Ioan Gruffudd and Alice Evans #2 From the frying pan into the fire, don’t risk your ex’s Ire!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They were together for almost 20 years (that's a really long time), married, 2 cute daughters - I would say the thought that he could ever leave her just didn't cross her mind. No matter how she behaved and he asked her to stop or limit her social media activities. All she saw was herself and her needs. That her husband, with whom she identified as one unit, would ever leave her was simply not an option. That he said he no longer loves her should have been a wake-up call. But obviously it wasn't. She is never guilty of anything and blames everyone else - now that he left her, she doesn't see that she could ever have done anything wrong. Everything is only his fault. Her friends on social media help her to maintain this attitude.
Just my interpretation. Only these two know the truth.
I believe her online behavior began the downward spiral of finally destroying the marriage. As well as the car park incident, and the Twitter behavior in 2020 which was particularly bad. Then publicly humiliating him by calling him a pussy. No wonder he refused to hug her! She seems to be very seriously mentally ill. And I take no pleasure whatsoever in saying this just so you all understand.

Reactions: 6
That b&w photo looks extremely photoshopped to me.

I’ve come up with a title for AE’s book she is planning on writing. “My 20 Perfect Years With a Narcissistic, Immature, Cold Hearted, Wimpy, Addicted, Mommy’s boy.” How can I have been so stupid?
I posted this like yesterday and deleted it because weed brownies make me anxious lol but I have a literary proposal and I invite anyone to tell me if it’s dumb:

AE pens a book of all of her deleted tweets and after you turn each page they disappear. 💀

Listen, I would invest my every cent into this book, I SWEAR. (If the ink disappears it can’t cost much to print, right?!)

• Haha
AE pens a book of all of her deleted tweets and after you turn each page they disappear
Maybe she should start using Snapchat?

I think she took him for granted. People get complacent in long term relationships. I honestly believe they would still be together if she showed some respect for him and his wishes. Too late now.

Reactions: 10
But in all seriousness, I do get troubled catching glimpses of her instances of substance misuse on social media. 😕 I was a drug addict for 4 years until 2020 (pills, which I called “pearls”…username make sense now? lol) I’m not looking to speculate, here, but I see a lot of threads between us in terms of making incredibly impulsive decisions with the hope of feeling immediate relief, and it is suuuuuuch a rocky road. Like, when you have easy access to dangerous things or (separately) harmless things that become dangerous when combined—things that make you feel better for a minute but consequently desecrate your sense of judgment and emotional stability—it’s not good. She should learn to channel those emotional episodes through avenues that actually won’t duck her over, and echoing all of y’all for the ten-millionth time…it starts with hopping off the socials.

• Heart
She has a nanny. It drives me nuts that she says she's raising the kids "alone." And she wrote a rather embarrassing post about the nanny to get likes.
I wonder if she thinks that him taking work elsewhere isn't an option. Can you imagine...an actor gets offered a part for a great, well-paying gig (like a lead) that can keep his family sustained for a long time. But he says no thanks I will only take parts that are filmed geographically close to where I live or I can get to easily. This is a totally unrealistic scenario. They are actors. It's what happens and they know that going into that business AND their relationships. If she would have gotten offers that were comparable in pay to his, I can guess that they would have agreed that she would take them.

I also wonder if she has consider that having a mate who is gone for long periods of time for not-so-great pay is something some parents do often and millions have done just that since 9/11. She is not the only one who has been in this situation. I'm not saying it's easy and I do have sympathy for her or anyone going through our has gone through this situation.

• Heart
Love is blind. I found the nasty email he sent fans back in 2006. He was p whipped for sure. He also sounds like a nervous Nellie, "state of shock" :LOL: After it was posted the fans were mostly disgusted and the email was quickly erased.

Dear all,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter. I was utterly aghast and in a state of shock when I discovered the unpleasant and sometimes vitriolic comments that were being leveled at my fiancée Alice when I recently observed the community forum on ‘ioanonline’. I find it hard to believe that people who have supported me so ardently over the years would behave in such a despicable manner.

I have never been happier since meeting and falling in love with Alice and I am overwhelmed with excitement about getting married to the woman of my dreams.

I am aware that it is always a small minority that gives the majority a bad name.

I wish to thank those of you who continually support everything I do in such a positive and passionate manner, and I implore the few of you that sullies the good name of the majority to put an end to this practice that has brought such heartache to me personally.

Regards

Ioan

Heartache? More like earache from AE which he wanted to stop.
She probably wrote it and made him publish it. It has the same dramatic flowery language she likes to use.

