It Galz #12 L spent all the Itgalz money, leave the jokes to someone funny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was on tenterhooks for the whole thing. It is being criticised here as though it's a fanfic or something. Really interesting insight into the beginning of what became itgalz. Probably best taken with a pinch of salt considering how distressing the friendship was for her but I don't think that means the whole thing is nonsense

Reactions: 17
OK so I havent been keeping up with the it galz thread or watching any of lindseys stories etc but I just happened to go on her story today for a few clips of her Q&A... Oh.. My.. Lord. Is she OK 😂 Why is she suddenly screaming I'm punk rock I'm so confused. Is this her new phase or has she lost her mind.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Agree.
That was so embarrassing for her. Also cringe at her saying girls crying on nights out etc makes them no craic and weeks previous she was crying in a vlog about a guy?
I haaaaate when L puts on that persona. It’s like her “man expert” persona where she convinces girls in their 20s that she has it all figured out, meanwhile she’s on the tail end of another toxic relationship that went up in flames. I couldn’t believe it when she said to lower your standards!

Reactions: 19
Wow, that surely was an interesting read! There was a few home truths in there but overall just too fluffy. I particularly loled when the girl said that she is all about self reflection while reading a piece that had little self reflection in it 😂. But some of it is very interesting, i liked her analysis on why L is such a chaotic mess, she never really had any hardship growing up, hence she keeps creating drama for her self, very pathological. Also, and we all know that is true, J cannot handle a confrontation, something she said her self. Overall i do believe the girls were a toxic mess in that period if their live that she described. The part with Michael being alt right and living in his parents shed hit home with me, ive spend way too many years with somebody like that, its exhausting. Anyways, my hope is for Jenny that she did a lot of self reflecting and i think Evan helped her as well to become more of a mature person. I wish i could say the same about L, unfortunately we see very little maturing in her behaviour. L keeps going around in toxic circles and i hope Jenny, with the help of therapy is a better person now(or she is just better at hiding that tit online 😂).

Reactions: 9
Wow, that surely was an interesting read! There was a few home truths in there but overall just too fluffy. I particularly loled when the girl said that she is all about self reflection while reading a piece that had little self reflection in it 😂. But some of it is very interesting, i liked her analysis on why L is such a chaotic mess, she never really had any hardship growing up, hence she keeps creating drama for her self, very pathological. Also, and we all know that is true, J cannot handle a confrontation, something she said her self. Overall i do believe the girls were a toxic mess in that period if their live that she described. The part with Michael being alt right and living in his parents shed hit home with me, ive spend way too many years with somebody like that, its exhausting. Anyways, my hope is for Jenny that she did a lot of self reflecting and i think Evan helped her as well to become more of a mature person. I wish i could say the same about L, unfortunately we see very little maturing in her behaviour. L keeps going around in toxic circles and i hope Jenny, with the help of therapy is a better person now(or she is just better at hiding that tit online 😂).
Yeah this would be my takeaway from it too. The author is way too focused on martyring herself.
I’m sure the girls were a bit of a mess in their early 20s, I had a group similar to that in my first few years of college and when you have little structure and drink a bit too much it can be easy to fall into during those years. I still think she’s giving the girls a little too much credit for being these evil masterminds, when more than likely they were just chaotic pissheads who were bet into tumblr.

Reactions: 21
Also do we know for sure its Edel, Jame’s roommate? James seems to be on good terms with both of the girls, surely if things were that toxic, would he remain friends with them? Loving the tea tho ☕☕☕

I loled at the part where the girls called garda on the party cause they hated the girl hosting it😂i can defo see them doing that. I know its suppose to sound toxic but its just made lol. Like thats the worse thing they have done.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Also do we know for sure its Edel, Jame’s roommate? James seems to be on good terms with both of the girls, surely if things were that toxic, would he remain friends with them? Loving the tea tho ☕☕☕

I loled at the part where the girls called garda on the party cause they hated the girl hosting it😂i can defo see them doing that. I know its suppose to sound toxic but its just made lol. Like thats the worse thing they have done.
They’ve never mentioned another Edel and she says in it she rented a house where James lives so can only presume…. And same that bit honestly cracked me up 🤣 pretty sure they spoke about it once And it was in a “wtf were we thinking” sort of way. She definitely still seems kinda enamoured with both L&J

Reactions: 3
I always thought their appeal was that they aren't majorly glam or cool. Both seemed kind of like girls that weren't particularly in the 'cool groups at all, but accepted that and liked being a bit different and had great crack.....seems I was totally wrong lol
I agree I remember they had a podcast before where they were howling laughing that they went to a pub and took the “maddest pics” on a pool table and made themselves look like they were having the wildest night then posted the pics and went home

Jesus Christ that’s intense 😳 honestly think it sounds bang on about both of them
“The false rape allegation that shook me”…..?!

Reactions: 10
Interesting how she says how amazing Lindsay is as a mother but she doesn’t show that (referencing the pic after Luna was born), I definitely think Lindsay doesn’t see her day to day mother life as valuable for social media so she tries to be outrageous. She does seem like a great mother from the glimpses we see though IMO

Reactions: 8
Also when was it published again? I thought it was the end on july, she mentions the law suit but this was before we and L apparently knew?

Reactions: 2
Jenny ‘has a way of intellectualising her bias’ is so bang on

Reactions: 27
Everyone saying this carry on went on in their early twenties, as though it makes it somewhat excusable lol?! —it continued well into their early thirties to the conception of their podcast.
I’ve seen growth from Jenny in the last 18 months or so. None from L, unsurprisingly.

If you look at Ls tumblr now, it's mad to see how much she has changed. Her style, her attitude, she used to be super artsy and unique. She's kind of a basic witch now in comparison. A watered down insta hun wearing designer, much prefer her look back then
It wasn’t unique, it was a carbon copy of whatever artsy ‘itgal’ they were stanning on Tumblr at the time 😂😂 I remember seeing them at gaffs shrieking away to themselves snapping pics in the corner, trying to get lads attention, there to be seen yet no one really talked to them apart from some of the gay lads. I can see how this Edel girl was sucked into it. Like it was better to be on their good side than on their bad cause they were really ruthless. Thought it was gas when L had Lauren bej on the pod because J and L bleeping HATED her back in the day. She was the young hot gal who all the lads fancied. I know they were stalking her social media to death, picking her apart. The jealousy. I have a feeling that’s who Edel is referencing (hot 19 year old, new on the scene, yet followed by all the lads they were obsessed with) Realistically they were always on the outs of these social situations, from what I saw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I don’t think it’s excusable, but I do think it gives a different context. I doubt many of us would come across angelic if our ex friend wrote some sort of fanfic excluding all of their own involvement. The behaviour isn’t unbelievable, but the context that it was happening almost a decade ago is important.
But as you said; that behaviour definitely feels more alien when looking at Jenny than it does to Lindsey these days

Reactions: 15
Edel is very good at writing but holding onto all that after all these years and then writing about them online, (a trait for which she is critical of in the piece). I just think people in glass houses and all that.

Reactions: 25
Edel is very good at writing but holding onto all that after all these years and then writing about them online, (a trait for which she is critical of in the piece). I just think people in glass houses and all that.
She sounded like a nightmare in the episode they did about her tbf to them

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.