Is Tattle your dirty little secret?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not a dirty little secret but I’ve never mentioned it to anyone really. I mean it’s just like any other online forum such as mumsnet but my partner and most friends would probably think I’m a raving lunatic investing my time reading gossip about youtubers
Ha ha I am the same. No one knows I contribute here but most people I know would think I am crazy 😜

Reactions: 2
My partner knows but he’s not really interested in gossip

I hope I never have to go back to work in the office and continue to work from home forever so I can log on whenever I want 😆
This is me 😂😂🤗🤗🤗 never even discovered forum views til I was home working with my laptop 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I haven't exclusively told anyone but not because I was trying to hide it haha, I just can't think of anyone in my life who would be interested in the information 😂 Couple of close friends know; they also watch Youtubers so they don't find it weird that I'm following some threads. (We used to lurk on GG but I didn't make an account there.)

Reactions: 4
My partner thinks I have joined a forum for Tatler magazine. Of course she then tried to put 2 and 2 together to make 5 in thinking I was looking for fashion ideas for her Christmas presents.

I haven't the heart to tell her the truth

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I'm just wondering how many of us on here keep Tattle a secret?

My friends and boyfriend don't know I'm on here, not because I'm ashamed (trust me, I'd say the things I say on here in front of them too) but the reason I haven't said anything is because I think it's quite nice to have a place where I can be me without people actually knowing it's me. I'm not the most confident, loud or outgoing person, in group situations I'm always the quietest. I think it's because I care too much what people think about me. There's something about being able to say the things I want to say to people who don't know me, without worrying they'll judge me because you don't know who I am. I'm not even sure if I'm making sense but I thought it would be interesting to know how many people keep the fact they're on here a secret!

Reactions: 5
I'm just wondering how many of us on here keep Tattle a secret?

My friends and boyfriend don't know I'm on here, not because I'm ashamed (trust me, I'd say the things I say on here in front of them too) but the reason I haven't said anything is because I think it's quite nice to have a place where I can be me without people actually knowing it's me. I'm not the most confident, loud or outgoing person, in group situations I'm always the quietest. I think it's because I care too much what people think about me. There's something about being able to say the things I want to say to people who don't know me, without worrying they'll judge me because you don't know who I am. I'm not even sure if I'm making sense but I thought it would be interesting to know how many people keep the fact they're on here a secret!
I used to be a social media tart back in the days of MySpace and early Fb, and I didn't care who knew.

But these days, especially the given the current woke momentum, I am a little more cautious with my coverage, and have subsequently dumped Fb, Twitter, Insta, MySpace and one or two other usual suspects (latest being Digital Spy). So now there's only this site, and perhaps one or two others that I frequent and indulge, but without giving too much away.

My girlfriend is very much the opposite - she love social media, and is quite indiscreet at times with her revelations that are supposed to be our little secrets. So not for the first time have we come to blows in terms of what we choose to reveal on social media or not. She spends far too much time flitting between her different SM sites to the point where I wonder if she's losing touch with reality and finds more satisfaction through the interactions and dramas of social media!

But I prefer to keep sites such as this close to my heart. I don't like the faux dramas, I don't like the thousands of "friends"; I don't like the politics behind how some SM sites operate.

I have only been a member of Tattle for a couple of weeks, and appears to tick most of those boxes, along with one or two others.

Anyway, I appear to have waffled on and on :oops:

Reactions: 1