Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yesterday she backtracked on her "the girls are crying every day" comment (not on the bit where she claims that he abandoned them, mind), and you would have almost thought that the girl is starting to come to terms with the situation (as a sidenote: if she can't remember that she wrote this on her Instagram just a few days ago I do worry about her)

Well, today she is back at it

To be fair at least the "came back one day and said [he] no longer loved you" bit makes it a bit more obvious that her whole it came out of the blue rant is referting to him telling her that last year rather than him breaking up a few weeks before he served her with the divorce papers (because that definitely wasnt out of the blue) - even if it's probably still not clear for the majority - and I actually buy that, even if I strongly suspect that she was very oblivious to red flags (like that one incident about her Social Media Use in the summer I mentioned a few pages back).

Obviously kinda heartbreaking if they had many plans, but that's actually not uncommon either. Many people try to save their marriage by agreeing to plan special holidays, but sometimes it's too late and they don't even get to do it.

Well, I guessed it right that she is going to try to make money out of this relationship (by writing a book) 🤣

She liked a post where somebody admitted that they can't watch his TV shows now that they know how he is, liked another one where they compare him to that rapist character he played once, a couple where they call him a narcissist/abuser. And she seems to hint in one comment that he is not speaking to her anymore on advice of his lawyer (that definitely seems to support my suspicion that they moved away from a collaborative divorce). Given what time it's in LA now she may well be drunk again, but this all doesn't bode very well.

(you don't need to check the British tabloids, Alice, just check what you posted the night before on Instagram)

Interestingly her "friends" (ironically people who run and still run his fan accounts) keep hinting on there being a lot more to it than those who defend him like to think and that at one point the truth will come out. If she is so hurt about mean Social Media comments maybe she should just tell the whole story? Feels like she is waiting for him to get caught with a different woman in order to get a whole story together (in the first post above she is still talking about not having been given any "answers" after all) or maybe it will be all revealed in her book, lol.
Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but the part about Deeside and Michael Owen??? I can't understand, it's so wild and so mad! She's unravelling rapidly

Reactions: 3
you don't need to check the British tabloids, Alice, just check what you posted the night before on Instagram)
This. The tabloids are trawling her instagram for her latest rant and printing it for clicks, then she is pressing the comments about herself and posting them on her instagram. It's like she wants to hate herself so shes giving everyone ammunition. I doubt the separation wad out of the blue. She was saying before he was never at home and theyd argued about her internet use, which she then relayed to everyone on the internet! Hardly sounds like sunshine and Roses

Reactions: 6
Honestly, I read her posts third hand (here or other sites) and I am geuninely WTF at the most of them. They are so random and disjointed and occasionally actually get to the point. If I were a betting woman I would say she's either furiously typing them out in anger (hence the disjointness/spelling mistakes) or she's had a skinful of drink (hence the ...oh you know).

Interestingly, my Mum went through what she has been through - a husband (19 years of marriage) making plans and saying he loved her, and then quite literally skipping out. Alice is lucky that Ioan is still appearing to be a committed father - many don't bother (my Dad included). My Mum was an absolute mess afterwards and at 17 I took over house management and bills etc whilst she processed it, but she never ever spoke ill of my Dad, even to this day. Granted there was no social media to rant to in the early 00's but my Mum behaved with dignity and pride.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yesterday she backtracked on her "the girls are crying every day" comment (not on the bit where she claims that he abandoned them, mind), and you would have almost thought that the girl is starting to come to terms with the situation (as a sidenote: if she can't remember that she wrote this on her Instagram just a few days ago I do worry about her)

Well, today she is back at it

To be fair at least the "came back one day and said [he] no longer loved you" bit makes it a bit more obvious that her whole it came out of the blue rant is referting to him telling her that last year rather than him breaking up a few weeks before he served her with the divorce papers (because that definitely wasnt out of the blue) - even if it's probably still not clear for the majority - and I actually buy that, even if I strongly suspect that she was very oblivious to red flags (like that one incident about her Social Media Use in the summer I mentioned a few pages back).

