Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it’s a agree to disagree situation. You only have to look at her Instagram to know this isn’t out of the blue. You can’t expect someone to stay in a unhappy marriage just to not hurt the other person.
Everyone is different but airing it in public just isn’t the way to help herself. She needs a good support network to vent to. As for telling her children all about it, that’s very unhealthy

• Heart
Reactions: 11
In fairness she did stay completely silent between her announcing that they are still friends/loving him/discussing legal seperation (which seemed more upbeat even to him compared to her first reactions) and when the news broke that he filed for divorce, which was about 3 weeks later. She is only being really crazy ever since then in my opinion. Before that her reaction - while it's not like how I would recommend to react, especially the manipulative parts involving the kids - seemed relatively normal as a initial reaction and I did feel sorry for her.

We are lacking a bit context here to be fair: Normally the divorce can't have come as a surprise, but who knows what they were actually discussing. Maybe they agreed on a legal seperation in order to not throw away a 20 years relationship that quickly and then he changed his mind and wanted a full divorce (happens fairly often when a new woman is involved and she doesnt want you to be still legally married) without telling her, for example. She did say to somebody questioning how she couldn't have seen it coming that as long as there is hope you are still hoping. So if he kinda gave her hope again just to smash it again I can see why somebody would react this crazy, especially if you give a lot of importance to marriages.

He reaction is definitely not good. It's bad for her, for him and for the children. But we don't really know just how much he has pushed her into a reaction like this. Based on her past record I would say it's just Alice being Alice and the low tolerance she has to strangers ended with him completely when he filed for divorce (and I will stick to that opinion until proven otherwise), but who really knows?

Reactions: 4
In fairness she did stay completely silent between her announcing that they are still friends/loving him/discussing legal seperation (which seemed more upbeat even to him compared to her first reactions) and when the news broke that he filed for divorce, which was about 3 weeks later. She is only being really crazy ever since then in my opinion. Before that her reaction - while it's not like how I would recommend to react, especially the manipulative parts involving the kids - seemed relatively normal as a initial reaction and I did feel sorry for her.

We are lacking a bit context here to be fair: Normally the divorce can't have come as a surprise, but who knows what they were actually discussing. Maybe they agreed on a legal seperation in order to not throw away a 20 years relationship that quickly and then he changed his mind and wanted a full divorce (happens fairly often when a new woman is involved and she doesnt want you to be still legally married) without telling her, for example. She did say to somebody questioning how she couldn't have seen it coming that as long as there is hope you are still hoping. So if he kinda gave her hope again just to smash it again I can see why somebody would react this crazy, especially if you give a lot of importance to marriages.

He reaction is definitely not good. It's bad for her, for him and for the children. But we don't really know just how much he has pushed her into a reaction like this. Based on her past record I would say it's just Alice being Alice and the low tolerance she has to strangers ended with him completely when he filed for divorce (and I will stick to that opinion until proven otherwise), but who really knows?
The thing is, she seems to be trying to get people to slag her off in some kind of masochistic way. She posts something random, then it gets published in The Mail, people slag her off, she reads the comments posts them and they get published. People slag her off. The only way the press are getting stories about her is by following her on Instagram. It's like self flaggelation. She needs to be talking to someone else. If she hasnt got any friends, she needs to pay someone to listen to her.

Reactions: 5
tbh I always assumed her calling him grumpy and all that stuff and uploading images without him wanting to was some weird cute couple thing (they were that kind of couple), since he also joked about this. And she even was still doing it (last november) even after she already knew that he doesnt love her anymore (at which point you would assume that if you want to save your marriage you wouldn't do this anymore). But who knows maybe he was just putting up with this the whole time until he came to his senses. The dude always appeared massively p*whipped, just check out this interview about his engagement back in 2007 (from 02:45 on)

tbh I always assumed her calling him grumpy and all that stuff and uploading images without him wanting to was some weird cute couple thing (they were that kind of couple), since he also joked about this. And she even was still doing it (last november) even after she already knew that he doesnt love her anymore (at which point you would assume that if you want to save your marriage you wouldn't do this anymore). But who knows maybe he was just putting up with this the whole time until he came to his senses. The dude always appeared massively p*whipped, just check out this interview about his engagement back in 2007 (from 02:45 on)

He had been seeing her 7 years, I don't blame her for giving him a ultimatum. Most women by a certain age do start wanting children, and a husband, especially if they have been together that long. I think she is hyper sensitive, but also a mum, who had had a good career herself and put her kids first and his career was flourishing. Did he ever suggest he be the stay at home dad, or if she was offered roles along side his that were less paid, did he mock it. She seems to have been fucked over by him and his career, and she lost hers too, her self of identity, her desires. And yes she probably was frustrated, depressed, irrational. I stand with her.

