J.K. Rowling #4 JK and the Goblet of Ire

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sick to death of men telling women what we are 🥴

Oh for god’s sake, this argument about women who don’t have periods is such a straw man!

Noooobody said all women have periods. However, all people who have periods are women.

Transwomen are transwomen. Women who don’t have period are women.

I went off JVN and stopped watching Queer Eye when they made over a woman and insisted on having her in high heels, even though she was very resistant to them. JVN kept banging on about how she just didn’t know how to walk in them and then give her a tutorial. It left such a bad taste in my mouth - men telling women how they should dress in uncomfortable, fetished items still has the same misogynistic effect even if the men in question are gay.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I mean imagine saying that someone refusing to be called a menstruator is ‘spreading violence’ - how ridiculous.

Reactions: 10
men telling women how they should dress in uncomfortable, fetished items still has the same misogynistic effect even if the men in question are gay.
Reminds me of the male fashion designer - was it Oscar de la Renta? - who made some remark about heels making a woman walk like there's a man behind her. Clearly he meant "sexily", but women responded with stuff like "RUN".

Reactions: 10
How the duck can JVN, or indeed any man, think they have the right to tell us what women are? We don't go around telling men how to be men or how to act like men.

bleeping men. duck off.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
How the duck can JVN, or indeed any man, think they have the right to tell us what women are? We don't go around telling men how to be men or how to act like men.

bleeping men. duck off.
JVN is non-binary now so calling him a man is hate speech.:rolleyes:

Funny how he came out as NB when there was a lot of criticism about the show being called Queer Eye when they’re mostly cis white gays blah blah. bleeping hell, the whole thing is so boring! I don’t know how people sit on Twitter all day spouting this bollocks.

Reactions: 9
I have no problem anyone being transgender. I feel sorry for any trans people who just want to get on with their lives.It is a particular clique who seem to want the majority ( biological girls/ women ) to change everything to accommodate them , the minority. Which,lets face it, is a very male attitude

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.