J.K. Rowling #5 JK and the (Dis)order of the TRAs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't really get why a trans woman would want to compete in a female sporting event, like Lia Thompson, the swimmer.

Where's the achievement? There is none. If you were a trans person, wouldn't you think, ok, I either compete in the male category, as that is my biological reality, or I accept that this sport isn't part of my lifestyle and goals anymore.

I just don't get how you wouldn't be absolutely bleeping mortified standing on a podium in first place, surrounded by biological females whose dreams you have just destroyed?

Reactions: 28
I don't really get why a trans woman would want to compete in a female sporting event, like Lia Thompson, the swimmer.

Where's the achievement? There is none. If you were a trans person, wouldn't you think, ok, I either compete in the male category, as that is my biological reality, or I accept that this sport isn't part of my lifestyle and goals anymore.

I just don't get how you wouldn't be absolutely bleeping mortified standing on a podium in first place, surrounded by biological females whose dreams you have just destroyed?
That's the problem with those like Lia Thompson, they just do not care, they can't get anywhere in the males so they decide to go to the woman's to get that feeling of winning even though it's not been a fair playing field, it's like adults who will beat kids then gloat that they were better, they have 0 shame

Id love to see just how fast they all pulled out of sports if the organisation decided you know what there's such a huge trans community now so let's do a trans section, bet it would go down in numbers real damn quick then

• Heart
Reactions: 21
When I looked on twitter I didn't see much in the way of woke/TRA/blue hairs actually defending Lia. Do even they have the awareness to see how indefensible it all is?

Reactions: 7

Male entitlement.

Reactions: 12
I’d hazard a guess that Lia Thomas showed no inclination or indication of being ‘trans’ until he discovered it would be a good way of ‘winning’ in a sport he was previously mediocre at.

Reactions: 15
This is my final post in this thread. But I just want to sign off by saying I find it ironic that many posters here are berating people for being unable to see anybody else’s point of view but their own as that is exactly the way some of those same posters behave themselves.

A little more trying to see both sides goes a long way to solving most problems. And, while I agree with much of what JK Rowling says, I feel that now she too is falling victim to tunnel vision on the issue.

I firmly believe there there is unhelpful extremism, unfairness and silliness on both sides of the debate and, from my brief foray into this thread, I feel more pessimistic than ever that any kind of resolution will be found.

I’m a straight woman and I fully understand than a vocal minority of transwomen are not doing their situation any favours. But I also believe that there are many transwomen who genuinely do identify as women and really don’t deserve to be equated with rapists and abusers.
I dont really think its JK Rowling who is falling victim to tunnel vision though. Trans issues arent actually the only issue she talks about, she is also still writing other books, and involved in further Hogwarts films....isnt there a new one out with Dumbledore happily coming out as Gay in it? Its Fantastic Beasts 3. The Secrets of Dumbledore.

Let alone the whole Strike TV series and new books!

Sadly because she is one of the few people willing and with the platform to say anything....maybe yes she is being used to promote a certain level of tunnel vision.....from both sides....who have stopped reading or refering to all the actual facts.

However.... if you accept that a resolution to the issue of transgenderism is unlikely and difficult to find.... maybe you should also be able to realise why some people become so defensive! Some Women are feeling massively threatened........, as well as having to face abuse and dismissal from work and careers and police harrassment, just for their (legitmate) gender beliefs. so maybe these feelings also need to be addressed, as well as those of transgender individuals!

Reactions: 10

I think with Liar you have two very strong urges, the sportsman's urge to win at any cost, and a bleeping narcissistic personality. Liar cares not one jot, proven by not only smirking away after winning, but walking round in the women's changing room with a full on boner because of the thrill of beating those girls. Those girls are twice abused. Three times abused if you count the fact they have been told they will lose their places if they speak out. Thankfully the word is seeing it now. Bit by bit the world will wake up to the lies these people tell.

Reactions: 15
I think with Liar you have two very strong urges, the sportsman's urge to win at any cost, and a bleeping narcissistic personality. Liar cares not one jot, proven by not only smirking away after winning, but walking round in the women's changing room with a full on boner because of the thrill of beating those girls. Those girls are twice abused. Three times abused if you count the fact they have been told they will lose their places if they speak out. Thankfully the word is seeing it now. Bit by bit the world will wake up to the lies these people tell.
It’s not even a believable lie or one that makes any sense. Transgenderism, outside of our own concept of the term, doesn’t exist. Men can’t turn into women and women can’t turn into men, even with surgery, and even if they go down a legal route to “change” sex, it’s still a fallacy that bears no basis in reality. Because humans. Can’t. Change. Sex. Ever.

And CERTAINLY can’t just on their own say-so

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Reading a thread about the new Hogwarts game on what must be the biggest gaming forum in the UK and it's just filled with men talking about what a monster JK is and how buying this game equates to funding hatred. Some poor sod said the game looks great and he looks forward to playing it and was met with this.

Not meaning to single you out specifically , but I wanted to use your post to make a point.

JK Rowling's toxic views have tainted this game so much that posts like this are hard to take at face value, without attempting to figure out whether:

1. You don't want to think about trans people at all, and are turning a blind eye to the issues
  2. You agree with JK Rowling's views
  3. You actively dislike trans people

It's tough, isn't it, to separate that baggage from people who just like Harry Potter. And this is why JK Rowling is such a hateful hole. Because not only has she ruined HP for millions of people, but she has now made 'liking HP' a wolf whistle for trans-exclusionary politics.

And that's completely fucked.

It is going to cause untold drama across the internet in gaming circles, and I don't see how it doesn't end up badly for transgender people, as the backlash to the backlash will be even worse. It's just a really bleeping grim situation.
It's all really quite sinister.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I'll start a new thread

J.K. Rowling #6 JK and the Half-Baked TRAs

New thread started - but it wouldn't accept tags for some reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
New thread and I don't think the spacing was right for the tag to be automatically filled in. Fixed it

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.