Jack Monroe #101 The bubble bursts

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh just shut your bleeping face hole for a minute Jack, please!! Just shut up.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Couldn't afford a block of butter a few weeks ago & was happy to take accept donations scraped from the meagre heating allowance of pensioners too.
Suddenly, it's all ADSA who? Sorry, we don't know her.
(...she's bleeping loving this lockdown isn't she?)

It's a whole, THEN/NOW situation but I don't know exactly when the butter crisis actually was...it could be 2weeks, could be a month & it might have been yesterday, but definitely never happened.

I feel like I'm on Willy Wonkas trippy, mindbending boat thing & I'M SO CONFUSED😩
🎶 Come with me and you’ll be in a world of pure bollocks imagination 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
Her going on about a poorly finger has reminded me of what my Grandma used to say to get out of doing something she didn't want to do. She would say "I can't do that, I've got a bone in my leg". It was years before I cottoned on that it was a meaningless excuse. I was a gullible child.

Jack's splinter in her finger is her equivalent to a bone in her leg. She didn't want to go shopping on her own, so had to make up a spurious excuse. How many of you Fraus have pulled a sickie 'cause you had a splinter? How many of you have sought out medical advice? How many have considered going to A&E? How many of you stopped doing daily chores because you had a splinter? It is ridiculous when you hear it like that.
Yes quite. For most of us a splinter* is a mild irritant taking up - at a push - 0.01% of our daily attention which you probably don't even bother to mention to anyone else. For Jack it counts as a day's work and wholly absorbing.
(*Pretending this splinter actually exists).

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Frauen, help me out. I have been eyeing up that cannelini buerre blanc for ages, I can’t stop looking at it, it’s like a horrible scab, I don’t think I’ll ever settle until I’ve made it. So having said that, I have some really nice local greens - chard, kale, not much of any. I would usually cook these in good olive oil with chilli flakes, garlic and salt, then throw them into pasta with beans. However, I am thinking about cooking them separately tomorrow evening on the side of the pasta/bean thing.
Like this post for the buerre blanc, wow this post to say stop it you idiot.
I'd look up a proper recipe for buerre blanc, if it's the burnt butter sauce I'm thinking of as it should taste nutty which in theory would be nice combination but I would not trust her version

Reactions: 11

New thread! Mind the glass now!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Dunno about y'all but I'm exhausted. Jack hun can you please do a Twitter flounce for a day or two. It's been a while

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I don’t know what age Louisa is but I honestly struggle to believe that someone could be in their mid to late 30s and not cook the most basic meal. I left home for good at 27 having been away to uni a couple of times before that and I’m not suggesting I’m the best cook in the world but I can cook.

My brother went to uni at 17 and lived away from home and he’s a really good cook.

I just struggle to comprehend that someone of Louisas age can’t cook a basic meal

Absolute cobblers.
I don’t know what age Louisa is but I honestly struggle to believe that someone could be in their mid to late 30s and not cook the most basic meal. I left home for good at 27 having been away to uni a couple of times before that and I’m not suggesting I’m the best cook in the world but I can cook.

My brother went to uni at 17 and lived away from home and he’s a really good cook.

I just struggle to comprehend that someone of Louisas age can’t cook a basic meal

Absolute cobblers.
You've hit the nail on the head there Frau!
This is all absolute cobblers!

It's nothing to do with cooking & all about control.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.