Yes, what a bunch of verbal garbage. Did you see the other blog post he did about another AE "abuser"? This one aimed against a Phd, psychologist and author Ann Buscho. She sounds completely reasonable, educated in the subject matter and obviously an expert in divorce matters.

I recommend reading this first - her open letter to AE in the very reputable Psychology Today:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...03/open-letter-alice-evans-about-your-divorce

Alice's FM 3 about Ann Buscho: https://www.cassandracomplex.org.nz/post/invalidating-concern-troll-ann-buscho-trolls-alice-evans

This guy is really a piece of work. smh
She obviously sets Google alerts for her name. How else would she come across that article and the other articles that don't make the front page of the Dailymail.
I also think she hires paparazzi (Splash is supposed to be one of those companies) tho the shots of her are never flattering. There was a bizarre article last week where she got into a fender bender with someone and was caught driving barefoot. She was crying hysterically and looked like a crazy lady. Splash took the photos. She's really showing Ioan what he's not missing.
**I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm a lurker to ae's Twitter and IG, and she provided free advertising for this site.

She probably wrote it and made him publish it. It has the same dramatic flowery language she likes to use.

She obviously sets Google alerts for her name. How else would she come across that article and the other articles that don't make the front page of the Dailymail.
I also think she hires paparazzi (Splash is supposed to be one of those companies) tho the shots of her are never flattering. There was a bizarre article last week where she got into a fender bender with someone and was caught driving barefoot. She was crying hysterically and looked like a crazy lady. Splash took the photos. She's really showing Ioan what he's not missing.
**I didn't properly introduce myself. I'm a lurker to ae's Twitter and IG, and she provided free advertising for this site.
Fwiw, I used to like AE when I saw her in The Christmas Card. I was shocked when I learned she didn't naturally have an American accent, because I thought she was really good. Her character was also lovely. Art not imitating life in this case.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Love is blind. I found the nasty email he sent fans back in 2006. He was p whipped for sure. He also sounds like a nervous Nellie, "state of shock" :LOL: After it was posted the fans were mostly disgusted and the email was quickly erased.

Dear all,

It is with a heavy heart that I write this letter. I was utterly aghast and in a state of shock when I discovered the unpleasant and sometimes vitriolic comments that were being leveled at my fiancée Alice when I recently observed the community forum on ‘ioanonline’. I find it hard to believe that people who have supported me so ardently over the years would behave in such a despicable manner.

I have never been happier since meeting and falling in love with Alice and I am overwhelmed with excitement about getting married to the woman of my dreams.

I am aware that it is always a small minority that gives the majority a bad name.

I wish to thank those of you who continually support everything I do in such a positive and passionate manner, and I implore the few of you that sullies the good name of the majority to put an end to this practice that has brought such heartache to me personally.

Regards

Ioan

In my opinion, the letter seems to reflect a young man in love and frustrated with what he was seeing. Let's realize that he did thank the ones who supported him saying that they were many whose "good name" was sullied. I don't know. What would all of us do in the exact same situation?

How long after this did stop supporting the site? Or was it concurrent?

I feel really sorry for her 😟 There is something so vulnerable about her which really breaks my heart. I think she absolutely adored him and is now facing the idea of life without him, with no family support and “friends” like that Caroline Fereday who seems like total misery/fame leeches. Unlike so many famous people, including Ioan, she doesn’t seem to have a different outward version of herself to project so I think it’s just jarring because we are actually seeing a lot of the pain/rage/despair that any ‘normal’ person would have but every other famous person would try and hide.
I believe this is true. I believe her behavior is a result of her not having a version of herself to project. She doesn't have a filter. Some of that is a true biological issue. Some is a conscious choice. Motherly instinct should kick in to protect her children. She doesn't seem to see or understand that the trauma of divorce is worse on the kids than on the parents. It is commonly known that discussing or letting kids hear (or read either purposefully or accidentally) about any details about the divorce or split has a negative impact on the children. Sometimes severely. This is the part that many have tried to simply explain to her on social media to which she promptly shut down with an excuse that didn't make sense. I attempted to do just that but I wanted to do it privately and not for the public to see. I was hoping to reach her with kindness, concern, and understanding. I didn't have a chance to do that because the girls who run Ioan's fan site (of course we can't call it that anymore) got in the way. Like others, when I did try to show some compassion, it was met with anger and criticism.

