IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had my endometrial lining scan and I’m all booked in for frozen embryo transfer on Tuesday next week 🫣
Good luck my darling! So exciting!!!! (I know its nerve wrecking too but save the nerves for everybody else around you). YOU CAN DO THIS! 💪🏼💪🏼

That is typical of GPs for all conditions not just infertility, fob you off if you’re overweight. People who are overweight get pregnant every day of the week as do people with PCOS. It’s enrages me that it’s used as an excuse to get rid of you rather than be weight neutral and do the required testing. I would recommend saying something like “if I came in here as an average sized woman what tests would you refer me for and request they’re done anyway while you take care of improving your diet and exercise regime in the mean time”. Precious time is wasted waiting on proper treatment and when you’re fighting against your biological time is of the essence. I hope you get better news in the months to come as this is one of the most stressful thing you can go through.
I agree! Precious time has been wasted. I was 28 when I 1st ttc. I'm 35 now so I'm at that "AMH will drop and my ovaries will dry up like a prune" age according to "the books". 2 years was spent untouch because I have to ttc for 2 years for doctors to even touch me with a barge pole. I know PCOS isn't an excuse to be overweight but when your Gynaecologist would rather refer me to weight loss clinic for a gastric sleeve then give me fertility treatment it just shows how this wreaks havoc on women's mental health and body image. I'm no size 6 but I didn't think being a UK size 14 was classed as being eligible for weight loss surgery. But yes I am and I'm going through the process of that and my consultation for it is next month. Good old NHS (who I work for professionally) not willing to offer me fertility treatment but will cut my 75% of my stomach out for free! 👍🏻

My partners results came back abnormal. Abnormal sperm morphology. Doctor told him to get a second test done. Have a feeling it’s going to be a funny road from here.
Don't worry about that. You will probably have to go through ICSI process. My partner had low count abnormal morphology 1% of them were "moving" but none of them move forward. Went for ICSI treatment abroad and they managed to pick out decent enough ones to fertilise my eggs. Hopefully ICSI works for you. 🥰🥰🥰

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Yes, we are. Happy to answer any questions if I can!
Ahh fab! Which clinic are you? I’m based in North West and have looked at Create and Care so far. There’s so many to pick from and all the information is a bit overwhelming!

Reactions: 1
Ahh fab! Which clinic are you? I’m based in North West and have looked at Create and Care so far. There’s so many to pick from and all the information is a bit overwhelming!
Just going to jump on this one, we haven’t started treatment yet but had our consultation with ABC ivf. I would really recommend them if they have a clinic local to you. We joined one of their webinars and it was soo helpful and reassuring, this is what made us decide to go with them. Pretty affordable compared to my local clinics (in the south) They also do finance options as well if paying in full isn’t an option x

I’m in the North West too! I’m with Create. I think that Create and ABC are part of the same company as they share offices (in the clinics I’ve been to anyway) but they offer slightly different protocols. I think Create is more natural/mild IVF and ABC is more ‘proper IVF’.

Just going to jump on this one, we haven’t started treatment yet but had our consultation with ABC ivf. I would really recommend them if they have a clinic local to you. We joined one of their webinars and it was soo helpful and reassuring, this is what made us decide to go with them. Pretty affordable compared to my local clinics (in the south) They also do finance options as well if paying in full isn’t an option x
I will have a look at them thank you! Did you look at a couple before you decided? We’re going to save for a bit longer but it’s good to know they do finance if we need it!

I’m in the North West too! I’m with Create. I think that Create and ABC are part of the same company as they share offices (in the clinics I’ve been to anyway) but they offer slightly different protocols. I think Create is more natural/mild IVF and ABC is more ‘proper IVF’.
Have you found them to be ok so far? Yeah I like the more natural IVF idea!

I will have a look at them thank you! Did you look at a couple before you decided? We’re going to save for a bit longer but it’s good to know they do finance if we need it!
Yeah we looked at about 5 in total, including one that the NHS fertility team recommended for us. But ABC just seemed so much better, it sounds a bit weird but I just had a feeling that this one was right. The price difference for the recommended clinic compared to abc was £2500 more! So in the grand scheme of things that’s a big difference to us.