Reactions: 6
Agree with you re Jennifer Aniston. Compared to the Chris Evans ' how come hes still single? treatment it's all about how hes so choosy and no woman is good enough for him, yet JA gets the 'poor (barren) Jen' treatment. She doesnt need a bloated, alcoholic Brad Pitt and his 6 kids he isnt allowed to see, but apparently that is who she should take back! I wish more women in the public eye would just stand up for themselves instead of saying what their PR wants them to say, like JA clearly didnt want children, or she would have had them but she never said, actually I just dont want kids so tough. I know that contradicts what I've said before about Alice Evan's, but one is empowering and another is perpetuating the myth that you cant live without a man to her daughters and publicly shaming her husband into coming back to her.
Agree Jennifer looks happy and healthy. Brad's the loser here.

As has been said before Alice doesn't appear to have friends or close family to reel her in. Jennifer has always appeared to have a good group of girlfriends to support her.

Says a lot.

Reactions: 8
I've made it a bit of a habit since this blew up to check her IG every now and then, even if she isnt posting, because she often makes amusing changes to her bio that kinda tells something about the current state sometimes. this time it didn't really, but I noticed that she has now blocked her husband (until a few days ago they followed each other), which isnt anything special, but then I realized that their eldest daughter did the same (I presume Alice did that, but who knows). Could be of course that in reality he did that but he doesnt have much of a reason too. Either way either we see another subtle parental alienation attempt here, or the ship has already sailed in that regard (regardless whose fault it is). I really hope I'm wrong on that one.

Interestingly enough one of the girls that run his official facebook group (they were always closer to her, probably because she was generally engaging with them much more - they were criticising his lack of social media use even pre-break-up - they also engaged in some of the questionable stuff I mentioned that Alice pulled on twitter in the past, so you get an idea) complained the other day about him sending the girl a email where he presumably pointed out some critical tweets she made about him regarding his break up (no further details about the content of the mail was given). They do seem to know more: she has indicated in the past weeks that he would change his mind about whether he wants to stay a committed father every day, and that he would tell terrible things to his kids. It's probably things that Alice told them, so who knows if that's true given her record. But interesting regardless. On that note I find it pretty funny that the two times the guy managed to upset his main supporters were both times related to his wife, and for complete opposite reasons lol

I've made it a bit of a habit since this blew up to check her IG every now and then, even if she isnt posting, because she often makes amusing changes to her bio that kinda tells something about the current state sometimes. this time it didn't really, but I noticed that she has now blocked her husband (until a few days ago they followed each other), which isnt anything special, but then I realized that their eldest daughter did the same (I presume Alice did that, but who knows). Could be of course that in reality he did that but he doesnt have much of a reason too. Either way either we see another subtle parental alienation attempt here, or the ship has already sailed in that regard (regardless whose fault it is). I really hope I'm wrong on that one.

Interestingly enough one of the girls that run his official facebook group (they were always closer to her, probably because she was generally engaging with them much more - they were criticising his lack of social media use even pre-break-up - they also engaged in some of the questionable stuff I mentioned that Alice pulled on twitter in the past, so you get an idea) complained the other day about him sending the girl a email where he presumably pointed out some critical tweets she made about him regarding his break up (no further details about the content of the mail was given). They do seem to know more: she has indicated in the past weeks that he would change his mind about whether he wants to stay a committed father every day, and that he would tell terrible things to his kids. It's probably things that Alice told them, so who knows if that's true given her record. But interesting regardless. On that note I find it pretty funny that the two times the guy managed to upset his main supporters were both times related to his wife, and for complete opposite reasons lol
Eh this is why people should keep their fans at arms length. When you start communicating with them boundaries get crossed and it gets messy

To be fair he did (which is what they frequently complain about even), it was always his wife that pushed for more fan involvement, which is kinda ironic given those incidents they had in the 2000s with obsessive fans. But yeah, once you make fans feel special you create expectations in them that you likely dont want to fulfill, he has now done this mistake twice.

On that note one of Alice's friends claimed on twitter yesterday that Ioan would "utilize his children for his aim of a speedy divorce" and that this would be "abhorrent", no clue what they mean with that (I guess he might claim that it's the best for the kids' mental health if they dont drag into a long court case? they, including Alice, probably think the real reason why he wants that is to be able to freely move around with a new girlfriend asap), but it's kinda interesting that now that finally Alice managed to stay silent for a few weeks her friends took over, too bad that the press doesnt know them lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Eh this is why people should keep their fans at arms length. When you start communicating with them boundaries get crossed and it gets messy
Agree. Especially when they arent even her fans. If he wanted to intract with them, he would, but having his wife telling them whatever is a bit off, I think. It doesn't sound like he has asked her to manage his fan accounts for him.
Edit: It sounds like both of them were interacting personally with fans. That's a bit off to me. There should be a distance. Its concerning for fans too when people they essentially dont know start communicating with them. If an actor doesnt like what someone has said about him on his fan account, ignore it or put out a general statement.

guess he might claim that it's the best for the kids' mental health if they dont drag into a long court case? they, including Alice, probably think the real reason why he wants that is to be abl
The thing is it probably is best for the kids mental health if they have a speedy divorce. Maybe he is being a dick and wants to move in with his new girlfriend, but you can do that without getting a divorce!

do we think she’s been advised to stop the SM crazy behaviour and is now sock puppeting via her chums?
where were her chums all this time? She said she had no one to talk to, but suddenly now has?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
do we think she’s been advised to stop the SM crazy behaviour and is now sock puppeting via her chums?
I dont know. It's not the first time she managed to keep quiet (she did the weeks before he filed too). Given that in one of her last posts she mentioned that he cut off contact with her for now there might be simply no new "content" for her to be upset about lol. Those friends I mentioned have been dropping little nuggets for a while now anyway (another time they all accussed him of using his kids for a staged pap walk to boost his image while she spend the next day with them on a night out eating junk food but unlike him she had the class to keep it private lol). They are displaying the typical "I know the whole story but you all dont know, so shut up, but I wont tell you the whole story" behavior.

