It Galz #2 Lindsey put your gee away

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random one, off topic, and it's more about influencers in general, but using these two as examples because its relevant to me and I think it shows how fickle they are...

I get a treatment from a clinic that isn't filler or botox. These girls got gifted it before. It basically is an injectable facial that keeps your skin in it's renewing phase for 9 months. Your skin is AMAZING after you get it done. ā‚¬350. Lasts 9 months for younger people (under 35).

I'll never forget them getting it done for free and saying that it was tit and they'd be raging if they paid for it.

Then in the months after they're skin was gorgeous (in fairness to them) but they never mentioned this treatment, only crap they use like rose water spray etc. Loads of advice about skin going out, never mentioning this treatment.

They got an injectable treatment worth ā‚¬350...of course their skin was lovely.

Anyway, just thought it was mad that they got a campaign from the same place . Tbh it's as much brands faults for not monitoring the gifts they give influencers and what they say about them.

Reactions: 12
Random one, off topic, and it's more about influencers in general, but using these two as examples because its relevant to me and I think it shows how fickle they are...

I get a treatment from a clinic that isn't filler or botox. These girls got gifted it before. It basically is an injectable facial that keeps your skin in it's renewing phase for 9 months. Your skin is AMAZING after you get it done. ā‚¬350. Lasts 9 months for younger people (under 35).

I'll never forget them getting it done for free and saying that it was tit and they'd be raging if they paid for it.

Then in the months after they're skin was gorgeous (in fairness to them) but they never mentioned this treatment, only crap they use like rose water spray etc. Loads of advice about skin going out, never mentioning this treatment.

They got an injectable treatment worth ā‚¬350...of course their skin was lovely.

Anyway, just thought it was mad that they got a campaign from the same place . Tbh it's as much brands faults for not monitoring the gifts they give influencers and what they say about them.
Whats the name of this treatment? šŸ‘€ i'd like to look into it!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Also a bit off topic but- Can we appreciate that itgalz excuse their offensive jokes by comparing themselves to Ricky Gervais. Like, just no.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I donā€™t know I feel like if they took a break from the podcast for a few weeks it would do wonders for them. I canā€™t imagine spending that much time with my friend and working with them and trying to think of new content constantly. Especially in these times when there is literally NOTHING to be talking about. I think if they took a break it would help them get their mojo back.
I agree. But they canā€™t really otherwise theyā€™ll lose the $$$. I think it would take losing a lot of Xgal patreons for them to actually take a step back.
This might be unfair because obviously Lindsay has good reason to be off the sauce but when I heard sheā€™s going sober I was like- welp, things are about to get even more boring.
Donā€™t get me wrong, the boring parts of sobriety out weigh the chaos that alcohol brings but damn, alcohol does make for good content.

Reactions: 3
Re. the podcast, at some point last year/late 2019 I think the girls made a decision to close off talking about their personal life. Lindsay didn't go into the specifics of her dating in the summer and there has been very little talk about her recent new bfs. Obviously the girls aren't obliged to be an open book and share everything but that's why people enjoyed the first few episodes of X galz where Lindsay happily divulged about Dzaddy and then a couple of months later Jenny was really honest about her break-up. On that ep both of the girls were balling crying, it couldn't have been more raw or personal. People relate to personal content, not shag/marry/kill.

So while it's a mixture of content burnout, I also think that the girls have massively pulled back and for me ultimately means that I am just not connecting to the podcasts. The girls, particularly Lindsay are known for their realness and authenticity, so when you go from talking about having a pregnancy scare in one of your opening eps to having an 'attachment style test' that says a lot imo.

A few people talking about how COVID means there is little the girls can talk about with nothing much going on and that's the reason why the content has nose-dived. I actually disagree with this, Lindsay is now in her second relationship during COVID (fair play!), as I mentioned above it seems she had good fun last summer and Jenny has mentioned in passing about saving for a mortgage - why not explore this a bit more and would also be a new direction for It Galz.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Agree completely with this!

The pod was built on their unapologetic openness and realness. The quizzes and duck marry kills were the nail in the coffin.
Re. the podcast, at some point last year/late 2019 I think the girls made a decision to close off talking about their personal life. Lindsay didn't go into the specifics of her dating in the summer and there has been very little talk about her recent new bfs. Obviously the girls aren't obliged to be an open book and share everything but that's why people enjoyed the first few episodes of X galz where Lindsay happily divulged about Dzaddy and then a couple of months later Jenny was really honest about her break-up. On that ep both of the girls were balling crying, it couldn't have been more raw or personal. People relate to personal content, not shag/marry/kill.

So while it's a mixture of content burnout, I also think that the girls have massively pulled back and for me ultimately means that I am just not connecting to the podcasts. The girls, particularly Lindsay are known for their realness and authenticity, so when you go from talking about having a pregnancy scare in one of your opening eps to having an 'attachment style test' that says a lot imo.

A few people talking about how COVID means there is little the girls can talk about with nothing much going on and that's the reason why the content has nose-dived. I actually disagree with this, Lindsay is now in her second relationship during COVID (fair play!), as I mentioned above it seems she had good fun last summer and Jenny has mentioned in passing about saving for a mortgage - why not explore this a bit more and would also be a new direction for It Galz.

Reactions: 9

Totally agree. This sounds stupid but itā€™s kind of like when on ā€˜Keeping up with the Kardashiansā€™ they decided they didnā€™t want to share as much anymore and the show went to absolute tit. I selfishly thought the same when Lindsay said she was giving up drink. Just because when they started off the were two girls having cans chatting away into their phone. And they used to tell us all the funny stories from their crazy nights out. But obviously if itā€™s the right decision for Lindsays mental health I'm happy for her

Does anyone know what TikToker Clarabell is talking about in her story?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4

This 100%. I totally agree.

Reactions: 1
They had this weird dig at Joe Biden in the latest pod saying itā€™s well known how ā€œdarkā€ he is. Sorry what? Other than the pro Trump and QAnon conspiracists Iā€™m not aware of any dark stories lol. Meanwhile Trump been accused of multiple counts of rape and they didnā€™t once criticise him in 4 years. There defo secret Trump stans šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 18
They had this weird dig at Joe Biden in the latest pod saying itā€™s well known how ā€œdarkā€ he is. Sorry what? Other than the pro Trump and QAnon conspiracists Iā€™m not aware of any dark stories lol. Meanwhile Trump been accused of multiple counts of rape and they didnā€™t once criticise him in 4 years. There defo secret Trump stans šŸ˜‚
They are definitely too dim to have an informed opinion on either.

Reactions: 12
In fairness, Biden has had a couple of claims of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior made against him. Obviously nothing as vile as Trump, but there are some shady behaviors against women in his past. He's also made some pretty problematic comments/political decisions around race and racial justice. Basically, their comment isn't totally off.

Reactions: 10
In fairness, Biden has had a couple of claims of sexual assault and inappropriate behavior made against him. Obviously nothing as vile as Trump, but there are some shady behaviors against women in his past. He's also made some pretty problematic comments/political decisions around race and racial justice. Basically, their comment isn't totally off.
Interesting - i must look into this a bit more!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.