Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's like saying someone who has a disability but also robs a bank shouldn't be attested because ableism, innit. Like that's a very simplistic example for a very nuanced subject, but Jack has totally got the wrong stick over what is/isn't ableist.
My thoughts are that perhaps there was security issues) insurance stuff tied into the terms and cons of that festival and by staying outside the gig was in breach.

I very much doubt they wanted her to be in pain sometimes the red tape is so long that hoops so big that sometimes requests cannot be adhered too.

Again it's all very me me me...

Reactions: 23
E6B0BD12-D801-4253-ACBD-DA5001B61B8F.jpeg

‘Nasties’
‘Wobbles’
‘Floof’

ETA - I see Jack is petitioning her own thread titles again.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 82
Guess she's never worked with any of those people, then?

View attachment 317678
“Overwhelmingly brilliant feedback”? Er ... nope.
Encouraging words from kind colleagues who are desperate to prevent you sabotaging the whole show? (See DKR). That’s something very different indeed.
Jack, you are an idiot if you haven’t learned tell the difference by now.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I'm not a parent but imagine reading your kid's Twitter and she's basically shouting out that she sold herself rather than come to you for help.
I think my heart would shatter.
(I'm not judging either, you do whatever you have to do to get by, but her poor Mum)
My question is how come she was able to do sex work but had to quit the fire service because of childcare issues? She would have still needed childcare as a sex worker. Or does sex work fit elsewhere in her timeline (not during the poverty)? I'm just so confused.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 54
I would imagine that she sorely tests the patience of Carole and Rosemary and Natalia, what with her multiple chaoses, missed deadlines (any news on that poverty book?) - plus she’s not getting much work so she’s not exactly bringing in the money in for her agent.
Jack: what you mean is they INDULGE you, because they find you difficult and they are probably afraid of triggering yet another of your “wailing like a banshee” episodes.
I always imagine her agent like Joey's in 'Friends'..

• Haha
Reactions: 50
But. But!! If she’s had all this work recently, plus got her book royalties through.... why does she need to take people’s Warm Home payments? Why doesn’t she ever name and shame these dreadful companies that are so ableist and mean. If she’s happy to have a Twitter spat with JO, DW, Sia and whoever else, then name the producer. She’s such a liar!
Same goes for the "list" of sexual predators she has that only gets mentioned when the subject is trending on Twitter. She seems to have all this info that she only likes to allude to when the time is right, but never ever name any names or do anything of substance about. That's her choice I guess. Sorry to be insensitive on such serious subjects but I find it unacceptable.

• Wow
Reactions: 38
Hang on. Is she really trying to say that taking her to task for ripping off her Patreon and Kickstarter subscribers (“disorganisation” “forgetfulness”) is ableist???
She has a bleeping nerve.
She really does. She claims she's been diagnosed with ADHD and Autism so surely she'd take into account the issues those conditions cause her and have systems/support in place to help her manage her commitments. I could completely understand someone without a diagnosis arsing something up when pushed beyond what they could realistically do because they don't know it's a factor they need to plan for. A big part of managing any long term condition or disability is planning how to work round the various obstacles it places in your path and sorry but unless you're a child or have a condition that renders you completely incapable it's no excuse for being unable to fulfil your obligations. Clearly people run into issues when they have ignorant employers who won't make reasonable adjustments but Jack works for herself so doesn't have this excuse either. She is at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I query the B&B story too. If she genuinely had arthritis and joint issues, would refusing to let her sleep elsewhere not come under some kind of discriminatory thing?
Every festival I have ever worked at has asked if you have any access needs and done everything they could to accommodate them - for some, this was upgrading your pass to have a spot in the Disabled camping area, providing a posh tent with beds, free hot water, heating, etc, giving you your own private area on level ground, and generally making it possible for anybody to work/perform there. At one, because the weather was a bit tit, I was given the keys to one of the production huts because it had heating and they brought along camp beds and snacks. What was more, because it wasn't an area with one allocated already, they provided a night time security guard to stand outside the door from 11pm to 7am.