I still believe that a parent who puts their child or children first, before their own interests or feelings, will at least try to cushion the blow so-to-speak. I have a lot of stories of divorce, including my own. I'm considering sharing some of them in a blog since they have all come to the front of my mind after knowing about Alice and Ioan's divorce. Some are still in the process, some are post-decree. I can say that in all cases, the ones in which the parties did not put the children first, things are not going well or did not turn out so great for the children.

If Alice or her followers are lurking here, they will likely know who I am. That's ok. I feel like I want to express my feelings and after reading a lot of this thread, I feel it's safe to do that here.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
LOL yeah, I would bet his website doesn't have much traffic. The guy who wrote the articles is her friend. At least on twitter. Alice knew in advance and even "warned" that one of the articles was coming. Actually, I was one that he hurled his verbal garbage at. His words don't make any sense and I think reasonable people can see through him, Alice, and her followers. Thank goodness you all do.

Reactions: 5
Maybe she should start using Snapchat?

I think she took him for granted. People get complacent in long term relationships. I honestly believe they would still be together if she showed some respect for him and his wishes. Too late now.
THIS! I see it happen in relationships all too often sadly, hindsight is a cruel thing. It doesn’t look like she has reached that point where she acknowledges this though unfortunately.

Reactions: 3
She has a nanny. It drives me nuts that she says she's raising the kids "alone." And she wrote a rather embarrassing post about the nanny to get likes.
I wonder if she thinks that him taking work elsewhere isn't an option. Can you imagine...an actor gets offered a part for a great, well-paying gig (like a lead) that can keep his family sustained for a long time. But he says no thanks I will only take parts that are filmed geographically close to where I live or I can get to easily. This is a totally unrealistic scenario. They are actors. It's what happens and they know that going into that business AND their relationships. If she would have gotten offers that were comparable in pay to his, I can guess that they would have agreed that she would take them.

I also wonder if she has consider that having a mate who is gone for long periods of time for not-so-great pay is something some parents do often and millions have done just that since 9/11. She is not the only one who has been in this situation. I'm not saying it's easy and I do have sympathy for her or anyone going through our has gone through this situation.
I mean, he is not big enough an actor to be able to pick and choose parts like that. Surely she, as an actor realises that he needs to take the work offered to him? Especially when she is not working, although she could surely do some bit parts in TV shows if she really wanted to maintain her career. She's in LA. They must always be churning out those made for TV movies- there are hundreds of them! I suspect she is just not reliable or stable enough to get work.

I say it again, the best thing Alice could have done was announcing it (although in a more neutral way, leaving his kids was clearly a lie, at least in the way people would define it, and framing it like this will backfire), that the move came from him could have been leaked via anonymous sources in tabloids, but even that wouldnt be needed, the tabloids always speculate first about the men having an affair (as it actually happened), so the narrative would have been on her side either way. And then just shut up about it and build her case while assuring her kids that no matter what happens mom and dad love them. When this came up the first time EVEN I thought that he was the bad guy, although I knew of all the other stuff. The fact that many many people didnt really know of them before this - and thus the majority will always assume the things that happen most commonly - is another advantage she just threw away IMO.

She claims that she does all this to defend herself, to not let herself by silenced, and so on and so forth, but all she does is making most people feel more sorry for him and seeing through her lies (because she isnt keeping track of them). Which is terribly unfortunate, because for all we know some of the things she says are true, and he gets away with it thanks to her being rightfully seen as a unreliable narrator. I really dont get what she tries to achieve: He isnt giving in to her demands or is more willing to have a good relationship with her if she is yelling about him online, it just drives him even further away. The legal threats will certainly be to a large extent related to her behavior. And her behavior is certainly weaking her case if they do get to court. It also potentially trashes his reputation and thus their livelihood. Playing this all out in public WILL hurt the children, she is absolutely delusional if she thinks otherwise. Yes, the fact that the divorce happened in the first place is hurting them too, but having the humiliation in public, mom and dad fighting (cause this is what will happen when she gets her wish and he does turn up at their house), mom supporting their fear that dad doesnt love or care about them & mom probably keep trashing dad in front of them (without a doubt the case, alone that she wanted to hijack a phone call to talk about issues in front of the kid, or the whole showing the 7 year old the newspaper article, or the eldes doign getting involved in her tactics are indicators besides the fact that she already does it in public) is just so much worse. EVERYONE in that field will tell her the same, as somebody said here she is otherwise reasonable when it comes to Science, why not here?

