IVF and Fertility Treatments

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hello hello 🥰 hope everyone is ok.

Im going to start looking into going privately, atleast for initial tests, who knows how long the NHS wait is, I’ve already been waiting a year and I’m getting frustrated.😣

Just wanted to know if there any clinic horror stories? I was looking at one called London women’s clinic but it would be based in Cardiff. I’ve also heard of create which they have in Cardiff, but I think for some tests I’d have to go to Bristol which would be annoying.

I just want a fertility MOT really, with scans etc to see what’s going on in there.
I had an assessment with Create and it was really bad customer service, wouldn’t recommend at all. It was one up north so maybe different with a different clinic but my experience wasn’t good at all!

I had an assessment with Create and it was really bad customer service, wouldn’t recommend at all. It was one up north so maybe different with a different clinic but my experience wasn’t good at all!
Oh really! I’m leaning towards London women’s clinic I think that’s so that’s good to know. They’re charging about £330 for a fertility MOT (bloods, scans) does that sound about right?

Hello hello 🥰 hope everyone is ok.

Im going to start looking into going privately, atleast for initial tests, who knows how long the NHS wait is, I’ve already been waiting a year and I’m getting frustrated.😣

Just wanted to know if there any clinic horror stories? I was looking at one called London women’s clinic but it would be based in Cardiff. I’ve also heard of create which they have in Cardiff, but I think for some tests I’d have to go to Bristol which would be annoying.

I just want a fertility MOT really, with scans etc to see what’s going on in there.
My clinic is abc who work in partnership with Create.. and they’ve been great. Have no complaints at all!

I've been on Clomid for a few months but stopping now to have a private couple's fertility consultation next week, waiting for AMH and sperm analysis results and I've got an advanced pelvic ultrasound. Hoping for some answers/options soon🤞🏻
I got the results from my private consultation today, AMH was 4.5 and only 4 follicles seen on the scan. I'm 38 this year so this is low for my age.

They recommended IVF ASAP before the levels drop further...but with my NHS trust you have to be trying for 3 years before they can refer you to IVF (I'm at 2 years) So I might have to go private.

Has anyone else got low AMH for their age?

I got the results from my private consultation today, AMH was 4.5 and only 4 follicles seen on the scan. I'm 38 this year so this is low for my age.

They recommended IVF ASAP before the levels drop further...but with my NHS trust you have to be trying for 3 years before they can refer you to IVF (I'm at 2 years) So I might have to go private.

Has anyone else got low AMH for their age?
I can't remember my exact AMH level, it was low, I also only had 4 follicles at baseline when doing the checks.
Have you had your vitamin D and thyroid levels checked as these can affect AMH and also egg quality. I would recommend you start CoQ10 at least 3 months before you start ivf as it can improve egg quality. We did one retrieval, got 3 mature eggs, 2 made day 5. My lining wasn't thick enough we ending up cancelling the fresh transfer and doing a FET a month later. It was successful - he's now 2. The other embryo we transferred a few months ago and I'm 10 weeks pregnant. Low AMH doesn't mean you won't conceive, we focused on nutrition and supplements to help egg quality. My partner also did a DNA fragmentation test and worked hard on improving that. I was 37, almost 38 when we did the retrieval.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hi ladies, new to this thread 👋

Almost a year of trying, I'm early 30's and hubby is late 30's. Mostly unexplained infertility (my follicle count is on the lower side, as is husbands morphology but doc says this shouldn't have majorly affected our chances). Found out today that we will start ICSI next week and struggling to wrap my head around it - feel like I should be excited but I'm not and at the same time conscious of limiting my expectations as there obviously aren't any guarantees. If I'm honest I'm still in a little bit of disbelief that we've gotten to this point (although I have pushed for it).

Any advice for first time going through the process?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I've finally been referred to IVF on the NHS due to low AMH, they completed the referral form today, does anyone know what happens next? I've read a lot about waiting for funding to come through, how long does this normally take? 🤷🏻‍♀️

I've finally been referred to IVF on the NHS due to low AMH, they completed the referral form today, does anyone know what happens next? I've read a lot about waiting for funding to come through, how long does this normally take? 🤷🏻‍♀️
I started IVF in January on the NHS and am now 11 weeks pregnant so have some recent experience of this. We were referred for IVF in November, had our initial consultation within a couple of weeks and started straight away. Technically we could've started in December but the lab was closed for Christmas so it was pushed back to start in January (it also depends on when your cycle falls as I had to phone the clinic on CD1 to then book in for the first scan to start the process).

This could be completely dependent on where you are in the UK though as funding approvals and wait lists vary up and down the country but I was really surprised that we could start straight away! Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So, I'll be starting the stimulation process, aka injecting hormones, very soon (my period is predicted on Friday), and I'm extremely nervous. This will be my first time doing IVF (after four IUI's, one of which resulted in a pregnancy and, sadly, a miscarriage). I know what to do and how to do it (I watched a really good video about it), but I'm a negative Nancy, so I can't stop thinking how I can screw this up.

For those who have gone through this, is injecting as straightforward as it seems?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
So, I'll be starting the stimulation process, aka injecting hormones, very soon (my period is predicted on Friday), and I'm extremely nervous. This will be my first time doing IVF (after four IUI's, one of which resulted in a pregnancy and, sadly, a miscarriage). I know what to do and how to do it (I watched a really good video about it), but I'm a negative Nancy, so I can't stop thinking how I can screw this up.

For those who have gone through this, is injecting as straightforward as it seems?
I'm about a week behind you, starting injections next week so no advice to offer but also nervous about injecting. Friends I've spoken to have said it's fine when you get used to it.

Best of luck! 💜

• Heart

I found the injections quite straightforward. One of mine was the pen type injection (Gonal F) which was super easy and one had to be mixed together (Cetrotide), which was a bit more fiddly. Just take your time when you start, and make sure you’re somewhere you feel comfortable with space to set out what you need. I got my husband to do mine initially as I was a bit squeamish but I started doing a few myself after the first few days.

If there’s any sting, you can hold an ice cube on the area you’re injecting for a few seconds before you go ahead which can help. Good luck! X

• Heart
I kept this in the freezer to ice my tummy before injections still stung a bit at times but I’m probably in the minority and actually looked forward to doing them everyday I never had anyone else help me, other half would probably have been the one to F it up!

Attachments

Parking myself here as my referral was processed today! Hopefully I’ll have more to share/ ask about soon 🩷

• Heart