J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry I can't remember who originally made this great suggestion for a title but many thanks.

Reactions: 12

Controversial 'virginity tests' sold by UK clinic

The tests involve a vaginal examination to check if the hymen is intact.
------

Oh look at that. They only work on female genitalia!
Christ. And we are supposed to be a first world country who at least somewhat respects women’s bodies. Surely everyone knows the Hymen being intact or not isn’t an indication of virginity by now, I got taught this when I was 11🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 26
Just seen someone on Twitter equating JKR's stance on gender to Orson Scott Card campaigning in favour of "Proposition 8" to ban same sex marriage in California, with thousands of likes and admiring comments. Wonder if that's another one for the long list of arguments like "if you were around in the 1980s you'd have been homophobes!"

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Just seen someone on Twitter equating JKR's stance on gender to Orson Scott Card campaigning in favour of "Proposition 8" to ban same sex marriage in California, with thousands of likes and admiring comments. Wonder if that's another one for the long list of arguments like "if you were around in the 1980s you'd have been homophobes!"
These arguments make no sense at all, I find it draining seeing people flogging such a dead horse.

Reactions: 16
It drives me mad when people compare it to opposing equal marriage or abortion rights "bodily autonomy". There's one Irish TRA who keeps trotting out the phrase "religious right"

• Sad
Reactions: 18
Apparently even showing Harry Potter themed stuff made by independent creators is not okay because it is a reminder of JK and could hurt people. They're obviously coming from a good place, and with concern for others. But also...seriously? The influencer in question has already denounced JK too.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Apparently even showing Harry Potter themed stuff made by independent creators is not okay because it is a reminder of JK and could hurt people. They're obviously coming from a good place, and with concern for others. But also...seriously? The influencer in question has already denounced JK too.
What happens next, will angry people slap Harry Potter books out of the hands of children? Will they confiscate Hogwarts houses scarfs off Harry Potter fans? Harry Potter fandom affiliation should not become a "dogwhistle" :sick: for "TERF" but it looks like they are trying to make it happen.

ETA: I'm half tempted to knit a Ravenclaw scarf this Christmas break to wear in defiance lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
This is all very interesting because there's loads of stuff on Etsy that has appropriated Rowling's IP to push the TRA agenda, e.g. stickers that say stuff like 'Dobby against TERFs'. But I guess when they want to use it for their own cause it's fine...

• Angry
Reactions: 21
This is all very interesting because there's loads of stuff on Etsy that has appropriated Rowling's IP to push the TRA agenda, e.g. stickers that say stuff like 'Dobby against TERFs'. But I guess when they want to use it for their own cause it's fine...
How pathetic 🙄
I realky wish that JK should stop these people merching off her work and denouncing her at the same time.

Reactions: 24
Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.