Is it just me that HATES Primark???

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Am I the only one that hates Primark?

Firstly, I actually do not think Primark is that cheap.. I find H&M cheaper and considerably better quality! Everything I have ever purchased in Primark has developed holes or fallen apart with in one or two wears! I cannot think of one item that has stood the test of time.

Secondly, I just find Primark stores too busy, filled with people in my way!

Lastly, I just find the whole concept of ‘throw away fashion’ so horrendous. Having watched documentaries on how some of these cheaper items have are made and the factories allowing their dyes from the fabric to leak into river causing harm to locals and the environment!

And.... if I have to see one more influencer show their “Primark haul” I’m going to scream.... I don’t care what tat you have in your brown bag!

Am I alone in this?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I’m with you on it not being that cheap and the clothes are poor quality. Sizing varies wildly and everything shrinks!

I do still enjoy pottering around one though 🙈

Reactions: 8
I'm starting to hate Primark. As you say, it always really busy and I hate the concept of throw away fashion. My husband use to buys t-shirts from there (not any more as he found Sainsbury's quality a lot better) and then throw away a month later. He says that the fabrics seem to hold sweat and you can't get rid of the smell no matter how many time he would wash them. Lovely. I agree as I brought socks from Primark and it stained my feet. Also, the pyjamas from there always make me really itchy.
So yeah not a fan of Primark and I also massively prefer H&M. As you say, better quality - which I totally agree with.

Reactions: 7
I’m with you on it not being that cheap and the clothes are poor quality. Sizing varies wildly and everything shrinks!

I do still enjoy pottering around one though 🙈
Yes I find the sizing much smaller too!
My daughter was bought some Primark dresses for her bday and they were unbelievably poor quality!

Yes, I can see that. Ours is always so busy it’s too hard to get around.

I'm starting to hate Primark. As you say, it always really busy and I hate the concept of throw away fashion. My husband use to buys t-shirts from there (not any more as he found Sainsbury's quality a lot better) and then throw away a month later. He says that the fabrics seem to hold sweat and you can't get rid of the smell no matter how many time he would wash them. Lovely. I agree as I brought socks from Primark and it stained my feet. Also, the pyjamas from there always make me really itchy.
So yeah not a fan of Primark and I also massively prefer H&M. As you say, better quality - which I totally agree with.
Yes Sainsbury’s things always seem much better quality too! I find the men’s t shirts from Primark lose their shape so quickly.

Reactions: 5
I agree it's 80% tat. Some of the stuff is way out there too in design/colours ..they then sell it off for 50p when it bombs no one ever wants to buy it🙉 The stores are always full of crazy people elbowing you😂 it's always boiling, security guards who think they're nightclub bouncers.. The shoes give you a bunion and start flapping as soon as you cut the tag off.. poor sizing, I don't think any of it is built for fat people like me 😭😂 unless you count the see-through leggings .. They have started to address this though... cheap fabrics with faulty stitching..uncomfortable bras... I hate the children's clothing the quality doesn't compare to other brands. I do like the make-up however! For the money it's fab👍😂👍I have found a few nice things but I do feel on a whole, overrated.

Reactions: 9
Yes that’s so true about the security guards, they seem very stern for a women’s clothing shop!
I just walk in and see all these little crop tops and I have had two babies! No one is going to want to see my abdomen in a cropped item of clothing!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I agree it's 80% tat. Some of the stuff is way out there too in design/colours ..they then sell it off for 50p when it bombs no one ever wants to buy it🙉 The stores are always full of crazy people elbowing you😂 it's always boiling, security guards who think they're nightclub bouncers.. The shoes give you a bunion and start flapping as soon as you cut the tag off.. poor sizing, I don't think any of it is built for fat people like me 😭😂 unless you count the see-through leggings .. They have started to address this though... cheap fabrics with faulty stitching..uncomfortable bras... I hate the children's clothing the quality doesn't compare to other brands. I do like the make-up however! For the money it's fab👍😂👍I have found a few nice things but I do feel on a whole, overrated.
Perhaps I need to try their make up! Maybe that’ll swing me!

Reactions: 2
Yes that’s so true about the security guards, they seem very stern for a women’s clothing shop!
I just walk in and see all these little crop tops and I have had two babies! No one is going to want to see my abdomen in a cropped item of clothing!
I can't say I'll be sorry to see the end of the cropped trend 😭😂 I can't wear that style either!

Reactions: 7
I went to primary yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. Used to love it ! Oils always pick several outfits and bags and shoes and would often come away with a ‘haul’.

Not anymore, I struggled to find anything that wasn’t utterly hideous - patterns and prints and then bleeping SLOGANS like ‘Hogwarts is always HOME’ or ‘SLAY ALL DAY’

The prices weren’t that cheap and the quality was obviously poor. I said to my husband that it’s the last time I’ll ever shop there, and he agreed.

I don’t like the thought of fast fashion but don’t have the money to invest in high quality items all the time. H and M is the ‘old’ primark quality in my opinion so I’ll be shopping there

Reactions: 9
I went to primary yesterday for the first time in a couple of years. Used to love it ! Oils always pick several outfits and bags and shoes and would often come away with a ‘haul’.

Not anymore, I struggled to find anything that wasn’t utterly hideous - patterns and prints and then bleeping SLOGANS like ‘Hogwarts is always HOME’ or ‘SLAY ALL DAY’

The prices weren’t that cheap and the quality was obviously poor. I said to my husband that it’s the last time I’ll ever shop there, and he agreed.

I don’t like the thought of fast fashion but don’t have the money to invest in high quality items all the time. H and M is the ‘old’ primark quality in my opinion so I’ll be shopping there
Those slogans 🙄 I agree it's not even that low cost anymore. Love H&M! They have got a lot better with sizing and quality..

p.s your Tattle name has me 😂😂😂

Reactions: 4
When I was losing my weight I bought their leggings as refused to waste money on clothes as I was dropping sizes. Bought some white vest tops too and pjs are good value too. Everything else seems cheap and not very good quality clothes wise. The exception is underwear - Fantastic for my 11 year old who is now growing boobs 😂. Picking up bras for her for 2 quid after being measured in marks and Spencer’s .I love their sandals. Especially the sparkly ones. I picked up a cream bronzer there once and love it more than my Chanel soil de tan one. I pick up cotton pads too. A big pack for 50 p. Picked up some sparkly belts to dress up jeans on a evening night out.so some things are good but you have to selective. The aisles full of people make me want to turn into the hulk at times but now I tend to either go at opening or just before closing on a sunday.

Reactions: 4
I like their jeans, skinny fit are great and wash well.
My boyfriend has their hoodies for work.

That is all I buy from there, the rest is crap!!!

Reactions: 3
I used to love it too, used to buy loads. Bought a dress last Autumn and after I washed it once it had shrunk into a t-shirt and took me about 30 mins to iron out.

Bags always break, zip comes off etc.

Shoes are ok but take a couple of weeks and a few blisters before they’re ‘comfy’

Nail varnish is good! And underwear for kids.

Jumpers are around £12-15 which are more expensive than H&M / George etc and their quality is 10x better

Reactions: 3