I’ve been ghosted and it HURTS

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do men lie?! Feel like doing the classic “what did I do wrong?!” Message but I won’t, just suckssssss.

I feel embarrassed!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Girl don’t feel embarrassed it’s his problem!

1. is he even attractive and interesting enough to miss talking to/being in the company of? 💅
2. do you know him in real life or is it a Tinder/Bumble situation?
3. confront him. It makes them feel really awkward and be assertive. Ghosting is disrespectful - you’re worth better than that.

God whatever you do don’t message him that. You didn’t do anything wrong, mature adults don’t ghost people, you’ve had a lucky escape. Block and let him think you weren’t bothered anyway, that’ll be more of an ego bruise than anything you could send him

Reactions: 7
How long had it been?
couple of weeks. He stayed at mine and then we made all these plans….arranged for him to even work from home at my house!!! And then he just went silent on Friday.

block delete and moveeeeee on I reckon, can’t be dealing with it!!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
couple of weeks. He stayed at mine and then we made all these plans….arranged for him to even work from home at my house!!! And then he just went silent on Friday.

I know it’s tit but at least it hasn’t been long.

It's absolutely nothing to do with you and everything to do with him - says more about his personality than yours that he didn't even have the decency to message you to call things off. Don't be embarrassed and don't waste your time worrying about him either!

Reactions: 1
When I was younger I was ghosted by someone after 9 months.

I did contact him afterwards and we did start talking again, but I realised that I didn’t trust him to not do it again. He said he didn’t like getting attached to people. Okay good luck with that.

As it’s only been a few weeks count yourself lucky and move on.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
It's absolutely nothing to do with you and everything to do with him - says more about his personality than yours that he didn't even have the decency to message you to call things off. Don't be embarrassed and don't waste your time worrying about him either!
so true!! He was giving me all this sad spiel about how his ex treated him so badly that communication and loyalty was his number 1 thing 😂😂😂😂😂

• Heart
I know it’s easier said than done but this is a HIM problem & not a YOU problem. Take some time to lick your wounds & then forget this man ever existed.

From what you’ve said though, I do think you’ve potentially been love bombed & moved quite quickly. I would potentially, when you’re ready to date again, just try slow things down in the initial stages. I’m also saying this from experience, I got swept up in something that moved way faster than it should & then he changed his mind & had a new girl 2 weeks later 🙃

Also, come join us on the dating thread. You don’t have to be actively dating to participate but they’re a lovely bunch & very very supportive!! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 3

If a man I had known for 2 weeks was trying to work from home at my house- I’d consider that a massive red flag. Way too early to play all domestic like that. Don’t make yourself too available. You are not a men’s refuge.

If you are going to online date, you need to *date*. Where’s the romance? Where’s the anticipation? Why is a 2 week old beau trying to work at your dining table?

Reactions: 17
If a man I had known for 2 weeks was trying to work from home at my house- I’d consider that a massive red flag. Way too early to play all domestic like that. Don’t make yourself too available. You are not a men’s refuge.

If you are going to online date, you need to *date*. Where’s the romance? Where’s the anticipation? Why is a 2 week old beau trying to work at your dining table?
Well said!

Get a grip!

Don’t let your guard down for the first three months is my motto. You’ll always get the best version of them during this time and then the real person starts to show as they can’t keep up the maximum effort.

Reactions: 7
I’m not being rude but you’ve known him two weeks and he’s ignored you.
Count yourself lucky this isn’t months down the line when he did it.

Your ego is more hurt than anything else. Block him and get back to dating

Reactions: 4
Safety - why would you let a man in your house that you don't know from Adam

H
Why do men lie?! Feel like doing the classic “what did I do wrong?!” Message but I won’t, just suckssssss.

I feel embarrassed!
Honey it's not you. Men do this. I get going into it too fast, I absolutely did the same thing. Loneliness and wanting to find "the one" leads us all into problems. And I really do think some men see and use that. For this one, keep your pride. Don't give him the satisfaction of reaching out. Don't message him. You'll hurt for a little while but it WILL pass.

