J. K. Rowling #2 JK and the Chamber of Mysogyny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On one of the threads on this site, there was a discussion about a lesbian who wanted to transition to a man (she didn't in the end, just turned out to be attention seeking), this lesbians partner at the time said something like "I like women" and someone commented that that was an awful thing to say and why didnt they support her. I find this attitude astonishing, lesbians like women by definition.

If my partner decided he wanted to transition to a woman the relationship would be over. Likewise, there's no way in hell he would stick around if I wanted to transition to a man
Yes. There is a massive issue with intact male to female trans demanding lesbians have sex with them because they are now women. Never mind consent or attraction.

• Angry
Reactions: 8
Yes. There is a massive issue with intact male to female trans demanding lesbians have sex with them because they are now women. Never mind consent or attraction.
The gaslighting of lesbians is astonishing. Not only is the modern trans ideology extremely misogynistic, it's homophobic too

Reactions: 9
We're going to need a new thread in a minute - J. K. Rowling #3 JK and the Prisoner of Gender Stereotypes ?

Reactions: 13
I wouldn’t stick with my partner if he suddenly came out as trans either. And I wouldn’t enjoy having to explain it all to our daughters about how daddy is now mum or some such nonsense. Im not even sure how I’d broach that subject from a gender critical view point. Fortunately he gets it and is with me on all this. He wouldn’t stick around if I suddenly decided to start role playing as a man either and I’m not really that feminine to begin with. No body should feel obliged to stay and support their partners if they come out as trans. It’s not just something that affects the individual it’s a huge change for everyone close to them too.

Reading comments on Facebook posts about the new video game (they’ve made a point of staying JKR has no involvement in the new game🙄) and some of the comments are ridiculous. One saying that there are women who have XY chromosomes therefore JKR is wrong on all counts. As if there are droves of women walking around totally ignorant to the fact they have the incredibly rare Swyer Syndrome.

People should really stop being ignorant and throwing intersex people under the bus over this. They are not fodder to be used to prop up trans ideology. I know some people are genuinely ignorant and don’t see the issue with it but being intersex has nothing to do with gender identity. It’s about time that was made very clear.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
I'm a woman and I wouldn't be attracted to a trans-man, purely because I enjoy sex and want a man with fully functioning genitals thanks very much. I'm already happily married though, so fortunately for me none of this really affects me. If anyone has a problem with my stance, too bad - my life, my choice.
just like ouT of curiosity and nosiness...would a transman who is attracted to women mainly go out with straight women? Because a lesbian would like their women’s bits and the transman would be disphoric about them...just thinking out loud

Reactions: 1
A girl I used to work with was chatting to this guy online and they got on really well so they met up. Turns out the guy was not a guy at all but a woman who wanted to live as a man so they got together and her partner was going to begin the transition to a man. Not sure what happened as that was years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
The gaslighting of lesbians is astonishing. Not only is the modern trans ideology extremely misogynistic, it's homophobic too
It also promotes rape culture - the idea that the transperson is entitled to sex from whomever they want, and doesn’t have to disclose their trans status.

Often racist too. Comparing being trans to being Black, claiming Black women are a “subset” of women just as transwomen are. Absolutely abhorrent.

Reactions: 16
It also promotes rape culture - the idea that the transperson is entitled to sex from whomever they want, and doesn’t have to disclose their trans status.
This is the tone I am seeing in tweets on Twitter. The entitlement is scary. Noone owes anybody attraction. Ever.

Say you go on a blind date. You have been catfished or haven't exchanged pictures. You are a lesbian who is expecting to see a lesbian date. You get there and it's a trans MtF but they are quite visibly biologically male with the voice, build, but they wear clothes and hair and makeup like a woman. They tell you they are still intact, on their journey etc. The woman is then put on the back foot by then having to explain that they thought they were meeting a woman and they only like women. The transwoman is then offended/upset and calls the woman a transphobe. It's really unfair. I get every deserves to be loved but transpeople would need to consider other people's feelings too. I am sick of hearing about how transpeople think everyone else should concede their thoughts to theirs. Lesbians want to be with women. Gay guys want to be with men. Heteros want the opposite sex. Empowerment is one thing, freedom to be what you want is another thing, but accusing people of transphobia just for not fancying you....nope nope nope.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.