Ioan Gruffudd/Alice Evans

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bloody hell, @welp, that is some stellar detective work indeed. Talk about bringing the receipts!

Sad story all round, but interesting to see a backstory of sorts.

Reactions: 19
Yeah,I'm sure Ioan isn't perfect but you'd have to be a fuckin saint to put up with all that.She sounds like she may have some kind of metal illness/personality disorder.

Reactions: 15
It was me that started this thread and I think I probably labelled Ioan a complete tit (to be honest I dont get a sincere vibe from him but that is probably from watching the characters he plays - sorry Ioan you might be an absolute gent).

But she is crazy, I was a little sympathetic until she said she showed the youngest daughter
an article about them splitting and I thought that was truly awful.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors but he has remained silent for the most part and I think that is a good thing asshe would just twist anything he says.

Those poor bleeping kids watching this tit storm unravel around them.The best thing she could do is get off social media and consider her children.

Reactions: 18
I've been sideeying this hard ever since the news broke and have been meaning to make this write up ever since then because the press doesnt seem to know much background, and I can't say that I'm really convinced of her side of the story (which is the only side we get). I have been following her for a while on twitter because she always had kind of a reputation (and I was always amazed how a guy like him had been this long with her, which made me question if he really is as nice as it appeared), so this is going to be a tad long, so apologies in advance, but it may help to put things into perspective.

Many people say that she acts like this because the break up made her emotional and thus her reaction is understandable and his fault, but the truth is that she was always like this.

This one here was about two years ago: she started randomly attacking a twitter user with a good following (apparently because he blocked her or something) and then acted like she was attacked. by other users too, apparently, but it was so damn weird, nobody got what the hell she was going on about, and this went on for three whole days, ending with her threatening to commit suicide while she was home alone with the kids (that's a album with 8 images, I ran out of pictures for this post, lol)

This was about a year ago her reaction to somebody parking in the wrong parking spot

Before they got married he shut down his own fanwebsite because people were making negative comments about her outfits. He isnt very tech-savvy, so everyone figured that she was behind it. There were also strong hints about her acting extremely toxic on imdb boards and other places about his projects

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/12026293.html

She even showed signs of her craziness last summer against him. She had during lockdown many politically questionable conversations, like these ones:

which earned many reactions in the tone of "This is Ioan Gruffudd's wife, wtf?", and even some relatively well-known influencers questioned him about his wife's behavior (by tagging him, he didnt reply, he has been pretty much inactive for two years). Not too long after this she mentioned on her twitter that her husband wants to discuss with her whether she should delete twitter, which earned him quite a shitstorm, instead of defending him for having good intentions (her own mental help, preventing to get cancelled and thus running into existence issues, etc.) she accussed him of only caring about his career. This incident alone makes me question how she thought that it all came out of the blue tbh.

M6ygJQZ.png

29APkgv.png

bbrZViO.png

coincidentally or not, this also marks pretty much the point from which on he always looked miserable on all her IG posts, she even commented back on some of those a couple of weeks ago (her side probably thinks that it matches with him coming back from Australia, and it likely means that he met somebody there, but he actually was just two weeks there in August because production was suspended due to Covid in march)

Z9nlu4b.png

aMB7U8z.png

yA9AwVg.png

And let's not forget her essentially inflicting emotional abuse on her 7 years old by showing off the newspaper article about the divorce.

The thing is also, not only she is kinda crazy, she is also very unreliable in her tellings, and it's also showing in this divorce. She started off with claiming that he leaves his kids too (not only in her initial statement but also later by saying that she isnt seeing him coming back to "us"). But turns out he applied for joint custody, spends time with them (they even were spotted by paps) and she even kinda complained lately about how the lawyers want to propose the custody plan.

Then there is the whole thing with him "suddenly" dumping her (which she contradicted herself quickly, by saying that it was 6 months of "yes/no/maybe"). Leaving aside the little story I mentioned above (and I'm sure there must have been other cracks in private too, even if she may have been oblivious to it), she in fact tweeted back in september that he told her that he no longer loves her!

rHrYCb0.png

Given that the divorce papers state New Years Day as the seperation date (which is still much earlier than what she claimed in her original statement) this means that he gave them 3 months to try to re-ignite any feelings (or well, that's maybe how long he thought he needs to sit out at least until it's perceived reasonable for him to go, idk). And her behavior during these months in public was actually not any different to anything else before, she was talking a lot about him in a lovely way. But she was also occasionally dropping hints

yVGnG4F.png

AFyhTm8.png

There is no doubt that the seperation date in the divorce papers are about correct. I do remember her having between christmas and new years eve a meltdown on Instagram about her relationship. She was posting a not-seen-before(I guess?)-video from their anniversary in september where they attempted to take a selfie. And he just kept adjusting his hair and corrected a wrong thing she said about how many years they've been married. She appeared irritated to both of these things which seemed a odd thing to be upset about. She captioned that video with a lot of confusing stuff (partly due to grammar, so probably drunk) and the only thing I really remember from this is her saying that in hindsight it was so obvious that he rather wanted to be anywhere else than besides her, especially since he also told her not too long after this video was taken that he no longer loves her (matches with the tweet further up). And people in the comments were confused as hell, some were calling them cute, wishing them well, others were asking if they broke up, and others were agreeing with her that he was rude to her in that video (he definitely wasnt!). She also added a Instagram story with a standstill of that video and yet again tons of confusing heartbreaking tit written there that I dont remember, I only remember her closing it up with "he says I dont have any friends". All of this was erased before the tabloids could have noticed.

