It Galz #7 Lindsay spills the tea, is Jenny a rat? Two girls in a spat

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s bizarre.. I feel like she never really left the church despite all the giving out she has done about it.
I think they’re still super religious. She often said things about god, being scared of god, things being ungodly etc.

Reactions: 8
New here 👋 great reading gals. Was a long term xxxgal up til last week and pretty sad about it. As much as the podcast has been tainted by the tit show, it still meant a lot to me.

On the whole Lindsey's "sobriety" note, I don't think J would have a problem with it. If I remember correctly J encouraged L to try dry January last year. They did a pod about it and J seemed nothing but encouraging to L. Over the years L was the one who had WAY more judgement around people stopping drinking. I'm thinking the new fella must be tee-total or something cause all of a sudden she's gone from "sober people are boring" to a self appointed voice of sobriety?

Touchy subject for me because I have a history of alcohol abuse in my family and someone who has been off booze for 2 months should not be preaching about something as serious as sobriety. I get it that someone can change and I do think L seemed to have a bit of a drinking problem (she admitted to drinking every night, often alone) so quitting was defo the right choice for her but if it's all for this fella then it's not really for the right reasons imo

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I think they’re still super religious. She often said things about god, being scared of god, things being ungodly etc.
Yeah she seems to be yet speaks about the negative impact the teachings at Christian youth groups, camps etc had on her. Surprised her kids are attending similar groups

Reactions: 3
Indoctrination runs deep and presumably needs to keep parents on her side if they are helping so much

Reactions: 15
Today’s ep was very good I thought, listened again with my sis and we both thought it was like the old days. L has tended to go off on tangents when she was alone but referring back to listeners’ questions kept her on track and the episode structured 👌🏽. There does seem to have been a bit of revision of history around J though. She kept hinting that now she’s sober she can see what she had been putting up with and people in her life she should never have tolerated. Like J was this awful person all along and now she’s sober she sees this. But like L, you weren’t an alco pissed off your head at all times and incapable of thinking straight - you had 3/4 drinks a night and most of the time you were with J you were sober?

Reactions: 24
Indoctrination runs deep and presumably needs to keep parents on her side if they are helping so much
True but I think with the amount of money she’s earning now she does not necessarily need to rely on her parents to mind the kids etc. I know it’s more convenient for them to but if she was totally against the teachings of the church she wouldn’t send her kids to camp just to maintain her parents support.

Reactions: 4
True but I think with the amount of money she’s earning now she does not necessarily need to rely on her parents to mind the kids etc. I know it’s more convenient for them to but if she was totally against the teachings of the church she wouldn’t send her kids to camp just to maintain her parents support.
Idk there’s a big difference between family support and just paying someone to mind your child. My mom took care of me on her own in a different country and it’s not easy not having your parents to help with your kids.

Reactions: 5
Today’s ep was very good I thought, listened again with my sis and we both thought it was like the old days. L has tended to go off on tangents when she was alone but referring back to listeners’ questions kept her on track and the episode structured 👌🏽. There does seem to have been a bit of revision of history around J though. She kept hinting that now she’s sober she can see what she had been putting up with and people in her life she should never have tolerated. Like J was this awful person all along and now she’s sober she sees this. But like L, you weren’t an alco pissed off your head at all times and incapable of thinking straight - you had 3/4 drinks a night and most of the time you were with J you were sober?
3/4 drinks a night is problematic though as you're never really clearheaded but I don't think she should be trying to rewrite anything. She's coming across like a dry drunk (someone who is now sober but hasnt changed their thought process or behaviour)

Reactions: 11
Idk there’s a big difference between family support and just paying someone to mind your child. My mom took care of me on her own in a different country and it’s not easy not having your parents to help with your kids.
Of course but she often talks about her own trauma from being exposed to the teachings in the Christian groups. I’ve never been so don’t know how bad they are - I’m simply going by what L has said herself

3/4 drinks a night is problematic though as you're never really clearheaded but I don't think she should be trying to rewrite anything. She's coming across like a dry drunk (someone who is now sober but hasnt changed their thought process or behaviour)
No I agree her drinking probably was problematic and she made the right decision to go sober. I just think it’s very unfair to rewrite 10 years of friendship as “I was drunk but now I’m sober I see what she was”. L might have had problematic drinking behaviours but I don’t think it was to the extent she was prevented from seeing what an awful/manipulative/bully that she now claims J is. I think it’s just L’s way of processing the breakup, it helps her to tie it all up in a neat bow and affirms in L’s mind she was totally in the right about J/the breakup. Basically J was the problem but L wasn’t in any way to blame because she wasn’t sober and couldn’t see the true picture.

Reactions: 18
I think she was just saying she never used contraception in relationships I’m unsure about one night stands. Although I do remember ageees ago the girls advocating using condoms and saying don’t let a man tell you it ruins sex and protect yourself. Which I really respected from them
Not to derail the thread but speaking of contraception/STIs - HSE are doing free at home STI testing at the moment. I don't think it's in all of Ireland yet but it's a great resource and very discreet.

