J. K. Rowling

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did anyone else used to like her but now have no time for her? She's not doing herself any favours by getting into Twitter spats and often comes across trying to hard SJW and looking ill informed. Just trying to score points.

I'm sure she does do good loads of stuff with charities as she's known as a generous billionaire. She seems to think people are thick and can't see through her virtue signalling.

I've got a friend that grew up in the same town as her and in her autobiography she lied and said she grew up in the far posher town next door.

Reactions: 19
I think Harry Potter really inspired a lot of people and was so imaginative. However yes, on Twitter she does seem to get involved in spats a lot.

Reactions: 6
Yeah I loved harry potter, it's just a shame she has become a role model and she could be spending her time being far more productive.

I've got no time for her faux feminism or her trying to tell people how woke she is.

So many people should just give up twitter and do other things instead.

Reactions: 4
I never thought I'd say this, but I think she's milking the Harry Potter franchise too much now. Of course, I'm a total hypocrite because I still spend money on it all, but she's creating so many new side stories about the whole thing, it's getting a little tiresome. I'm only engaging in Fantastic Beasts because I don't want to miss out on any new nuggets of information. The storyline for Cursed Child was awful (I know she didn't write it, but she did contribute). It was poorly written, cringy fan fictions.

Reactions: 20
I used to love her - she was a big hero of mine growing up, but after she defended Johnny Depp I was done with her. I just don't understand how she could openly talk about the own abuse she suffered and then go and cast an (alleged) abuser after fans were telling her how it made them feel. He's not even a good actor these days.

Reactions: 8
I love Harry Potter, Rowling? Not really interested in her..

But thinking of books, I've realised Enid Blyton, Roald Dahl are the ones I grew up with.

Wonder if Rowling will ever come up with another good story other than HP related

If she wasn’t JK Rowing she would be classed as a troll on Twitter for sure.
I don’t like her.
She seems to channel her inner Katie Hopkins too many times.
I like her work, Harry Potter speaks for itself.
But she’s now making herself an embarrassment and almost being disrespectful to the series the way she’s going on.
And amount of times she’s tried to draaaaaag out the series, fame and money earning potential from it.

I’m sure she’s a nice enough woman but her online personality doesn’t reflect that.

I swear you are the same person as me, FamHam :D

I loved the Harry Potter books & later the films (mostly for the musical scores) and when I found JK on twitter I thought I'd hit the jackpot of tweets.
Until I realized she is a horrendous bore who's opinionated about absolutely everything and doesn't do her homework properly about much of the topics. I had to stop following her pretty rapid. It was a real disappointment. Same with steven fry, twitter absolutely ruined him.

Unfortunately there seems to be a really dark side to Jo, don't really want to discuss it as it will sound far fetched, but do not listen to her advice, she doesn't have people's best interests at heart.

I’m interested in your theory @KawaiiAF I get a bad, aggressive feeling from her myself. I completely agree she’s a talented writer when it comes to the HP series, but nothing after that.
I get a really dark troubled vibe from her, just my opinion mind!

Reactions: 2
I swear you are the same person as me, FamHam
Gosh I wish my posts were as detailed and cohesive as yours! :D

I'm interested in your theory, I think something is up but can't put my finger on it.

Just post it and disclaim it as a wild conspiracy theory, the truth is often somewhere in between conspiracy theories!

Yes, recently I have been thinking of her as just looking for arguments and hovering on the edge of doing something positive but then pullling back.

Reactions: 1
I'm interested in what you mean about her darkside too Kawaii. I don't really do twitter but have seen some of her tweets in the past and she did seem quite feisty and ready to pull people up.

Apparently of all philanthropic billionaires who give large amounts away publicly ala Bill Gates she is the only one to have actually made a real dent in her fortune and lost
Money overall. So if that’s true i give her kudos for that.

I agree all the back tracking inclusivity is irritating as is the endless spinning out of the franchises - fantastic beasts and that travesty of a play (admittedly I only read it - and would still love to see the show, I’m sure it’s a lot of fun. But the writing is just bad.)

And I’m a huge fan- of the books mainly. So I do get that thing of wanting to watch the new films just to learn more about the world.
But I was perfectly content with pottermore for that kind of thing.

Reactions: 1
I remember a while back, Rowling retweeted a little girl caught in the Syrian war zone (with mum and brother)
That girl & family eventually got out but the circumstances to me were all very weird

I wonder how she always finds controversial things on Twitter.

Though @KawaiiAF what's your theory?

Gosh I wish my posts were as detailed and cohesive as yours! :D

I'm interested in your theory, I think something is up but can't put my finger on it.

Just post it and disclaim it as a wild conspiracy theory, the truth is often somewhere in between conspiracy theories!
:D aw thanks! I wish I was concise and to the point as you, I'm way too waffly! It's what comes from late nights not being able to sleep & codeine LOL! I write needless essays! :geek: At least I do feel better after though lol!

Ugh it's just the worst about Jk, I don't even know where to begin. Her books are full of symbolism that's just not nice, and apparently she's in some sort of cult. It's all very dark. There's even the symbolims painted on the walls in the great hall, I went on the tour and was staggered. Even the deathly hallows symbolism isn't good. I don't trust her at all now.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Did anyone else used to like her but now have no time for her? She's not doing herself any favours by getting into Twitter spats and often comes across trying to hard SJW and looking ill informed. Just trying to score points.

I'm sure she does do good loads of stuff with charities as she's known as a generous billionaire. She seems to think people are thick and can't see through her virtue signalling.

I've got a friend that grew up in the same town as her and in her autobiography she lied and said she grew up in the far posher town next door.
I know where she lives...lovely area, lovely house. Bought a hospital unit, gave 10 Million pounds to help.

I feel like this is a classic case of look at what people do, not what they say. Shes genuinely philanthropic, created a big part of my childhood (and my daughters now) etc. I dont really care what she says on Twitter. Its just Twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I feel like this is a classic case of look at what people do, not what they say. Shes genuinely philanthropic, created a big part of my childhood (and my daughters now) etc. I dont really care what she says on Twitter. Its just Twitter.
Yes I think it bares repeating the fact that she fell down the rich list because of how much money she gave away. We all know billionaires give money to charity but I’ve never heard of anyone else having their earnings impacted by it.

Yes I think it bares repeating the fact that she fell down the rich list because of how much money she gave away. We all know billionaires give money to charity but I’ve never heard of anyone else having their earnings impacted by it.
I’m sure she’s still living comfortable. No human being needs a billion pounds

I’m like everyone else, love Harry Potter, dislike her twitter and think she’s now milking it. Didn’t she say after Harry Potter that was it and there wouldn’t be anything else in the franchise or did I make that up? Then she got bored and the play and Fantastic Beasts came along

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.