It was pretty clear in the then following weeks that she had to bite her tongue to not reveal it. One time she posted in the middle of the night a (quickly deleted) video of her alone in bed (maybe he was filming, but she normally tells everyone when he is gone) babbling confusing tit for example. Here a couple more examples from january

4xtJEiY.png

Here she had a breakdown, about which she couldn't talk "yet"

0jbMLjh.png

This one is particulary interesting the OG tweet asked people what are things they dont take for granted anymore. And anyone loving her ever again was her response, later somebody said that this doesnt sound good and she replied something along the lines of "I nearly came out with this tonight, let's say I'm being gaslit" (obviously she deleted that one)

ntrQ49l.png

This one was a tad awkward, because many people said stuff like "but you have your husband", must have been awful.

Also not to forget that she even claims that the divorce came out of the blue, despite telling a few weeks before this that they discuss legal seperation (which to be fair, isnt quite the same as it leaves the door open for them to get back together, but still), but given that he put a Collaborative Lawyer on the case it seems very unlikely that they would file a divorce without both parties knowing that it's a divorce. And he was also papped with lighting equipment arriving at home somewhere between him moving out and filing for divorce: Maybe to shoot pictures to sell the house since both of them will need something smaller? idk, but if so, that's something you typically discuss when you are divorcing.

Bottom line of all this, it wasnt sudden, at least not in the way she originally portrayed it. Maybe it felt sudden to her that he told her that he no longer loves her, but she didnt mention that this stuff happened in september, everyone assumed he just dropped the bomb out of nowhere with a one week notice to move out, and I'm sure she was aware of what she is doing there.

The other aspect is her claims of him being abusive. You can't really claim that something comes out of nowhere, that you had "20 perfect years" and you can't show being obviously desperate to win him back (even admitted as much: "I'm still fighting against this") while simulatously claiming that in fact he was extremely horrible. She actually contradicted herself within minutes in that exact aspect a week ago (see the two screenshots down). She even said that SHE should have left much earlier which turns her whole rant ad absurdum, doesnt this mean that he actually did her a favour by leaving, huh?

9kAwfOg.png

hAdhmkc.png

I can definitely picture him being "suddenly" a ass during those few months of "trying to work it out", when you check out mentally and you told your spouse already who is still desperately hoping it's pretty natural to act toxic in order to get out, unfortunately. And I can definitely also picture him cheating on her, in fact I'm sure that he cheated: he was the past 3-4 years nearly the entire time away, with fading feelings and he is a good looking fella, it would be a miracle if he wasnt. And him filing the divorce papers this quickly is also suspicious (although I'm not sure if he really has somebody currently)

I can definitely see him being horrible too, but it's extremely hard to say, no one of us actually knows what went on between them. But he doesn't have any negative record before this, her story is inconstistent, and she instead has a reputation. And her accusations against him are actually things that can be seen as him actually doing things (I'm leaving the gaslighting accusations out, because she just didnt told us what exactly he did) for the kids' sake (which also matches with him not saying anything): Him shutting her off twitter is definitely for the best, it would just cause even more trouble and pain for the kids if their mother has a even easier way to slag off their dad, and him "lying" to the kids about the divorce too (they are kids, you really should be careful how to tell them things), and him going for a collaborative divorce as well. If he was really evil he would take this to court, with all her Social Media Post as evidence, and he likely would get sole custody. But he isnt. Okay, you could argue that it isnt in his interest to have full custody, and his silence might be just him trying to reduce the negative press and making him appear like a good dad. Very possible, but both options should be considered here.

It's definitely possible that he is just telling the truth and he really fell out of love (that's a lot more noticable in lockdown than when you are all the time away, and she is crazy enough for someone to just wanting to get out of it even if there is no comfy bed available yet). In fact they were already hints about two years ago that she may not be the person anymore he thought to have married

8FSXZya.png

and the time he seem to have given her between confessing and walking away seems fair to me. I really fail to see how anyone can accuse him of foul play with any certaincy. He definitely deserves the benefit of doubt.

My point is, we only have one side of this story, of a party that has a questionable record which she has shown in this divorce too. She is very unlikely to be a innocent victim here. Even in the unlikely event that she was the perfect lovely wife irl what she has been doing since the announcement by trashing her kid's father in public and being very open about it to her kids, is far worse than anything he may have done. The only interesting aspect of this story is to find out if he is a victim, or if both are horrible people, who induced massive pain on their poor kids. The jury is out on that one to me, and ngl, his side of the story (even if that one would likely not be the full truth either) would be interesting, but I doubt that we will hear this.