Obviously kinda heartbreaking if they had many plans, but that's actually not uncommon either. Many people try to save their marriage by agreeing to plan special holidays, but sometimes it's too late and they don't even get to do it.

Well, I guessed it right that she is going to try to make money out of this relationship (by writing a book) 🤣

She liked a post where somebody admitted that they can't watch his TV shows now that they know how he is, liked another one where they compare him to that rapist character he played once, a couple where they call him a narcissist/abuser. And she seems to hint in one comment that he is not speaking to her anymore on advice of his lawyer (that definitely seems to support my suspicion that they moved away from a collaborative divorce). Given what time it's in LA now she may well be drunk again, but this all doesn't bode very well.

(you don't need to check the British tabloids, Alice, just check what you posted the night before on Instagram)

Interestingly her "friends" (ironically people who run and still run his fan accounts) keep hinting on there being a lot more to it than those who defend him like to think and that at one point the truth will come out. If she is so hurt about mean Social Media comments maybe she should just tell the whole story? Feels like she is waiting for him to get caught with a different woman in order to get a whole story together (in the first post above she is still talking about not having been given any "answers" after all) or maybe it will be all revealed in her book, lol.
Blimey if this goes to court and she cant remember posting ramblings on Instagram, she is going to be slaughtered. Is she an alcoholic? Maybe the mediated divorce was suggested to protect her from the press if she has a drink problem.

Looks like it's been taken down now. It's 4 am in LA, she just posted she is having insomnia. I hope she pays her lawyer well, because that person will have a hard job in court if they really dont do the more amicable version of the divorce anymore. She is clearly too unstable for this.

her now deleted post for those who dont want to read the Daily Mail

This. The tabloids are trawling her instagram for her latest rant and printing it for clicks, then she is pressing the comments about herself and posting them on her instagram. It's like she wants to hate herself so shes giving everyone ammunition. I doubt the separation wad out of the blue. She was saying before he was never at home and theyd argued about her internet use, which she then relayed to everyone on the internet! Hardly sounds like sunshine and Roses
I agree, but I do believe her that she may have thought otherwise. Everything I saw of her over the years suggests to me that she severly lacks self-awareness. She probably thought whatever they had in their relationship was pretty normal when it probably wasnt for him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Maybe it's too early in the morning for me, but the part about Deeside and Michael Owen??? I can't understand, it's so wild and so mad! She's unravelling rapidly
It seems that she thinks in her own mind she got stick for marrying Ioan because she wasn't Welsh enough or something? Maybe one of those people who really can't identify faults in herself so clings to one thing that she is blameless for.

I definitely think she drinks. I've had a few struggles on and off with it and recognise the rambling where in your own mind you think you have a REALLY GOOD point but you definitely don't. Plus I found it sad when she said in one of the screenshots posted that she was sad Ioan had stopped drinking as he was more fun with a drink in him.

Reactions: 7
I feel sorry for Alive and other women like her, I almost feel angry on her behalf.

we are taught from a young age to aspire to marriage. Even seemingly progressive shows like SATC were all about getting a man. Having a husband and a man beside you is the be all and end all. Women in all sorts of media have their successes framed in this way. And to achieve this we are taught that our looks are our biggest commodity. How many high profile “supermodels”do we have compared to say academics, or sportswomen? How many high profile male models are there in comparison?

Many of my female friends were subtlety obsessed with finding a boyfriend and getting married. Many of them have good jobs, hobbies etc but ultimately the focus of their life is their husband/boyfriend. I have a friend who is a hard working, intelligent, beautiful doctor. She married the first boyfriend she ever had, even though he’s not particularly successful, intelligent or good looking and he doesn’t treat her especially well. He’s faithful at least, but he brings so little to the table. She accepts him though, because having a man is better than being single.

