Jack Grealish #89 Jack is back in England camp, all the new content is making us damp.

FAVE FOOTIE BANGER

• Vindaloo

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Three Lions

Votes: 23 32.4%
  • World in Motion

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • All Together Now

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • We're on the Ball

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Waka Waka

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • Carnival de Paris

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Sweet Carrot Lime

Votes: 10 14.1%
  • Hayya Hayya (Better Together) Qatar football song WHY WOULD U VOTE FOR THIS

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
WELCOME to a brand spanking new thread full of delicious England content.

Shout out for @Starttheline and her ruined kecks for the new title.

Our WC themed poll today is favourite footie banger where we pay homage to the beautiful melodies that the beautiful game has produced over the years.

FAT LES - VINDALOO

A personal fave anthem of @333149O and can be counted on to get everyone going. C3PO has detailed knowledge of this video and watch out for the celeb cameos incl. David Walliams who we inexplicably fancied in 2003. Thank god our standards have raised since then. I was also shook that Fat Les is a tiny grey bloke.

BADDIEL AND SKINNER AND THE LIGHTENING SEEDS - THREE LIONS 96/98

sorry they are mashed together became i couldnt tell the video thumbnails appart and time is of the essence here.
This fuckin GETS ME. Once cried to this on the coach on a school trip to Canterbury Cathedral 5 years after the event. It is a hymn, a worship song. The pathos, the bathos. Stunning. A work of art.

NEW ORDER - WORLD IN MOTION

A song by a real and actual sensible band. Manages to keep their essence whilst appealing to footie madness, quite a feat.
Shout out to my Ma's fave toilet buddy Gazza in the video.

THE FARM - ALL TOGETHER NOW

There's war imagery, it's metaphor laden, really tugs on the old heartstrings whilst sounding motivational and I can imagine if you were 6 beers down at the Hen and Chickens in November this would do you in.

ANT AND DEC/PJ AND DUNCAN - WE'RE ON THE BALL

Why they didn't release this under PJ and Duncan we will never know. 2002 World Cup anthem. Juvenile but sweet all the same. I work for the NME now.

NO MORE MEDIA ALLOWED WTF you'll have to sing it to yourselves lads sorry

SHAKIRA - WAKA WAKA

The pressure's on, you feel it
But you got it all, believe it
When you fall get up, oh, oh
And if you fall get up, eh, eh
Tsamina mina zangalewa 'cause this is Africa

An anthem for bae when he inevitably gets kicked around the pitch. Wish it was still time for Africa, what a vibe.

DARIO G - CARNIVAL DE PARIS

Straight up fire. Inspired years of belting. Anthemic, life affirming.

NEIL DIAMOND - SWEET CAROLINE (CARROT LIME)

If, like me, Neil Diamond was revered like a deity in your household because he was the JG of your Ma's heart, this will have been haunting your sleep for years before footie fans got hold of it. Neil is a poet, a genius, he blessed the world with this joyus song.

Lyrics also representative of seeing bae come on the pitch during the Euros:

Where it began, I can't begin to knowing
But then I know it's growing strong
Was in the spring
And spring became the summer
Who'd have believed you'd come along

1668503471826.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
thanks for the thread and shoutout @jumpmoon I am forever in love with u.
was torn between vindaloo and 3 lions. they're both my fav

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just voted, was about to press 3 lions when I seen the banger that is we're on the ball was included, bravo, used to blast this and the Spice Girls one

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I voted Carnival de Paris and thought I’d be the only one but glad to see there’s another vote on it too!

Honorable mention to 3 Lions and Vindaloo though (never realised DW was in the video?!)

Jack looked very cute in the arrivals video (turning up with only 5 mins to spare though!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Carnival de Paris, I distinctly remember vibing to this during France 98

Also big fan of We're On The Ball and Vindaloo

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I voted Carnival de Paris and thought I’d be the only one but glad to see there’s another vote on it too!
meee, it gives me chills and reminds me of whatever tournament it was when it came out, and i like how the different sections of the song are different nations lol it's like a grown up's i am the music man

3 lions is very a close second

my actual possible favourite is RICKY MARTIN LA COPA DE LA VIDA it makes me wanna dance and shout all day and night long 🎉

anyway i've not been v into the wc so far but listening to these is awakening my inner hooligan so thank u @jumpmoon

this says it mentions me but it doesn't so i dunno if nip pics just automatically work as mentions for me now?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
meee, it gives me chills and reminds me of whatever tournament it was when it came out, and i like how the different sections of the song are different nations lol it's like a grown up's i am the music man

my actual possible favourite is RICKY MARTIN LA COPA DE LA VIDA it makes me wanna dance and shout all day and night long 🎉

anyway i've not been v into the wc so far but listening to these is awakening my inner hooligan so thank u @jumpmoon
Omg I listen to Copa de la Vida all the time, I didn't think anyone else would appreciate

HERE WE GO OLE OLE OLE this is my yob song

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
i have to go with sweet caroline because of the euros last year 🥹🥹🥹🥹

it won’t be the sameeeeee it made such a difference it being in the uk and end of covid

• Heart
Reactions: 6
He looks so fit on this one, I had to zoom in to get rid of Dec.

Glad they’re flying today as I have a poorly babe at home so no time for thirsting.

FEC2B031-A707-47AC-95DE-97F58B316BB4.png

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Three lions brings back memories for me, but also a big fan of vindaloo and we're on the ball.

• Heart

this says it mentions me but it doesn't so i dunno if nip pics just automatically work as mentions for me now?
It’s there but v small and possibly not visible to the naked eye. It was just a little sad, pathetic shout out because I never know if people want to be @‘d, but then you were already back by the time I posted it 🤣

I voted for 3 Lions but would also like to vote for World in Motion and Waka Waka. If no one else votes for Waka Waka I might have to change my vote.

• Heart
My Jack tax is a random collection of my favourite photos. Something for everyone here.

gettyimages-1437491022-2048x2048.jpg
AA0EEC52-AF13-4CDE-AF71-06CC4FDE9B1A.jpeg.jpg
Screenshot_20220911-215414_Instagram.jpg
_107162261_cpjg.jpg
1662402302285.jpeg.jpg
AA25FAA8-EC73-49E0-8AD0-E4619CD8941D.jpeg.jpg
4TCUMWZzqLmuTQ2BUqASQQ.jpg
Screenshot_20220808-125423_Instagram.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.