It Galz #13 And just like that It Galz became ‘your gal’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the Red Room episode with Yulia and I like The Docket. I wish she didn't have to make every single episode something "mind bending"

Reactions: 5
Good god she’s looking well 🔥🔥🔥she really did herself justice dissolving her filler and adding a little for symmetry. She looks 100000x better now.
yesssss, she’s looking so good these last few months! Such a glow and looking all around so much better (not that she didn’t look good before!)

Reactions: 10
Wow: the person saying they found J's free podcast boring sure brought out the stans!

I signed up for Red Room and now I'm not sure I'll stick with it. J's consistency helps make it viable but she could do with mixing things up.

'Previous lives', 'UFOs', 'sleep paralysis'... they're all basically 'weird stuff' and she needs maybe 25 mins of 'weird stuff' per episode. Nobody wants to hear her - or anybody - regurgitating stuff she found online - or even reading out listeners' experiences - for an hour plus. Nobody.

Personally, the eps I enjoyed the most were interviews with people who really are the experts. (Yulia was a good one too: they have a solid rapport.)

However, the collab with Adam wears quite thin. When they were running through Ghislaine Maxwell saga and called the Virginia Giuffre 'Victoria', I thought of the Tattler who scoffed at J's supposed aptitude for research a few weeks ago.

Reactions: 14
Wow: the person saying they found J's free podcast boring sure brought out the stans!

I signed up for Red Room and now I'm not sure I'll stick with it. J's consistency helps make it viable but she could do with mixing things up.

'Previous lives', 'UFOs', 'sleep paralysis'... they're all basically 'weird stuff' and she needs maybe 25 mins of 'weird stuff' per episode. Nobody wants to hear her - or anybody - regurgitating stuff she found online - or even reading out listeners' experiences - for an hour plus. Nobody.

Personally, the eps I enjoyed the most were interviews with people who really are the experts. (Yulia was a good one too: they have a solid rapport.)

However, the collab with Adam wears quite thin. When they were running through Ghislaine Maxwell saga and called the Virginia Giuffre 'Victoria', I thought of the Tattler who scoffed at J's supposed aptitude for research a few weeks ago.
I know what ya mean, I wish she's just do an ep on Katie Price 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7

I don’t know what planet your living on but you can’t deny that “weird stuff” is really a popular topic now thanks to tik tok and other forms of social media. Just because you don’t want to hear it doesn’t mean nobody does. I am not a J Stan I’m just stating facts.

Reactions: 25

Agree and disagree. I do think a lot of J’s topics are interesting but I’m personally not a huge fan of solo podcasts unless that person has a gift for storytelling or interesting takes (someone mentioned ages ago blind boy is a good example although he does waffle on a bit too).

I’d love to see her mix it up a bit more, get more guests (also loved her Yulia ep - would love if she’s had more old mates on!) and maybe loosen up a bit. I think sometimes her eps can be a bit too structured/ sound like she’s just reading off a page. That being said I’m willing to give her a chance cuz she’s just starting out solo and I think she will find her groove. I may subscribe again in a couple of months & listen to the backlog.

Reactions: 8

Over 1000 patreons would disagree with ya 😉
To echo previous posters, its ok to have different interests, some people are into “weird online stuff” and some people are into Katie Price 🤷🏻‍♀️. I personally think theres audience for both, but L cannot even produce a simple pod once a week… can you imagine L doing the same amount of research J does every week when she couldnt even be bothered to watch that Lil Nas video. I think most people here have an issue with Ls work ethic and complete lack of self awareness.

Reactions: 15
I don’t know what planet your living on but you can’t deny that “weird stuff” is really a popular topic now thanks to tik tok and other forms of social media. Just because you don’t want to hear it doesn’t mean nobody does. I am not a J Stan I’m just stating facts.
But TikToks run for - what? - 2 mins? And they're mostly people telling their own stories. An hour of 1 person basically telling the same story over and over again, just about different interchangeable third parties is deadly boring.

We get it: J likes research. But it's not like the 1980s, where info is buried in dusty old archives, most of us will find the relevant Reddit thread if we're interested in this stuff. Or we'll seek out Twitter accounts, Ted Talks, TikToks by the experts.

Gotta say, though: the consistency of her output - knowing there will be a fresh pod every Wednesday - is a big part of why I've stayed put.

Ehhh… but aren’t there close to 1000 people who absolutely do want to hear her talk about such things? You not liking those topics is grand, no need to project onto other people who do!
plus who cares if people like RR or it galz?! Idgaf if people on here love Ls content (even though I cannot gf into it!) and how she delivers it - she clearly maintained some sort of audience despite it not being my thing. People on here need to differentiate between their own personal preference and general popularity…

Reactions: 11
But TikToks run for - what? - 2 mins? And they're mostly people telling their own stories. An hour of 1 person basically telling the same story over and over again, just about different interchangeable third parties is deadly boring.

We get it: J likes research. But it's not like the 1980s, where info is buried in dusty old archives, most of us will find the relevant Reddit thread if we're interested in this stuff. Or we'll seek out Twitter accounts, Ted Talks, TikToks by the experts.

Gotta say, though: the consistency of her output - knowing there will be a fresh pod every Wednesday - is a big part of why I've stayed put.
Personally I will watch a 2 minute Tik tok and then be wanting more - that’s what J brings. There’s some very fishy accounts on here as of late.

Reactions: 18
You not liking redroom ≠ there not being a market for redroom 😅

I find this narrative so boring. Like by all means say you don’t like the pod or have gripes with part of it, but don’t deny the market for it as it’s obv doing well months on.

Reactions: 28
Personally I will watch a 2 minute Tik tok and then be wanting more - that’s what J brings. There’s some very fishy accounts on here as of late.
All the topics Jenny covers have been done to death . Free content aswell, go look at " Last podcast on the left" . And they do it better!

You not liking redroom ≠ there not being a market for redroom 😅

I find this narrative so boring. Like by all means say you don’t like the pod or have gripes with part of it, but don’t deny the market for it as it’s obv doing well months on.
exactly! People need to realise their opinion is not the only opinion! If you don’t like certain content, do t listen but don’t try to argue and outline why no one else should listen.

Reactions: 8
All the topics Jenny covers have been done to death . Free content aswell, go look at " Last podcast on the left" . And they do it better!
There wouldn't be many podcasts (or anything really) that hasn't been done before

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.