Not a single one of my male friends, meanwhile, has ever obsessed or worried about marriage.
Alice is of the generation that still tore women apart for going against the grain in any way. For daring to be promiscuous, for daring to speak out against mistreatment, for daring to have a dress size even slightly too large. She was an actress in the horrendous Weinstein era. She stepped aside as an actress for Ioans career to take off while she was largely a mother.

now she’s older and her beauty is no longer the valued asset it once was (in an industry that excludes women past the age of 35). To add insult to industry her husband is now leaving her. I don’t think Alice has been single since her early 20s. She’s always had a man and now she doesn’t.

she was taught her beauty and her marriage were the most important things about her and now it’s being taken away by time and maybe even another woman. Of course she’s confused and angry and distraught.

she should be able to shrug it off and tell herself she’ll find someone else, but she can’t. Because women as they age are dispensable, sometching that Ioan won’t experience as a man. Her attractiveness lessens as she ages apparently, and so too does her value. But he will still get roles and be deemed attractive.

tattlers, maybe we should think hard about this and how this damaging view is framing our own opinions. We expect Alice to be “dignified” and “quiet” because as women, we are expected to be as little trouble as possible. To conveniently disappear when required by our male peers. But why should she?

Alice is reacting as a result of all of the above factors on top of the emotional turmoil of rejection. Society has the gall to value women in their looks and availability to men, then derides them when that is taken from them. Alice isn’t the problem, her reaction is a byproduct of a much bigger one.

My advice is to stop the self destruct for her own sake. If Ioan behaves badly then she should absolutely call him out for it, but the best way to stick a middle finger up to a sexist society is to thrive as a successful, happy, middle aged woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
we are taught from a young age to aspire to marriage. Even seemingly progressive shows like SATC were all about getting a man. Having a husband and a man beside you is the be all and end all. Women in all sorts of media have their successes framed in this way. And to achieve this we are taught that our looks are our biggest commodity. How many high profile “supermodels”do we have compared to say academics, or sportswomen? How many high profile male models are there in comparison?

Many of my female friends were subtlety obsessed with finding a boyfriend and getting married. Many of them have good jobs, hobbies etc but ultimately the focus of their life is their husband/boyfriend. I have a friend who is a hard working, intelligent, beautiful doctor. She married the first boyfriend she ever had, even though he’s not particularly successful, intelligent or good looking and he doesn’t treat her especially well. He’s faithful at least, but he brings so little to the table. She accepts him though, because having a man is better than being single.
I wholeheartedly agree with you on this. Women and girls are told that having a man, no matter how well you do at school or how good your career is, this is the most important thing. It is a societal problem, perpetuated by films and to a large extent parents. Its only once you get older and have children of your own that you realise that 'happy ever after' doesn't stop at the wedding, like it does in Disney films.
However, Alice went into an extremely sexist industry and gave up her career voluntarily. The reason she doesn't get roles is because she gave up her career when she had children, to allow Ioan to pursue his, as many women do, as is their right, and they are priveleged to be able to do so, but the consequence of that is that you don't then have a career and you have made yourself dependent on your husband. There are plenty of actresses with children who work and many who have gone into production and directing to try and make changes in the industry. She hasn't. She is perpetuating the 'I need a man and I cant be single' trope, as well as the 'madwoman' trope by drunkenly spilling her every thought all over the internet and then backtracking on everything the next morning. I also think the supermodel/ scientist analogy is a false one. The whole point of supermodelling is to be in the public eye, whereas there are hundreds of female and male scientist who aren't role models because they just aren't in the public eye. I'm not saying there aren't still huge problems with sexism and perceptions of women, of course there are, but Alice is a poor example of this happening. She is perpetuating the 'I can never be happy without a man' myth to her daughters for a start.

Reactions: 11
tattlers, maybe we should think hard about this and how this damaging view is framing our own opinions. We expect Alice to be “dignified” and “quiet” because as women, we are expected to be as little trouble as possible. To conveniently disappear when required by our male peers. But why should she?

I think it’s been established several posts ago that nobody is saying what they’re saying about her because of a societal construct, it’s because she’s making a holy show of herself and actively dragging her kids into the fallout as well.

if the press was all “Alice confidently struts to get starbucks in LA with beautiful daughters” and she was obviously getting the paps to snap these shots to show SHE IS ABSOLUTELY FINE and RISING ABOVE that would be the more intelligent approach.