Seriously, there is no single advantage in her approach, except of getting pats from some people who dont know what a balanced approach is. The whole Weinstein comparisons btw are insane: Weinstein wasnt the (still involved) father of her kids, her main source of income and she didnt tell twenty different stories about him to contradict herself. The only downside in coming out against him was the danger to lose a source of income (which in some of the girls cases that came out about it was obviously a huge risk). But overall it had enough upsides. Especially since he was actually guilty for something really terrible. I dont even know at this point what exactly she is accusing Ioan of that isnt somehow the natural process of a divorce. And even if he did, there is always a better time for this

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I don’t know anything really of IG and AE bar this thread but just gave her a quick look on insta. All the posts of him seem to be ‘posting this quick before he sees’ or ‘he will hate me but here’s a post..’ or ‘I’ll be told to take this down..’ as a very personal and private person, I would hate it if my spouse was constantly posting photos of me without my content - it’s really uncomfortable. Not saying this was a reason which contributed to the split but it must have been frustrating for him.

Reactions: 9
I haven’t been following the ins and outs of this particularly, but my observation as someone that has read the email and read a few of AE’s tweets:-

-IG isn’t present as a father, clearly hasn’t been for a while, if we believe what AE has described.
- his email re the Wizard, should have been written on the Wizard? No?
- he overreacted to AE trying to facilitate a conversation over FaceTime about their daughter’s school.

All of the above screams selfish man child to me. He doesn’t want to engage with or about his children. Condescendingly asks AE to use the Wizard to communicate, but it’s ok for him to send her an email asking her to do this.

Don’t forget, his status quo is preserved - off gallivanting round the globe acting, whilst his wife stays at home and has to cope with the fall out. He doesn’t want to nor does he have to engage in the fallout.

That aside, AE’s reaction is, to me, typical of someone who has been the victim of emotional abuse. She has a strange obsessive bond to IG, and her reaction is of someone who is the victim of that person breaking that bond on his own terms.

AE needs to use what strength she has left, stop with the public posts, and rebuild her life on her terms. I feel very sorry for her. I also can see why she may not have been easy to live with, but I do wonder why…

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Listen to your (actual?) friends, Alice

I haven’t been following the ins and outs of this particularly, but my observation as someone that has read the email and read a few of AE’s tweets:-

-IG isn’t present as a father, clearly hasn’t been for a while, if we believe what AE has described.
- his email re the Wizard, should have been written on the Wizard? No?
- he overreacted to AE trying to facilitate a conversation over FaceTime about their daughter’s school.

All of the above screams selfish man child to me. He doesn’t want to engage with or about his children. Condescendingly asks AE to use the Wizard to communicate, but it’s ok for him to send her an email asking her to do this.

Don’t forget, his status quo is preserved - off gallivanting round the globe acting, whilst his wife stays at home and has to cope with the fall out. He doesn’t want to nor does he have to engage in the fallout.

That aside, AE’s reaction is, to me, typical of someone who has been the victim of emotional abuse. She has a strange obsessive bond to IG, and her reaction is of someone who is the victim of that person breaking that bond on his own terms.

AE needs to use what strength she has left, stop with the public posts, and rebuild her life on her terms. I feel very sorry for her. I also can see why she may not have been easy to live with, but I do wonder why…
that mail is on the wizard I believe. dont think that he overreacted: they likely have been told to only communicate over that way because that way you can document everything, and thus prevent somebody from claiming something that wasnt actually said or spinning it. That's probably why she doesnt like to use it because she tends to be uh....you know. He is currently not present because he works till november in Europe, before that he was for a full year in L.A (until August, so half a year into the divorce, he does have to work at some point, she herself admitted in the past that she wouldnt earn enough if she was the one working)

I would agree with your assumption of her reaction, if she would have been a somewhat calm lady before this, but she was always like this, just this time she is not attacking strangers but her husband, and she claims that he was wonderful until about a year ago so it's not like he made her that way all this time.

Agree with regards to the things you said about her having a obsessive bond with him probably making everything worse.

Last edited:
If AE is anything like my narc mum, then this will not have come out of the blue and she will have had numerous warnings. I imagine the conversations (multiple before his spirit was well and truly broken) went something like this.

IG: I’m not happy about when you did A.
AE: What do you mean? I haven’t done A. When did I do A?
IG: Well you did A on this date, and then on this date at this event you did A and then again 5 months ago you did A.
AE: OH MY GOD WHATS YOUR PROBLEM??!! HOW CAN HOU REMEMBER ALL THAT SO SPECIFICALLY??!!! ARE YOU KEEPING NOTES OR SOMETHING??!!! WHY DO YOU REMEMBER ALL THAT STUFF.
IG: You asked me when A happened.
AE: OH MY GOD LIKE YOU’RE PERFECT!!! YOU DID B, C, D, E and F!!!! YOU’RE AN AWFUL PERSON BECAUSE YOU DID ALL OF THAT!!!