Hey guys, I wanted to share my ghosting story! Any advice will be greatly appreciated lol. So, last summer met this guy things seemed to be going really well talking all the time and seeing each other at weekends although he never stayed over which I did find weird but he is from a different culture so always said he had strict parents which I found weird as he is 30!!! First red flag
Anyway after a few weeks I decide to have “the talk” with him to see where we are going to which he tells me he doesn’t want anything serious. I say ok, didn’t speak for a week then he calls me out of the blue wanting to see me so me like an idiot says yes.
we continue to see each other every week until around October when he went away for a week… didn’t hear from him for three weeks. Three weeks go by I thought ok probably not going to hear from him accepted it and then he called me out of the blue. Came over said he had started a new job and was so busy etc etc like an idiot I fell for that too 😂 who is busy 247? But I really do like this guy so I continue to see him as he really seemed like such a nice guy I knew I was getting more and more into him the more I saw him which is was so stupid of me! I decided to make the jump to pull myself away so sent the message how I couldn’t do it anymore I was becoming attached etc, he ignored. A week goes by he calls me again, I thought ok maybe he’s changed his mind?! Saw him that night and he ended up leaving mine to go out with friends, I got completely smashed with a mate as I was feeling so low ended up sending him a few messages nothing terrible just that I hoped he wouldn’t meet anyone else to which he didn’t reply so I then told him to f*** off 😂 next morning I wake feeling absolutley awful so said how sorry I was… again ignored.
It’s been 3 weeks again, don’t think I will hear from him but I feel so awful and low in myself and I do not know what to do! 😞

Hey guys, I wanted to share my ghosting story! Any advice will be greatly appreciated lol. So, last summer met this guy things seemed to be going really well talking all the time and seeing each other at weekends although he never stayed over which I did find weird but he is from a different culture so always said he had strict parents which I found weird as he is 30!!! First red flag
Anyway after a few weeks I decide to have “the talk” with him to see where we are going to which he tells me he doesn’t want anything serious. I say ok, didn’t speak for a week then he calls me out of the blue wanting to see me so me like an idiot says yes.
we continue to see each other every week until around October when he went away for a week… didn’t hear from him for three weeks. Three weeks go by I thought ok probably not going to hear from him accepted it and then he called me out of the blue. Came over said he had started a new job and was so busy etc etc like an idiot I fell for that too 😂 who is busy 247? But I really do like this guy so I continue to see him as he really seemed like such a nice guy I knew I was getting more and more into him the more I saw him which is was so stupid of me! I decided to make the jump to pull myself away so sent the message how I couldn’t do it anymore I was becoming attached etc, he ignored. A week goes by he calls me again, I thought ok maybe he’s changed his mind?! Saw him that night and he ended up leaving mine to go out with friends, I got completely smashed with a mate as I was feeling so low ended up sending him a few messages nothing terrible just that I hoped he wouldn’t meet anyone else to which he didn’t reply so I then told him to f*** off 😂 next morning I wake feeling absolutley awful so said how sorry I was… again ignored.
It’s been 3 weeks again, don’t think I will hear from him but I feel so awful and low in myself and I do not know what to do! 😞
I really think you should let this one go. He seems incredibly flaky and I can imagine how confusing and hurtful that would be, but also you seem to want different things anyway so it's never going to work. He's not serious about you and never will be - if he wanted a relationship he would say but he hasn't.

I think he randomly calls you when he's bored and wants some attention, but nothing you have said suggests what you have with him will lead anywhere.

Block him or at least ignore him when he calls again.

I really think you should let this one go. He seems incredibly flaky and I can imagine how confusing and hurtful that would be, but also you seem to want different things anyway so it's never going to work. He's not serious about you and never will be - if he wanted a relationship he would say but he hasn't.

I think he randomly calls you when he's bored and wants some attention, but nothing you have said suggests what you have with him will lead anywhere.

Block him or at least ignore him when he calls again.
Thank you, I just can’t stop thinking about him and wondering if there is someone else and thinking what did I do so wrong? 😞 this feeling is awful!

Thank you, I just can’t stop thinking about him and wondering if there is someone else and thinking what did I do so wrong? 😞 this feeling is awful!
You're probably better off not knowing if there is someone else. I don't think you did anything wrong - the texts probably didn't help but I think his mind was made up before you sent them. Please try not to dwell on it too much as I doubt you will get any answers and you could be putting your mind to much more positive things xx