Reactions: 26
No I agree her drinking probably was problematic and she made the right decision to go sober. I just think it’s very unfair to rewrite 10 years of friendship as “I was drunk but now I’m sober I see what she was”. L might have had problematic drinking behaviours but I don’t think it was to the extent she was prevented from seeing what an awful/manipulative/bully that she now claims J is. I think it’s just L’s way of processing the breakup, it helps her to tie it all up in a neat bow and affirms in L’s mind she was totally in the right about J/the breakup. Basically J was the problem but L wasn’t in any way to blame because she wasn’t sober and couldn’t see the true picture.

I have to agree here, just look at the track record (of what we know obviously). J has been through countless breakups with L, seemingly picked her up after every one of them, watched her make the same mistakes over and over again. Back in January when that tit show of L's super spreader post happened and all the Xgalz were writing to L, J sat beside her in a livestream and let L run her mouth despite looking exhausted. I'm not saying their friendship was perfect, FAR from it clearly, but to paint J as some kind of evil bully seems OTT to me.

You had a huge fight, you're no longer friends, move on!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah she said on a pod a few months ago she was ‘getting back into god’ and her family have weekly prayer meetings together.

Actually think she said back into the church not god, and that’s she’s always been religious

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yeah she said on a pod a few months ago she was ‘getting back into god’ and her family have weekly prayer meetings together.

Actually think she said back into the church not god, and that’s she’s always been religious
I literally cannot get my head around that at all. She’s been saying up until this day the damage the church did to her and her parents’ religious parenting style and how much it fucked her up. Cognitive dissonance at its finest?

Reactions: 18
I literally cannot get my head around that at all. She’s been saying up until this day the damage the church did to her and her parents’ religious parenting style and how much it fucked her up. Cognitive dissonance at its finest?
That's what religious guilt does to people unfortunately

Reactions: 8
I mean seems fine to be religious and pray with your family but I wish she wouldn't send her kids to those camps after she already talked about the harm they did to her.

Reactions: 12
It was ages ago she said that too. I’d say that is affecting the change in her lifestyle/dress sense more than her relationship is.

Reactions: 1
It was ages ago she said that too. I’d say that is affecting the change in her lifestyle/dress sense more than her relationship is.
Tbf I’m coming from a place where I have no experience of this but I don’t get how anyone can dip their toe/partially participate in extremist religion (be it islam, conservative Christian, whatever). Yes you’re only doing the prayer part/going to the ceremonies, but you know this institute you’re endorsing/funding/supporting hates/looks down gay people/thinks woman who have premarital sex are dirty and soiled/are misogynist etc etc. How can you be ok with that? Presumably if L is happily going deeper into this she’ll be happy to stop having sex with the bf, become celibate, stop talking about sex, denounce her gay friends etc. otherwise it feels highly hypocritical to be part of that church. I get that a lot of people do participate in religion like that but I find it hard to reconcile tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Great pod about her drinking today v honest and tbh self aware which I wouldn’t have expected from Lindsay.

Also has me thinking .. interesting how Jimmy ended things with her when it was dry January and Jenny and her have a falling out now shes sober. I believe when people get sober they realise how people have been treating them that they couldn't realise before due to the fact they were under the influence and/or preoccupied with arranging their drinking that they didnt really care. Maybe she was fine with or didn’t realise how she was being treated and started standing up for herself and Jenny couldn’t pull wool over her eyes anymore? Or maybe it was simply just that she had her tit together more but Jenny was used to the organising and running the show more and Lindsay would just do what she was told before .. like “perform” to some extent?

Another theory though is also sometimes ex addicts (which she doesn’t want to be labelled as and tbh fair enough but for the purposes of my little theory imma just use that word) are difficult to live with or deal with because their focus is ENTIRELY in something else. A close family member of mine was obsessed with money and had multiple jobs and wouldnt let anyone buy anything etc when he came off the drink. Maybe Lindsay became obsessed with the pod and enhancing it and changing it and Jenny wasnt interested in that?

Anyways lol thats just a couple things I was think but its a great ep
Just seems like it's all about her tho? Did she mention if the alcohol caused her to treat people poorly? Like I'm sure if she was drunk enough to not notice J's behaviour ... was she too drunk to notice her own? I can't imagine she was treating people well when she was so focused on substance abuse.

That is interesting what you say about a recovering addict having to fully focus on something else. Could explain her strange behaviour, moving in with the guy, her obsession with tearing J down etc. Definitely, she should go get mental health support if she is saying her drinking was that bad. I don't know much about addiction recovery but I can imagine it would be hard to admit the pain your addiction caused to other people? It's just all a bit strange. I mean it's not like she's been sober that long. The whole J cancellation thing started around the time L got sober right?. A week of sobriety is hardly enough time to realize J is xyz. especially if she did dry Jan before.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.