Its your fault I'm fat/Mothers with Type 2 Diabetes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have seen about 4 of the present season on the above tv programme.

What concerns me are the mothers.

Two of the mothers, one was 6 stone over weight, the other 10 stone over weight. They both had Type 2 diabetes, which on the whole can be controlled with diet and watching your weight

Both these ladies worked and functioned.

I don't under stand why the pair of them would allow themselves to have a medical condition that they could have control of. One of the ladies, her mother also suffered from T2 diabetes.

Why would you do that to yourself?

As someone with Type 1 if i could of done something to stop myself developing this disease and all the horrible complications associated I would of straight away!

Reactions: 4
Oh god, I’ve only seen 1 episode of Season 2 but the girl whose mum couldn’t be fucked making a homemade nutritious dinner “because my soaps are on” and so it was beige freezer food EVERY NIGHT 😢 what chance did her and her brother have when their Mum had that attitude?

• Angry
Reactions: 2
Yes, this one was the worst one this season I think, the brother disappeared about week 3. Am sure this was one of the mothers who was T2 diabetic and her mum was as well.

Think the season is over now, I could not find it on Tuesday.

Reactions: 1
I’ve only watched this recently while in lockdown and I can neverrrrr believe how unsupportive some of the mothers are!!!! Surely if you child was desperately unhappy with their weight, you would do everything to support them on their journey?!
There was one lad on there and he melted my heart. He lost over 2 stone, looked so bloody well after just 6 weeks and his parents just sat there. I would be jumping for joy!!! You could see his heart breaking when they didn’t react! He was so lovely and I hope he’s kept it up. He was determined and looked incredible ❣

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I’ve only watched this recently while in lockdown and I can neverrrrr believe how unsupportive some of the mothers are!!!! Surely if you child was desperately unhappy with their weight, you would do everything to support them on their journey?!
There was one lad on there and he melted my heart. He lost over 2 stone, looked so bloody well after just 6 weeks and his parents just sat there. I would be jumping for joy!!! You could see his heart breaking when they didn’t react! He was so lovely and I hope he’s kept it up. He was determined and looked incredible ❣
I felt angry at the mum who made frozen food every night because her soaps were on so she didn’t want to miss them if she was cooking, she’d watch them drinking a 2litre of fizzy juice from the bottle. 🤢

You can just tell some are going to continue on that path for a long time as the mother was so stubborn! It’s sad!

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I felt angry at the mum who made frozen food every night because her soaps were on so she didn’t want to miss them if she was cooking, she’d watch them drinking a 2litre of fizzy juice from the bottle. 🤢

You can just tell some are going to continue on that path for a long time as the mother was so stubborn! It’s sad!
So unfair isn’t it!! Those poor kids have no bloody chance with them as a role model!
And the mother saying she didn’t want to waste time cooking food from scratch 😳🤯 think my jaw fell to the floor!!

• Sad
Reactions: 2
The kids were very sad but I think that they have to help themselves, they have access to the internet and will know what to do as I am sure the programme would also have left them with guidance. The really sad one was the boy who's mother was disabled but he was a star and did so well, I was so pleased for him.

Some of the mothers are a disgrace.

The mothers who already have T2 diabetes, I just don't understand.

Reactions: 1