But what she’s doing and posting is making her look unhinged.

Reactions: 12
I don't mind her speaking up - even if I don't think it's in the best interest of anyone involved - she is probably terrified of a number of things that could happen (him having a new girlfriend and doing the same to her kids as her dad did to her for example) to the point that it may become a self-fullfiling prophecy. my problem is that I know that she is lying in significant parts (and even if you wouldnt know her backstory you could figure based on all her contradictions) and then you have to automatically doubt the other stuff she says. Of course women shouldnt be expected to always keep silent, but likewise they also shouldnt have the right to spread libel.

However, Alice went into an extremely sexist industry and gave up her career voluntarily. The reason she doesn't get roles is because she gave up her career when she had children, to allow Ioan to pursue his, as many women do, as is their right, and they are priveleged to be able to do so, but the consequence of that is that you don't then have a career and you have made yourself dependent on your husband.
She didnt really gave up her career as such. She has mentioned before that she doesnt want the kids to stay for more than a few nights without either parents, so she is just auditioning for guest roles or in LA-based productions, she has mentioned many times in the past years that she is auditioning, she simply didnt get any roles I guess.

I do wonder if she is using this divorce to raise her profile though. Ioan has lost many fans with this story, and the accusations thrown at him will not help him to get jobs. she didnt had many in the first place and has probably gained quite a few from the "femenist" crowd, and that's generally the jam nowadays, no matter what the actual context behind these kind of stories is.

I think it’s been established several posts ago that nobody is saying what they’re saying about her because of a societal construct, it’s because she’s making a holy show of herself and actively dragging her kids into the fallout as well.

if the press was all “Alice confidently struts to get starbucks in LA with beautiful daughters” and she was obviously getting the paps to snap these shots to show SHE IS ABSOLUTELY FINE and RISING ABOVE that would be the more intelligent approach.

Imagine she had kept silent and done only a couple of pap walks. She would look strong and confident. There would be still a chance that he regrets leaving her and comes back (no chance for this anymore) and if not likely somebody else will turn up that is attracted to a strong woman (now you need to be insane to get involved with her). And the kids would live in a calmer normality. If he gets caught with a different woman everyone will feel for you, but now many probably wouldnt even blame him. Silence is also usually killing the other party because you show them that they cant hurt you (likely something she is now suffering from him staying silent). Unless the husband has done truly horrible things it ALWAYS pays off to keep silent, I dont get why it's seen by so many as a bad or sexist thing. He is managing it too although she is totally trying to ruin his reputation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

i agree but... she is unhinged. Why shouldn’t she show it? Why pretend this hasn’t been devastating for her? Playing devils advocate here, I’m not criticising tattlers because I find this forum extremely funny, astute and welcoming. But I think it’s healthy to sometimes question why we think certain things.

there’s a lot to be said for having a stiff upper lip... and putting in a brave front. But it’s all pretense.

we can look at Alice and see how society lets women down utterly, how a husband and pretty face doesn’t equate to happiness. it’s painful to look at but it’s the reality. Don’t we all need to be conscious of this to be able to actively question it? If Alice and others like her just out on a brave face then we never have to confront the ugly truth.

i see Alice and think, I’m glad I didn’t constantly have a boyfriend in my twenties. I’m glad I broke up with boyfriends who weren’t great, even if I was scared of being alone. I’m glad I’ve learned to enjoy my own company and cultivate independence/hoboes/interests. I’m glad I have an identity out of my relationship. I’m glad I’ve spent time focusing on my career and no intention of giving it up. I plan on making sure I don’t value myself based solely on looks so even if my other half decides to up and leave me in middle age - it hasn’t be the sole focus of my life.

