J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to quite like Jedward, as they were harmless entertainment and very funny, although they got boring years ago. One thing I liked was that they were always apolitical, and refused to publically take sides on anything, unlike most celebs who think their opinions are so important. That was one thing I massively respected, along with truly keeping their private lives private.

This all changed around the BLM stuff last year. They were very involved in the protests as they were stuck in America at the time. But the biggest change was when they got tons of engagement after hypocritically complaining about anti-lockdown protests in Ireland. Ever since then they have been tweeting their Very Important Opinions about absolutely everything. None of it nuanced or considered, all of it very woke.
They seem to love a bit of tweet and delete too, check out charming tweet. What is their aim in this? Do they actually know what they are supporting, have they any opinions on the male bodied prisoners housed in the women's prison here in Ireland, or are they just "Be kind"ing themselves all over something they have no understanding of?

large-101825-jedward.jpg

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I honestly wish people would just ignore Jedward, they’re clearly fame hungry idiots whose 5 mins of fame are up and they’re desperate to be relevant in some way 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 25
They seem to love a bit of tweet and delete too, check out charming tweet. What is their aim in this? Do they actually know what they are supporting, have they any opinions on the male bodied prisoners housed in the women's prison here in Ireland, or are they just "Be kind"ing themselves all over something they have no understanding of?

View attachment 516833
Vile little shits!

They are getting away with misogyny because people still think of them as dumb teenagers, rather than the nearly 30 year old men they are now.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

View attachment 516833
Jedward are full of absolute tit and are nothing but irrelevant clout chasing pot stirrers. They were stirring the pot last night on twitter. Claiming they had a copy of 1Ds contact and we’re going to start talking about how awfully treated they (1D) were treated(as if most people didn’t already know this)
Only to start retweeting links to their old performances. Full of tit the pair of them.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I honestly wish people would just ignore Jedward, they’re clearly fame hungry idiots whose 5 mins of fame are up and they’re desperate to be relevant in some way 🙄
The worst thing is, it's working. Their 5 minutes had run out many years ago and they had quietly drifted away, but this has bought them right back into the public eye. They're finally getting respect and being taken seriously, which is something they've always wanted. Even if only from the woke crowd. But it just goes to show how having the correct opinions is enforced among celebrities, it can literally make or break your careers. Resurrecting the careers of a long-forgotten novelty act is a prime example.

Reactions: 9

View attachment 516833
ohhh clearly aimed at women - not like men aren't transphobes or anything..

Reactions: 8
I saw that on fb and there were several squealing ‘but you wuuuuined my childhood booohoooooo!!’
that's disappointing :( and also bizarre. why are so many adults upset about an author's opinions and why do they think this retroactively changes their childhood? especially when what she said was so reasonable and kind. they must still think they are children.

Reactions: 14
Despite daily vitriolic comments and death threats, JK has written another magical children's book! JK, bothered? I don't think so! 👑

Reactions: 22
I don’t know how she deals with suddenly being so reviled. Having people constantly say she’s an evil person and has literally killed trans people. It’s all well and good to turn the other cheek and ignore it, but it would honestly destroy me. I really hope she’s OK.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Complaint over panellist on Today FM's Last Word calling JK Rowling 'transphobic' upheld by BAI (Broadcast Authority of Ireland) - https://www.thejournal.ie/jk-rowling-bai-complaint-5409272-Apr2021/
In June last year, she was criticised by LGBT groups and others online after a series of tweets about gender terminology.

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), a US LGBT non-governmental organisation for media monitoring, said Rowling “continues to align herself with an ideology” distorting facts about gender identity.

Shame the article couldn't include a quote from LGB Ireland saying "nah, she's grand." Also it would be helpful if it said what 'facts' she 'distorted.'

Still good news though.

Reactions: 15
In June last year, she was criticised by LGBT groups and others online after a series of tweets about gender terminology.

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), a US LGBT non-governmental organisation for media monitoring, said Rowling “continues to align herself with an ideology” distorting facts about gender identity.

Shame the article couldn't include a quote from LGB Ireland saying "nah, she's grand." Also it would be helpful if it said what 'facts' she 'distorted.'

Still good news though.
It’s something at least, let’s hope more things likes this keep being challenged.

There are facts about gender identity?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.