What they don't do, though, is hand over another free ticket for a 'friend' and arrange for you to be chauffeured to and from a hotel that is probably several miles away from the fields where the festival is. Even the majority of actual headliners don't get that sort of treatment - because getting on and off site is damn near impossible during the day and most sites are locked overnight to protect the people staying there, so having somebody offsite would mean that they probably won't get back in time for the slot. Especially as part of the health and safety plans is that no further vehicles are allowed on site after the set arrival time due to the risk vehicles posed to thousands of pedestrians, leaving the area safe for everybody. It's just not safe to have cars going round fields and footpaths, especially when it's nighttime.

I did feel a little shellshocked at one festival where my next door neighbour was somebody who had sold hundreds of millions of records, though - he would fire up the woodburner in his Vardo at 5am so that he could bring around mugs of coffee and bacon rolls before the stalls opened.

Quite frankly, if people worth millions can manage to stay on site rather than demand hotels, some random woman from Southend isn't going to get the sort of treatment reserved solely for a particular level of superstar in the most prestigious/well known ones - she's not exactly Mariah Carey or Shirley bleeping Bassey, after all.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
“Overwhelmingly brilliant feedback”? Er ... nope.
Encouraging words from kind colleagues who are desperate to prevent you sabotaging the whole show? (See DKR). That’s something very different indeed.
Jack, you are an idiot if you haven’t learned tell the difference by now.
It's interesting, too, that she so values the apparent encouragement from those she considers nothing more than 'identikit round holes' in some undisclosed machine. One can only assume that the overwhelmingly brilliant feedback only goes one way, then.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I imagine if you wanted a quiet day to get on with your work, you wouldn't wade into a conversation nobody needed your tuppence on when you have 285k followers and the person you're talking about has 3 million. But what do I know

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Oh God this is beyond pathetic!!!

Agree that this pile on to Sia is because someone told her someone else said she was 'difficult'. My money is it was the DKL.
Again with my conspiracy hat on... yer man she did the filming with yesterday, or someone on the crew (who I'm guessing did DKL or at least know of 'producers' on DKL) sent one of those above texts(or indeed another text/call) saying something like 'we really love you because you are the bestest cooking person in the whole wide world and those evil trolls at DKL don't know what they're talking about because you're not 'difficult'at all'
Or something like that.
She then stomps round her lovely house crappy bungalow in temper. She can't rage because it would jeopardise future work (🤣🤣) so she Narc rages and moves furniture round.
Sounds ridiculous but my Narc Mother used to do the same. If something set her off she'd 'move bedrooms around' which actually meant she would thtow out my belongings, especially anything important to me. Posters on the wall and photobooth pics of me and my pals were her favourite thing because she could justify it as tidying.
This is also behind the Sia pile on. Same happened with DW.
When the Narc can't rage their anger where they want they find something else to channel their energy.

Sorry for the rant but she is just so reminiscent of my mother. I hope the boy isn't there tonight.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
as if sia would actually see her tweet in amongst all the notifications she must be getting today!

jack really thinks she's *that* important! 🤣

is there even any evidence of sia's fans coming for jack? a quick scroll suggests no

• Haha
Reactions: 36
The producer is obv the DKL producer. There's a reason that she's the only person from that bin fire of a show not to appear on Saturday Kitchen.
I agree. She made it very hard work to watch (especially when you compare it to Saturday Kitchen which is all laid back and affable), so it’s pretty clear that the producers won’t exactly have relished the experience.

Reactions: 28
How did she go from flying high to having an absolute meltdown over a sia tweet in one day?

What’s the betting she’s been dumped from a telly job or something? Or BB has dumped her again.
Trying to get attention back from the sheep, obviously!

Jack, I see your tantrum and raise you...

20200430_104503.jpg

(Not one of mine this time, a friend has a farm with 800 ewes and I went and helped out over lambing this year!)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 123
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.