In other words, I’m sorry Alice is going through what she is. I hope she learns to grieve and moves on. I’m glad I can see her as a life lesson. I don’t want to see her doing Starbucks pap walks pretending to be happy for the sake of appearances - I want to see her getting a Starbucks and being *genuinely* happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I would certainly agree that things are still stacked against women, as they can judged for:
Having children and going back to work
Not having children
Having children and not going back to work
Being too thin
Not being thin enough
Being hot
Not being hot a lot

However, I was desperately insecure in my teens and twenties, and I really wanted and needed to get married, as I felt I needed to justify my existence, but it never happened for me (I'm a man btw). Saying that, maybe it' for the best......

• Heart
we can look at Alice and see how society lets women down utterly, how a husband and pretty face doesn’t equate to happiness. it’s painful to look at but it’s the reality. Don’t we all need to be conscious of this to be able to actively question it? If Alice and others like her just out on a brave face then we never have to confront the ugly truth.

i see Alice and think, I’m glad I didn’t constantly have a boyfriend in my twenties. I’m glad I broke up with boyfriends who weren’t great, even if I was scared of being alone. I’m glad I’ve learned to enjoy my own company and cultivate independence/hoboes/interests. I’m glad I have an identity out of my relationship. I’m glad I’ve spent time focusing on my career and no intention of giving it up. I plan on making sure I don’t value myself based solely on looks so even if my other half decides to up and leave me in middle age - it hasn’t be the sole focus of my life.
I think plenty of married women still maintain their interests, hobbies and independence. They're also allowed to feel devestated when somebody they chose to love decides they don't love them back anymore. It's not always through a fear of being able to cope without a man... I was mostly single in my 20s, didn't settle until my early 30s when I met a man who I felt was a complete equal in our relationship. I know I could be happy alone. But I'd still be absolutely gutted if he said he didn't love me anymore!

I also don't think women should have to be silent. I'm certainly an emotional person and would struggle, as Alice seems to be right now. I just hope I would be able to keep it between my friends/family or a counsellor if I had no immediate support, for the sake of my children. I am a big believer that kids should see their parents as flawed and human, but I imagine it could be quite distressing if they stumble across some of the things she's posting. Not least because they're old enough to worry about her edit: and especially worrying to all involved if she's also lying or at least altering the narrative to support her emotions - that will create so many long term problems for all involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I think plenty of married women still maintain their interests, hobbies and independence. They're also allowed to feel devestated when somebody they chose to love decides they don't love them back anymore. It's not always through a fear of being able to cope without a man...
I agree but usually the man and framing your identity around a man takes precedence over most other things. I know a woman who was really into gardening and yoga.. but stayed with her husband for years even though he had a plethora of issues and she wasn’t happy. When she finally decided to leave she was terrified of being alone - sure she missed him a bit, but mostly it was a lack of confidence in being by herself and a fear of how she would be viewed as “lesser” for being single.

Alice was in a relationship when she met Ioan so jumped straight into one with him. She also had to give him an ultimatum for marriage which suggests to me she isn’t comfortable being alone and that she was willing to push for marriage, to the extent of ignoring red flags.

Everyone mourns the loss of a relationship, but for women we are statistically also more likely to suffer from tangible pitfalls (usually financial) and also social ones. Look at how Jennifer Anniston is portrayed as a poor “unlucky” in love type when in reality she’s a multi millionaire, clever, successful, talented, interesting, beautiful woman full of personality. But what does the media focus almost exclusively on? Her love life (or lack of). How dare she exist and thrive without a man..!

Reactions: 12
I agree but usually the man and framing your identity around a man takes precedence over most other things. I know a woman who was really into gardening and yoga.. but stayed with her husband for years even though he had a plethora of issues and she wasn’t happy. When she finally decided to leave she was terrified of being alone - sure she missed him a bit, but mostly it was a lack of confidence in being by herself and a fear of how she would be viewed as “lesser” for being single.

Alice was in a relationship when she met Ioan so jumped straight into one with him. She also had to give him an ultimatum for marriage which suggests to me she isn’t comfortable being alone and that she was willing to push for marriage, to the extent of ignoring red flags.

