Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s dry as a bone. Which takes some doing with a courgette recipe. It’s supposed to be a gratin - where is all the delicious cheesiness that should be on top?
It'll thicken up in the oven.... what do you mean, it's already cooked?!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Imagine referring to yourself as a kitchen maverick. That’s just pure Partridge

Why does she need to mention every single day that she has ADHD and is autistic?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Child keeps borrowing my phone and I can’t bloody catch up... my thoughts whilst I have it.

1. If you are that triggered by someone talking about autism on Twitter...DONT BE ON TWITTER. Or is the blue tick that’s the issue.
2. Sex worker.... whatever. I feel like the whole being briefly poor just gets more complicated and longer. Oh I grew up poor as well. If things were bad then she should have asked for help rather that putting herself AND her son in danger. Which is what sex work is.
3. School would have been a bad idea, esp if your first line is ‘are you aware of my body of work’.
4. Showing those messages from people you worked with is the worst example of narcissistic wank. Also they would say that, they’re not going to say ‘you’re a bleeping nightmare’, they’ll be nice and not book you again.

Anyway I’m busy so duck OFF!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 40
'I can bang out columns in half an hour. I just regurgitate the same old shite and don't fact check anything. Please hire me'

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
I didn't see those Christmas cake toppers for the dominoes on the £20 shop Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
What’s happened to the tweet advertising this article that Jack is going to write?

Lukewarm Regards,
(Actual) Dr AlphaBeta NT (national trust)
02880058-9E99-4BA0-B496-7230C75B1D94.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Nice to see that she’s taking such care for a start up publication, banging out a screed of utter wank in minutes. Many attention to detail, much conscientious.
But she's forensic about all this remember. Forensically full of pure tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
OK so the whole ~I was a sex worker thing~ makes me cringe on so many different levels, I think because not only is it absolute unadulterated SHITE but also because she pretends to keep it on the DL. So it's a weird combo of kind of pretending to be ashamed of it (the Ken Loach narrative - I was forced into sex work by poverty, don't tell my mama and daddy) but also wanting to be all 'sex work is work', which would involve some sort of feminist / political analysis which she's clearly incapable of. On account of being thick.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Glad to hear she won't make any money out of it. They might want to move gently away from her once they get properly up and running. Don't think Jack's photoshopped selfies and ED crumb trailing is really the best fodder for a mental health magazine

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Nice to see that she’s taking such care for a start up publication, banging out a screed of utter wank in minutes. Many attention to detail, much conscientious.

Her friend must be delighted to read that she’s going to spend a whole half an hour on it.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.