On the webinar although there were many other couples on there, when they answered our questions we felt like we were spoken to as humans rather than just customers paying for a service ☺

Edited to add - we require surgical sperm retrieval plus ivf & icsi. So there’s a lot of cost involved unfortunately so it’s a big factor for us, especially as all the medication etc is included in the all inclusive package with ABC compared to some clinics

Have you found them to be ok so far? Yeah I like the more natural IVF idea!
They’ve been great so far. They recommended a mild cycle for me as I have polycystic ovaries so I wasn’t injecting for very long but still ended up with OHSS. They were so lovely at my collection and kept me up to date with what was happening and how our embryos developed. I haven’t had my transfer yet so can’t comment on that but so far so good. It’s also good that you can use their Liverpool clinic as a satellite clinic for scans/bloods if it’s closer (which it is for me) and then just travel to Manchester for treatment.

There’s an ABC/Create support group on FB if you use it, which is quite helpful.

Reactions: 3
Yeah we looked at about 5 in total, including one that the NHS fertility team recommended for us. But ABC just seemed so much better, it sounds a bit weird but I just had a feeling that this one was right. The price difference for the recommended clinic compared to abc was £2500 more! So in the grand scheme of things that’s a big difference to us.

On the webinar although there were many other couples on there, when they answered our questions we felt like we were spoken to as humans rather than just customers paying for a service ☺

Edited to add - we require surgical sperm retrieval plus ivf & icsi. So there’s a lot of cost involved unfortunately so it’s a big factor for us, especially as all the medication etc is included in the all inclusive package with ABC compared to some clinics
I have a feeling we might need surgical sperm removal too when we reach this stage. Can I ask if you can request it or did they advise to use this procedure?

I have a feeling we might need surgical sperm removal too when we reach this stage. Can I ask if you can request it or did they advise to use this procedure?
We were advised that we needed this procedure based on my husbands test results.. I’m not sure about whether you can request it though, sorry if that’s not much help x

I went for my first gynaecology appt this morning. Bloods and ultrasound both had normal results and husbands semen test came back normal. I’ve got to go for a blood test on day 21 of my cycle for ovulation checks and she’s booking me in for my fallopian scan - I believe this is the one where they inject the dye?

She did suggest that taking folic acid /pregnacare is recommended when trying even though there’s no evidence pregnacare does help conceive specifically.
She also said hubby shouldn’t be having hot baths/showers and should wear only 100% cotton underwear as semen thrives in cold atmosphere.

I’ve just booked onto a webinar, thanks so much for your help! Did you not qualify through the NHS? The fertility doctor I spoke to told me she couldn’t help until my bmi is lower (currently losing weight) but we just feel that with everything going on with the nhs lately we would rather go private, but I didn’t realise how many clinics/choices there would be!

They’ve been great so far. They recommended a mild cycle for me as I have polycystic ovaries so I wasn’t injecting for very long but still ended up with OHSS. They were so lovely at my collection and kept me up to date with what was happening and how our embryos developed. I haven’t had my transfer yet so can’t comment on that but so far so good. It’s also good that you can use their Liverpool clinic as a satellite clinic for scans/bloods if it’s closer (which it is for me) and then just travel to Manchester for treatment.

There’s an ABC/Create support group on FB if you use it, which is quite helpful.
Thank you, I’ve joined the group! I have pcos as well, was that why you chose to go with create or were there other factors? Sorry for the questions I was looking at the fb group and a lot are saying it’s the same clinics/nurses but obviously create is more natural.. my husband prefers the price of abc 😂

I’ve just booked onto a webinar, thanks so much for your help! Did you not qualify through the NHS? The fertility doctor I spoke to told me she couldn’t help until my bmi is lower (currently losing weight) but we just feel that with everything going on with the nhs lately we would rather go private, but I didn’t realise how many clinics/choices there would be!

