it's a small business, all products are vegan and don't use palm oil ( companies saying they are vegan but use it is my massive bugbear) and their products are amazing! I don't have any connection to the company so my recommendation is purely from being a v satisfied customer!
How many of the canal have signed up or ordered something tonight?! 🙋‍♀️ Clara will be wondering wtf is going on

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
How many of the canal have signed up or ordered something tonight?! 🙋‍♀️ Clara will be wondering wtf is going on
Jack with her platform could promote a company like cosy cottage. That would be a decent thing to do.

Pretty sure I found them randomly on Facebook but that’s the thing. Jack has almost 280k followers on twitter

Think of the boost she could give small to medium sized companies. Instead she spends her time talking cack on twitter

Reactions: 26
Before these threads, I never realised quite how many shades of brown there are...

I signed up for soap emails too 🙋

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I meant to post my kale recipe earlier and I forgot, so here goes:

Snip a few rashers is bacon into small pieces, and put into a hot frying pan or wok, you may need to add a touch of veg oil if your bacon is lean. When crisp, remove and put to one side. Add you kale to the hot pan and stir fry for a couple of minutes, chuck in a few tablespoons of water (it helps soften the kale) and stir until its evaporated, when the kale is done to how you like it add the bacon back into the pan with a grind of pepper and a sprinkle of salt (go easy as the bacon may be salty), serve as an accompaniment to whatever you fancy. It's nice with sausages and mash, or a roast dinner

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A friend of mine uses a foodbank, and last week she showed me the contents of the bag she received.

It was so touching to see how thoughtful people are... things like tinned chilli, kinder bars for her child.

It made me rethink what to put in.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.