Everyone mourns the loss of a relationship, but for women we are statistically also more likely to suffer from tangible pitfalls (usually financial) and also social ones. Look at how Jennifer Anniston is portrayed as a poor “unlucky” in love type when in reality she’s a multi millionaire, clever, successful, talented, interesting, beautiful woman full of personality. But what does the media focus almost exclusively on? Her love life (or lack of). How dare she exist and thrive without a man..!
Agree with you re Jennifer Aniston. Compared to the Chris Evans ' how come hes still single? treatment it's all about how hes so choosy and no woman is good enough for him, yet JA gets the 'poor (barren) Jen' treatment. She doesnt need a bloated, alcoholic Brad Pitt and his 6 kids he isnt allowed to see, but apparently that is who she should take back! I wish more women in the public eye would just stand up for themselves instead of saying what their PR wants them to say, like JA clearly didnt want children, or she would have had them but she never said, actually I just dont want kids so tough. I know that contradicts what I've said before about Alice Evan's, but one is empowering and another is perpetuating the myth that you cant live without a man to her daughters and publicly shaming her husband into coming back to her.

Agree with you re Jennifer Aniston. Compared to the Chris Evans ' how come hes still single? treatment it's all about how hes so choosy and no woman is good enough for him, yet JA gets the 'poor (barren) Jen' treatment. She doesnt need a bloated, alcoholic Brad Pitt and his 6 kids he isnt allowed to see, but apparently that is who she should take back! I wish more women in the public eye would just stand up for themselves instead of saying what their PR wants them to say, like JA clearly didnt want children, or she would have had them but she never said, actually I just dont want kids so tough. I know that contradicts what I've said before about Alice Evan's, but one is empowering and another is perpetuating the myth that you cant live without a man to her daughters and publicly shaming her husband into coming back to her.

one is empowering and another is perpetuating the myth that you cant live without a man to her daughters and publicly shaming her husband into coming back to her.
Yeh agreed. I guess for Alice it’s been a rude awakening and it might take some time for her to snap out of that mindset

Reactions: 2

But she’s not ‘absolutely fine’ - she’s shell-shocked, bewildered and in despair. If you don’t like or at least understand where she’s coming from then scroll past. I feel deeply sorry for her, she had a decent career but gave it up to care for children while he got on with his life, not the only woman this has happened to by a country mile but I for one understand her outbursts

Reactions: 4
But she’s not ‘absolutely fine’ - she’s shell-shocked, bewildered and in despair. If you don’t like or at least understand where she’s coming from then scroll past. I feel deeply sorry for her, she had a decent career but gave it up to care for children while he got on with his life, not the only woman this has happened to by a country mile but I for one understand her outbursts
Re read my post. It’s not about her being absolutely fine, it’s about how she could consider acting with dignity instead of blarting every befuddled though all over the internet.

she could have media orchestrated this to her advantage I think, instead she’s just making herself (and her family) tabloid fodder and clickbait for the wrong reason.

As someone who’s had a marriage collapse under her, I know how catastrophic it can be. But this is not the way to behave in any way when there are children to consider.

Finally, I don’t think this is the type of site where you advise people to “scroll on” if they’ve got an opinion on something, else it would fundamentally cease to exist.

Reactions: 5
Re read my post. It’s not about her being absolutely fine, it’s about how she could consider acting with dignity instead of blarting every befuddled though all over the internet.

she could have media orchestrated this to her advantage I think, instead she’s just making herself (and her family) tabloid fodder and clickbait for the wrong reason.

As someone who’s had a marriage collapse under her, I know how catastrophic it can be. But this is not the way to behave in any way when there are children to consider.

Finally, I don’t think this is the type of site where you advise people to “scroll on” if they’ve got an opinion on something, else it would fundamentally cease to exist.
Not everything we see needs a comment is my thought process. duck dignity when a complete tosser treats you like garbage - in the moment she’s doing what she needs to to get through. At some point she may well consider it was the wrong thing to do - but being authentic is pretty ideal

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.