Thank you, I’ve joined the group! I have pcos as well, was that why you chose to go with create or were there other factors? Sorry for the questions I was looking at the fb group and a lot are saying it’s the same clinics/nurses but obviously create is more natural.. my husband prefers the price of abc 😂
We didn’t qualify due to my husband having children from a previous relationship, this had led previously to me having MANY emotional strops about it not being fair I am ashamed to admit 🤦🏽‍♀️
I think abc has a minimum requirement for bmi to be under 30 for treatment, but can be under 32 for initial consultation, whereas (I think) the nhs is under 25 x

I don’t actually have PCOS, just polycystic ovaries which is different apparently 😂 I didn’t realise I did until I had my initial consultation with Create and it was picked up on my scan/blood work so the NHS had totally missed it!

We decided on them as went to a Create webinar and really liked the sound of mild IVF and a short protocol. We’d hoped it would get us there faster and it didn’t quite work out like that, but I didn’t have to go through down-regging and weeks of injections so that sold us really.

Hi girls/guys just had my first gynaecology app this morning and all was good for me had bloods and internal scan all is fine but my partner has severely low sperm count I am 28 he is 29 and we are devastated.. I need to loose 1.5 stone to meet the BMI requirements and he has to quit smoking, we are being referred to nine wells hospital in Dundee, only thing I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship I take it this will stop me getting funding from the NHS? Has anyone else ever had a positive outcome with a severely low count?

Hi girls/guys just had my first gynaecology app this morning and all was good for me had bloods and internal scan all is fine but my partner has severely low sperm count I am 28 he is 29 and we are devastated.. I need to loose 1.5 stone to meet the BMI requirements and he has to quit smoking, we are being referred to nine wells hospital in Dundee, only thing I have a 10 year old daughter from a previous relationship I take it this will stop me getting funding from the NHS? Has anyone else ever had a positive outcome with a severely low count?
You should qualify, as long as your partner has no biological children and you meet all other criteria (assuming the weight loss and stopping smoking are a part of this)

Good luck! I really hope all goes well for you x
GOOD LUCK!!💋❤🥰🥰🥰
Thank you both ❤🤞🏻

You should qualify, as long as your partner has no biological children and you meet all other criteria (assuming the weight loss and stopping smoking are a part of this)
I think it depends which trust you fall under as to whether the NHS will assist if one partner has children. My partner has a child (I don’t have any) and the NHS agreed to carry out fertility investigations and would provide clomid, but we didn’t qualify for IVF. It’s worth asking at least, as we saved a lot of time and money when we went private as a lot of our tests had already been carried out.

I was like a kid at Christmas on Friday when my period came because i knew it meant our first (and only NHS funded) round of IVF could start!

I went for my first internal ultrasound on Saturday (CD2) to check we were good to go and start the FSH injections. The nurse asked me whether I have endometriosis, I said I don't and I was wondering why she had asked whether I had endo; as if she'd read my mind she said said she could see a cyst on my right ovary. Then I remembered when I went for the ultrasounds during initial investigations the nurse said she could see a cyst and she wanted to get a second opinion, left for a few minutes and then came back saying it was fine and cysts can come and go and it's nothing to worry about. The nurse on Saturday said "that's fine, there will be notes from that scan so we'll take a look" Low and behold, first nurse didn't make any note of it at all. So they said they'd have to take bloods to check hormone levels so I should call back at 2pm.

I was quite shocked because in my mind as soon as my period came that was it, we were on our way! Anyway, after having to wait 4 hours for the results line to open to call for the results, I finally got through after re-dialing for half an hour because it was constantly engaged. They said that they advised against starting this month. I said that the doctor had kind of stressed the urgency because of my low AMH levels and she said "well you can go ahead if you want to, but the doctor has taken everything into consideration and advised that you don't go ahead this cycle so we've booked you in again for your next period" and kind of rushed me off the phone. I was so annoyed and upset. Why were they advising against it? What does the cyst mean and why will it affect the IVF process? Why didn't the nurse who found a cyst months ago make a note of it?! How do they know when my next period will be? How can they book me in until I've confirmed I've started bleeding? What if the cyst is still there again next month?

So yeah. Disappointing because i was feeling so excited and positive but ended up miserable and angry all weekend. I ended up taking out on my partner which he didn't deserve at all.

Oh well, roll on Feb!

• Sad