Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Chipsandgravy

Chatty Member
Everyone knows how this is going to go. She'll do the calorie counting for a while, it will work initially and then she'll plateau. Then it will be 'I'm going back to SW guys! It's the only thing that's worked for me!'

• Haha
Reactions: 13

SheMyBestie

She posted the picture on her family and friends account. It doesn’t sit right that everyone is commenting on her posts. She clearly kept the whole pregnancy quiet for a reason. I just hope she’s ok. I’ve followed Ellie for years and think she’s lovely, but nobody should be commenting on her public account when she hasn’t announced anything. That’s all I’m going to say until she announcing it herself.

Reactions: 9

ChubClubThug

VIP Member
And how we all laugh that HDE has blown up in all their stupid, greedy sanctimonious faces! A lot of these idiots that blindly followed it, were vicious and rude when questioned on it. Every other diet was the devil! They were right, everyone else is wrong, they had been liberated, freed from diet culture blah blah blah🙄

That ginger gym bunny anti diet whatever she likes to call herself should be held accountable for the shit storm she caused. She preached it hard, made many believe in it, sold loads of copies of the book for the author, then went extremely quiet when it all went (fake) tits up. She soon slunk off and went low-key. She and the others who promoted it hard are disgusting in my eyes...Sold desperate people a fake dream. What a con!

Reactions: 8

tantastic

I’m saying she will share that photo of her in a black coast dress from someone’s wedding and say about how she was X stone and X lbs and she can do it again

The worst thing of dieting is torturing yourself over not getting the quick results of your first time on a diet

Reactions: 8

flamingo29

Chatty Member
But why does she need to announce to instagram she is doing anything? She could just do it behind closed doors, especially after the whole big speech she made about being sooo so happy and free from dieting

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Nixen

Chatty Member
That yoga insta page has commented on two of her posts saying it which is a bit of a dick move. If she doesn’t want to talk about it, that’s her prerogative

Chipsandgravy

Chatty Member
As predicted on the HDE thread (which was moved to the health forum :rolleyes: ) she has now officially announced that she's re-joining slimming world!

• Haha
Lol she’s set her profile to private. Maybe the sanctimonious, rambling, holier-than-thou HDE shite she was spouting had encouraged people to dare ask her why she isn’t a champion for it any longer.

So many of us follow SW/WW/Keto etc because they need ‘rules’ to keep them in check, I’m one of them because I’m like a kid in a candy shop around food, I just cannot be trusted. (Definitely have some sort of addiction and I need to say ‘No’ a lot, willpower is like a muscle blah blah blah).
I have no problem with whatever diet you follow, if it works for you then great! But please don’t berate/preach to others that what we’re doing is wrong JUST because you think you’ve found the dieting holy grail.

Fatllama

I like this account .. I know she did jump into the HDE thing but I think like everyone because it worked in the first week they were sold a false dream. I’ve read the book and it actually does make a lot of sense .. I also lost weight on it (for 3 weeks 😂) I find slimming world and all them groups to fucking horrid. I think she’s stuck between a rock and a hard place, doesn’t wanna be fat forever .. hates slimming world but it worked for her. Knows how to lose weight .. eat less move more. But is just like the rest of us and struggles 😂

JohannaCawffey

VIP Member
Running is her new thing. Yawn.
There's always a new thing that's better than SW - last year it was HDE and boxing, now it's nuts and running. So happy in her own skin again. Yup, okay hun - wait til it's 3 months til her wedding, I bet a few miles a week and a bag of KP won't be enough for her then😏

• Haha
Reactions: 6

JohannaCawffey

VIP Member
Now going under the name itselliescarth- she's gone all anti diet again!
If I had a pound for the number of times this girl has had an epiphany around dieting I'd be a millionaire.

She's now saying that she ditched SW about 3 weeks ago, it's not all about the number on the scales, she's enjoying food again guilt free, she refuses to be defined by her weight blah blah blah. I'd like to think she's genuinely happy, but I've seen so many times with her! She really has an unhealthy relationship with food and her body image. I can't help thinking that this new way of thinking is down to lockdown and the cancellation of her wedding. As soon as things resume, she'll rejoin SW again for the 6474774th time and announce that its the only thing that ever works and she'll have 2 stone to ditch in 3 months..you can see it coming a mile off!

• Angry
  • Heart

Chipsandgravy

Chatty Member
Exactly what I said in the beginning when it all kicked off. 'Eat when you are hungry' is not mind blowing advice. If it was that simple no one would be overweight.

HeyLetsGo

It’s pretty obvious that she doesn’t want her followers to know for whatever reason and I think that should be respected. I don’t think we should discuss anything that isn’t content from her public page.

Shouldntbutineedto

Is it just me who really hates when people with a very big public platform start slating the previous owners decor in a house they’ve just bought? I find it really distasteful and disrespectful sometimes. You don’t have to mention it at all, just say what you’re going to do if that’s the point of your post.

Reactions: 5

Shouldntbutineedto

I didn’t even think it was that bad.. my bathroom tiles are worse than that but certainly wouldn’t say they’re so bad they need replacing 🙈 she’ll be making so many people feel like they’re normal lived in homes aren’t good enough!
I think she forgets that this is how most people move house- they have to live with it and get round to decorating that room when they can. Her first home was a new build so it’s a lot easier to move into rooms where you’ve picked everything first!

JohannaCawffey

VIP Member
I know I predicted this...but I still had to stifle a little giggle when I saw this on her stories. The bit that made me laugh was "i know there will be some eye-rolling right now"😅 - no shit Ellie!! Everyone knows you can't go more than a couple of months without a new fad, especially with your wedding coming up!

Wasn't it only this time last year she was on the HDE band-wagon before ditching that because (shockingly), if you eat whatever you fancy, you gain weight?! Now she's spent the last few months doing the same thing, calorie counting has become the new thing. Because there's always a new thing..there's the SW thing, then the anti-SW thing, the HDE thing, the SW thing again, the boxing, the running, the relaxing, the SW thing (again), then the no-diet thing and now the calorie counting thing.
She has a desperately unhealthy relationship with food, I'm sorry but she does. I did feel sorry for her, but she's been in this cycle too long now, she ought to recognise it and change it before she passes her obsession on to her daughter.

• Haha