Jack Monroe #103 Take her as she is or leave her be

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s such a fuckwit, she just can’t write anything at all that doesn’t involve placing herself right in the middle of the narrative. It’s been said so many times before but is worth repeating, it’s just incredible that such a dull and talentless hack is still to this day churning out the same shite in a once-respected national newspaper.
It shows how little the guardian gives a tit about representation, intersectionality and actually giving a voice to those outside of the liberal elite. Makes me sick tbh!

#peripatetic
#irreverent

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Can I just clarify - because even as a fellow (actually diagnosed) ADD-er I can’t quite believe how flaky she is - that this attempt at letdown larder lasted four days, which she was late for one of? FOUR DAYS?

Commitment-phobia at its finest.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Self praise is no recommendation. She never fails to provide a perfect example of why that is.
She reminds me of Mrs Elton in Emma (paraphrasing)

'I'm very musical. I don't play of course but my FRIENDS say if I did I would be most talented'

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This article from 2018 has not aged well with the 20£ shop.

Every now and again, a minor celebrity or institution will announce that they are “challenging themselves” to “be poor for a day” in order to raise awareness of the plight of people living in poverty in the UK.

Who does that remind you of...?
First paragraph says move from a mouldy to a sofa to a mattress on the floor...the sofa not detailed in this retelling in 2014 🤔
722E4BC5-52BA-46B8-BD23-2BDAA1FB92AF.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
She reminds me of Mrs Elton in Emma (paraphrasing)

'I'm very musical. I don't play of course but my FRIENDS say if I did I would be most talented'
Or one of my favourite quotes from Pride and Prejudice, when Mr Bennett gets Mary to stop tormenting them with her piano playing by saying "That will do extremely well, child. You have delighted us long enough."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It shows how little the guardian gives a tit about representation, intersectionality and actually giving a voice to those outside of the liberal elite. Makes me sick tbh!
They lost their way when they left Manchester.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
They lost their way when they left Manchester.
They're about as diverse as a Billy Bragg concert. Guardian columists and writers are basically a cross sectional sample of the people who support New Labour. And wish Tony Blair hadn't declared war in Iraq not because its a war crime but because it made him lose votes. And with this in mind, all their political opinions are stuck in 2003.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I've not heard about BB the last few days have the fine back home?

Reactions: 15
Hi everyone. It is October 27th and boy oh boy she is particularly twatty today...
She's bullshitting that her water had been switched of when she was the poorest of the poor etc etc..
Some of you delightful Coven pointed out this is illegal never bleeping happened and it reminded me of something else she drones on about poverty...
She has said that the fear of the council knocking on the door for arreas of Council Tax gave her ptsd yadda yadda yadd ..
Um, the Council don't knock for CT payments Jack. They write letters/emails. If you repeatedly avoid paying them they will take it out of your wages which they get info from HMRC. Um, unless you don't pay tax?
Granted it may get to civil court and you will be fined, but, from bitter experience, this is the last thing they want to do. It costs too much money and it isn't worth their time.
Someone who has earned as much money as Jack this year has ZERO probability of a knock on the door ftom bailiffs due to CT not being paid.
FFS...

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38

New thread! Where we can discuss the latest eggscapades of Jack Monroe (repost if necessary darling Silv)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.