Repeat for every time he tried to criticise something. There was probably a straw that broke the camels back moment where he caught her in a complete lie that even her gaslighting couldn’t cover and he had enough.
It happened with my parents - once you’ve seen that mask slip, you’re on the look out for the next slip. And then you remember all the stuff you’ve been gaslit about in the past and you find yourself unable to feel anything other than complete detachment from that person.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
If AE is anything like my narc mum, then this will not have come out of the blue and she will have had numerous warnings. I imagine the conversations (multiple before his spirit was well and truly broken) went something like this.

IG: I’m not happy about when you did A.
AE: What do you mean? I haven’t done A. When did I do A?
IG: Well you did A on this date, and then on this date at this event you did A and then again 5 months ago you did A.
AE: OH MY GOD WHATS YOUR PROBLEM??!! HOW CAN HOU REMEMBER ALL THAT SO SPECIFICALLY??!!! ARE YOU KEEPING NOTES OR SOMETHING??!!! WHY DO YOU REMEMBER ALL THAT STUFF.
IG: You asked me when A happened.
AE: OH MY GOD LIKE YOU’RE PERFECT!!! YOU DID B, C, D, E and F!!!! YOU’RE AN AWFUL PERSON BECAUSE YOU DID ALL OF THAT!!!

Repeat for every time he tried to criticise something. There was probably a straw that broke the camels back moment where he caught her in a complete lie that even her gaslighting couldn’t cover and he had enough.
It happened with my parents - once you’ve seen that mask slip, you’re on the look out for the next slip. And then you remember all the stuff you’ve been gaslit about in the past and you find yourself unable to feel anything other than complete detachment from that person.
This sounds completely plausible. I’ve noticed whenever anyone on Twitter criticizes her or questions her, she often says what do you mean? Then proceeds to “TELL ME” in all caps. Irl this would be screaming and raging, effectively making the partner afraid to say anything ever again. The fit throwing and fighting becomes not worth it. The partner eventually gives up, because nothing works. The partner eventually checks out completely.

Reactions: 9
AE has calmed down a bit since getting triggered by IG on the red carpet. I wonder what her next trigger will be? I looked at some photos of that event and although he looks very good I decided he also seemed stressed and uncomfortable. He kept his hands out of view which makes me wonder if he bites his nails when under stress. If this seems like I’m looking for things that aren’t there I’m not. I’m just notice things others may not.

Reactions: 2

Dear all,

Regards

Ioan

Thanks for sharing this!

I dunno, it does read like a young, frustrated person who’s struggling with maintaining a good reputation/camaraderie with his supporters, and defending his fiancée.

I personally would have stood more firmly by something along the message of, “Alice has read some commentary on here about her outfits and I understand it’s all in good humor but it does hurt her so we’d really appreciate if y’all didn’t do that going forward and just continue being the incredible and generous community you’ve always been.”

…I don’t know, something to that effect. I think pulling site funding and basically shutting tit down was a little aggressive and kind of a golden cyber-middle finger that probably shattered a few souls out there lol. (Can’t blame ‘em, of course—I like Ioan so any message along those lines would have knocked me on my ass in disbelief.)

Which DOES lead me to believe that AE was banging around in his noggin trying to get him to unleash HER wrath, not as much his. Not to say it didn’t matter to Ioan but, let’s be real, the hottest fire blazes from the fists of Alice Evans.

AE has calmed down a bit since getting triggered by IG on the red carpet. I wonder what her next trigger will be? I looked at some photos of that event and although he looks very good I decided he also seemed stressed and uncomfortable. He kept his hands out of view which makes me wonder if he bites his nails when under stress. If this seems like I’m looking for things that aren’t there I’m not. I’m just notice things others may not.
I have no doubt this is stressful for him. He used to grind his teeth at night even before this. I notice he wears a mask a lot so it's hard to read his body language.

Divorce is doubly hard if the ex goes public. I think AE is doing this to punish him.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
As I scrolled through his pictures on Getty images, I only noticed something very peculiar - unlike the other actors displayed next to him, he never changes his facial expression. His smile looks frozen in every picture. He looks almost like a wax figure at Madame Tussauds.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.