Agree. Especially when they arent even her fans. If he wanted to intract with them, he would, but having his wife telling them whatever is a bit off, I think. It doesn't sound like he has asked her to manage his fan accounts for him.
Edit: It sounds like both of them were interacting personally with fans. That's a bit off to me. There should be a distance. Its concerning for fans too when people they essentially dont know start communicating with them. If an actor doesnt like what someone has said about him on his fan account, ignore it or put out a general statement.
They actually are her fans too (apparently). They have fan groups for both of them, but obviously his is much bigger.

Agreed on the rest.

The thing is it probably is best for the kids mental health if they have a speedy divorce. Maybe he is being a dick and wants to move in with his new girlfriend, but you can do that without getting a divorce!
Apparently he has very strong religious beliefs. When he was in his early 20s his parents had to even rescue him from joining some sort of cult (lol). He didnt even had any relationship until he was 22. And he was the one who wanted to marry before having kids. Likely that he wants to do his divorce "proper" too then. And if not for his beliefs then at least for public image.

where were her chums all this time? She said she had no one to talk to, but suddenly now has?
In fairness she said in she has no friends in L.A. Those are all online friends I believe. Her best irl friends live in Australia (which yet again makes me question why they didnt just moved there given that he spend most of the last 3 years there anyway)

• Wow
Reactions: 2
fairness she said in she has no friends in L.A. Those are all online friends I believe
Really? So like if I said '@vikka agrees with me a lot on Tattle so she must be my friend' type friend, even though we've never met?? Shes lived in LA for 20 years! No mum friends from her kids school? No actor friends?

• Heart
Well, there are people like Piers Morgan's wife or Lady Victoria Hervey (double yeeks) to whom she seems to have a friendly relationship with, but guess they arent close.

Look at her behavior, the fact that she got enstranged from her father, step mom and brother (obviously all not her fault), and quite possibly soon from the father of her kids. It's about the easiest thing to believe of all the things she has claimed.

Alice has now deleted that one post from the beginning of their break up where she claims that they are still friends. This combined with the blocking thing and the fact that she hasnt been posting anymore for a while does make me indeed wonder if either her or his lawyer (by threatening to use everything in court against her) finally got involved. Could be similar to how Lisa Armstrong had to restore to simply only liking tweets once she wasnt allowed to talk.

Her daughter changed her bio to "I'm really sensitive, please don't be mean", could be totally unrelated to this, but if not maybe that's what finally got her to shut up (for now): We all knew (including her ex, probably) that her kids would at some point get grieve for this from school mates, even if she refused to believe that.

Her nanny's cancer got apparently bad now too, so these appear to be pretty bad times. As much as I disagree with her approach I wish her things to work out better than they currently appear to.

• Wow
Her daughter changed her bio to "I'm really sensitive, please don't be mean", could be totally unrelated to this, but if not maybe that's what finally got her to shut up
Her daughter is 11 isnt she? She shouldn't have social media especially if shes sensitive, and especially not a public account, and especially with famous parents!

Reactions: 24
I've always thought it was nice that she replies, until this whole divorce came about and I see that she replies to basically anyone who defends her; that probably makes her feel like people have her back in a situation where she doesn't seem to have friends and family close ( like others have said). I didn't stop to think how it might get messy(er) though, that's a good point.

Reactions: 5
That's how she should have handled it from the start tbh, maybe then they could have even have salvaged that relationship.

Also she seems to have unblocked him again, since the tags on the pictures of them together are appearing again. Let's see how long she will last in this more dignified form.

Let's see how long she will last in this more dignified form.
The answer is two days

Oh no!!

My husband is telling his lawyers that I am a neglectful parent. I bow unto my STBX husband but must honestly share thus clip as evidence that my offspring are as nutty as their mother.

It's 2AM in LA, so we all know what that means

also in comments (in Italian)

Q: Why is he doing this? He's gone bad! You're a wonderful mother.

Thanks, love. I don't know. It seems like he's more angry at the things I say to him, instead of the real things in life like this little video we made tonight that he didn't want to watch....
But seriously, if they are at that stage where he is telling his lawyer this stuff she will 100 % lose out on any custody fight, because there is just too much evidence out there that does in fact prove his claims (for the court at least). She is playing a very dangerous game here.

She's constantly pissed and that's not something Americans like. She's admitted on posts that she likes a glass of wine or 5.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.