Jack Monroe #107 The writing’s on the wallpaper

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The intro to that Three Tin Tender recipe is so bleeping annoying.

You originally called it Sticky Barbecue Beef? Literally no-one gives a duck?

My curiosity would love to make this, but I refuse to waste food.

Reactions: 25
What annoys me is that she could actually make a decent meal from a tin of stewed steak and it would probably be cheaper. Eg don't rinse the gravy, bulk it up with a bit more Bisto if you need to, put it in a baking dish and cover with some puff pastry. Instant steak pie! If you were feeling FANCY you could add some tinned carrots or whatever. But that sounds like something people might actually want to eat which isn't Jack's USP at all, as we know.
ETA Oh I'm too slow, @Lumpyspaceprincess has the same idea.
Or show people how to bulk it out to make a stew? Give a basic, cheap dumpling recipe? At the very least offer ideas for what it could be served with 🤷.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Some Friday (grated corn) beef incoming... she’s kicking off at Sia on Twitter.
The AUDACITY of saying she’s not tagging her in because she can’t cope with the pile on from Sia’s fans. This, from the woman who unashamedly refers to her own moronic stans as “flying monkeys”. Sweet Jesus.

And you were never a sex worker, Jack, you just decided to do a big reveal that you were when the “sex work is work” movement became trendy on Twitter in about 2018 (ironically the year the very popular “Revolting Prostitutes” book was published although I’m sure that has nothing to do with it 🤔).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Jack - you really need to start being honest, if only with yourself. There has been no rooting, or mulling, you simply have had no incoming TV interest.

1605868814573.png

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 55
Brown again 😩.
Rinsed tinned beef, cheap coke and tomatoes boiled up in a pan. Sounds delightful.
I'm all for cooking on a budget and bring frugal because lots of us are having to face tough financial stuff right now... however I don't think being poor/on a budget/frugual deserves a person or families being deprived of essential nutrients, minerals, vitamins, and essential dietary needs which are vital for us all to be healthy and strong!
Like I've said before, you don't have to eat tit just because your on a low budget. For example we had a delicious slow cooked stew last night, full of root vegetables, flavoured with gravy and some bread on the side. Root veg pack £1.00 for 1 turnip/3 carrots/1 parsnip/2 onions. We added some new potatoes £0.70p and only used half the bag. We made the bread from the quickest most basic recipe we have. And the gravy granules came from a huge tub in the 'store' cupboard. So although an initial investment was made months ago in flour, yeast, gravy etc.... We spent under £2 creating a meal and it fed 4 of us!

** WAIT! Yes, it was brown 😂 BUT was far more nutrient dense than her brown stuff**

Also! Sometimes we might add a bag of kale/broccoli etc on the side BUT again that comes in at under £1!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
The follow-up Tweets to the Sia call-out are all about Tattle! I'm getting whiplash at how quickly she's made this about her

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 68
The AUDACITY of saying she’s not tagging her in because she can’t cope with the pile on from Sia’s fans. This, from the woman who unashamedly refers to her own moronic stans as “flying monkeys”. Sweet Jesus.

And you were never a sex worker, Jack, you just decided to do a big reveal that you were when the “sex work is work” movement became trendy on Twitter in about 2018 (ironically the year the very popular “Revolting Prostitutes” book was published although I’m sure that has nothing to do with it 🤔).
Omg I know that I’m a harderfaster stan account but seriously YES! As if she wouldn’t have had that in the origins story from day dot if it was true? It’s a convenient bolt on!

Mancbee and the 3p cola made me hoot, because there are so many of us in recovery at the post court date soirée can we have JM’s bush tucker challenges instead of drinking games?

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Untitled 2.png

Actually no. Most of the criticism is about your lies, pretending to be poor and taking money from people who are actually poor.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 133
What annoys me is that she could actually make a decent meal from a tin of stewed steak and it would probably be cheaper. Eg don't rinse the gravy, bulk it up with a bit more Bisto if you need to, put it in a baking dish and cover with some puff pastry. Instant steak pie! If you were feeling FANCY you could add some tinned carrots or whatever. But that sounds like something people might actually want to eat which isn't Jack's USP at all, as we know.
ETA Oh I'm too slow, @Lumpyspaceprincess has the same idea.
Ah but Jack's recipe is just clickbait. If she put up a recipe for a steak pie or beef stew it would only get clicks for people looking for that particular recipe but throw in a can of coke and you add a few WTF shares to the total.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Jack - you really need to start being honest, if only with yourself. There has been no rooting, or mulling, you simply have had no incoming TV interest.

View attachment 317474
She’s a cheeky bleep

Ableist bleeping bullshit? What ailment makes you thieve from vulnerable people & co opt identities you’ve got no business in to make a little guardian cash? duck off

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 106
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.