Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The bed is military round the edges, and soft softy soft in the middle. Perfect for the twenty hour Dino naps.
Does this mean she's had SB sleeping on a camp bed in a small room for ages while there's a larger, usually empty, guest bedroom just next door

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Who’s got the full ailment list? Could they abbreviate the whole lot for our Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
That’s total bad crack saying she didn’t name Jamie Oliver. She set the dogs on him and if I were Louisa I would have left her there and then. Not supported her in her howling madness. He got a job she wanted. That she thinks she was entitled to have. She always does a look at my cute cat tweet after she’s done a chaos or look at me and my cutesy looking face. It’s all diversion tactics. It’s to divert from what an absolute horror she is.

There is a guy on twitter who has grifted a load of money from people. He’s far far worse than Jack. Far worse. His name is Symon Hawkes. Google him. It’s not pleasant what you will find. But he plays the poor me and he cons people and people fall for it.

But I used to follow him on twitter. Highly manipulative. Grifter. Liar. Alarm bells really do ring when you see patterns of behaviour and there are a few people on twitter who really are very manipulative and unfortunately they all seem to have loads of followers and they do so much damage to people.

She’s an absolute embarrassment.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Oh my god those screenshots of her various “glowing feedback” (read: text from a barely literate lighting intern, text from frazzled assistant producer, email from one-off tiny festival booking, email from foodbank) are hardly a story of her suitability for screen success, are they? How absolutely mortifying that she thinks it’s some kind of “gotcha” moment to post that...

Also I don’t know why she thinks the mere act of writing fast is a good thing (and I speak here as an ADD-er who has just panic written 9000 words in two days because I’ve been faffing about on other projects for two weeks)?

1) She’s a horrible writer - her work is formless, verbose and she mis-uses words almost every piece she writes. Just because she uses 2000 words to say what 200 could doesn’t mean that her work is good quality.

2) Writing fast is so far from ideal. When I’m on my better game I write and re-draft and re-draft, and being able to take the time to check my sources and the thread of meaning is so much better than flinging something out [and makes me sad that I need to be medicated to achieve even half of what normal people can].

The fast writing is a coping mechanism to deal with the fear-based procrastination caused by ADHD, it is not a good thing that she’s having to employ it while supposedly medicated. There are some ADHD positives. Hyper focus? Maybe. Creative thinking? Certainly. But alas, the latter only applies to Jack’s grifting strategies and where she plagiarises her recipes from, rather than her own creations.

ETA - sorry, I do in fact recognise the irony of saying that she’s verbose while posting an absolute bleeping essay of my own...
I wanna be you when I grow up.

Love,

Brian Butterfield UC OA MD VOD PTSD

(ulcerative colitis, osteoarthritis, manic depressive, voice of doom, post traumatic stress disorder)

• Heart
Reactions: 58
You have to wonder why she constantly, constantly states how awful her 'fame' is, how 'stressful' it is being 'picked apart' every day, yet comes back every single day to throw a ton more personal info and opinion into the mix, and insert herself in conversations that were not involving her at all. It's not activism. It's just self obsession IMO

• Heart
I hope these threads live long enough for Jackie to start beef with a k pop icon, I daren’t describe that stanhood for fear of what they’re capable of. Nicki Minaj’s set a close second.

• Haha
I wanna be you when I grow up.

Love,

Brian Butterfield UC OA MD VOD PTSD

(ulcerative colitis, osteoarthritis, manic depressive, voice of doom, post traumatic stress disorder)
Dear Brian,

BOLD of you to assume that I am, in fact, a grown up.

Yours coolly,
Dr HarderFaster I-ADHD GA TP

(Inattentive ADHD, Generalised Anxiety, Toss Pot)

p.s. love this ❤

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
I'd just like to mention that I was so far behind on the last thread I thought I'd just read the last few pages instead...and then ended up going back through the whole thing anyway trying to find Nibbles and Loppy. I've now made myself incredibly behind on this thread too so, the story of my Tattle life continues (no one ask how the big Grunka is going, I'm still on thread 14 ffs)
Exactly the same thing has happened me on this thread, thought I could just catch up on the last few pages but there appears to have been a chaos involving someone called Sia 🤷‍♀️so I'm now investigating 🧐 and am currently about 20 pages behind!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Dear Brian,

BOLD of you to assume that I am, in fact, a grown up.

Yours coolly,
Dr HarderFaster I-ADHD GA TP

(Inattentive ADHD, Generalised Anxiety, Toss Pot)

p.s. love this ❤
Honestly, you always say what I'm thinking but in such an articulate, intelligent way that I am in no way capable of conveying myself.

Everyone that contributes to this thread just blows me away with their continual compassion, eloquence, knowledge and humanity.

I love you, Canal. Thanks for getting me through the tit show that is 2020 xxx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 67
Imagine living your life in this constant cycle of ego, denial, hypocrisy, lies and self loathing.

Reactions: 32
Anybody else would just do the talk and tailor it to kids that age. It's meant to be FOR their benefit. Talk about what it's like to be on tv. What it's like to write a book. What your 'job' as a recipe writer (or whatever she is) is like. But no, apparently she took the opportunity to tell whoever asked her to do it about what a terrible ordeal she's gone through. If she couldn't be arsed to do it, she could have politely declined.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
That "soup" looks so congealed and thick that you could stand a spoon up in it. Lovely passive aggressive digs too x
20201120_194305.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.