I'm really struggling to see what endgame she is trying to achieve. If she wants to have him cancelled she and the kids will suffer from the lack of spousal/child support too (unless she starts dating a rich guy, but then again I can imagine many staying away from her seeing how she reacts to break ups - or maybe she thinks that this will ignite her own career), on top of the emotional pain by slagging off the kids' father. If she is trying to win him back (which she admitted to want at least until when the news of him filing for divorce broke) she is achieving the opposite: any guilt he might have had has certainly vanished by now. If you try to lure somebody back you either use the kids to guilt trip somebody (which she tried at the beginning) or you pretend that you are completely fine with everything which will cause jealously to the other party IF they still feel something (I do wonder if she is doing this now after he latest posts werent about him anymore and after she went out for the first time).

I feel like she knows that there isn't much to tell at this point, and she is just waiting for a "other woman" (if she exists) to appear in order to create a better narrative (although, to be honest, I reached a point where I wouldn't really blame him if he was cheating): she has already sold her IVF and Weinstein story to the tabloids in the past, wouldnt be surprised if she does the same here.

I actually dont think that she is intentionally lying (whatever the truth is, she is, otherwise she wouldnt contradict herself this much): in break ups spouses tend to have very different and confusing perspectives of how things have happened, usually exagerating the spouses flaws and being oblivious to their own, and it's usually not matching with what a third party would see. Which is the exact reason why (besides protecting the kids) break ups shouldnt be discussed in public unless very clear abuse has happened.

Well, whatever, I hope this cleared some stuff up. I'm not claiming to know anything about how their relationship really was, maybe she really was innocent and for once she isnt crazy because that's the way she is, but because her husband pushed her to it, possible. but as a third party seeing her twitter over the years and now seeing how she acts here I prefer to take her story with a grain of salt. I don't even want to be mean to the girl, she is certainly heartbroken no matter what the truth is, and she needs real friends that genuinely care about her and are reasonable, and tell her when she needs to stop (ironically it looks like only her husband was ever that kind of person), but it appears she doesnt have those kind of friends, which is sad. She had mentioned straight after the break up announcement that she is already through 4 therapists (deleted that, obviously), so it doesnt appear like she will change any time soon.
Frikkin fantastic!!

Thank you for all of this!!

On Ioan... I'm not going to defend him (per se), since nothing has been said from his side (except his dad who spoke out and said their marriage had been in trouble for a long time, which was hardly a secret since Alice kept writing about it herself on social media!!!) and I don't know what the gossip is about him, what he's like at work and in private.
Could be true what she says that he likes to drink etc.

But her being crassly unhinged and apparently deep into alcohol (and possibly pills) has been written about since news about them broke, like also the stuff about the fan site and how she would go on unhinged rants on Twitter and attack people and what we see in this brilliant post shows some of that and I'm certain that's the tip of the ice berg.

What was also clear from literally everything was that the divorce was no suprise nor the fact that Ioan said he didn't love her anymore, as awful as that is, but by all accounts their marriage has gone to tit years ago and he said that last September, which seems when they had talks of trying (again). I really think he's come to the end of his rope and made the best decision for himself and possibly the kids, he seems stable and she seems very unstable and I think he'll be much happier and the kids have a stable home with him, though let's see whether there's any dirt on him.

I thought it rather unfair and unlikely in this scenario to immediately brand him an adulterer, who (as "typical") leaves his wife for "a younger model" and some nasty comments on Alice's appearance and if she'd watched her weight he wouldn't stray (no surprise, read that in the fail comments section).

I was from the start under the impression that this divorce is a case of "we tried, doesn't work, it's best to separate", no involvement from outsiders.

If Alice is this unhinged online, shuts down his fan site (which he used to support, I think even financially), trolls and attacks strangers online and tries to sic others onto these people she cyber bullies, then imagine what it must be like to live with someone like this, when not only their character appears to be off, but they seem to have a dependancy issue with alcohol and possibly pills.

Remains to be seen what he is like (does anyone know?), but so far I have full sympathy for him and think he's removed himself from a pretty toxic person.

I am also under the impression that Alice tries to smear Ioan with anything that comes along and just goes with any speculation and tries to add her own rumour to brand him with.

She has via Twitter and Insta tried to say:
He's controlling
An addict
Neglectful
A non-present father
Has left her for another woman (which was popular commentary in the fail and the dm tried that angle in one of their articles as pure speculation, probably picked up through readers' comments section)
Is abusive
Puts his career above her and their kids

Some of these were at times contradictory and disproven (eg pap pics of him with the kids) and her behaviour (over the decades at this point!) actually points at her being like some of these accusations (controlling (fan site shut down), addicted (alcohol at the least), neglectful (which is common for an addict, I mean getting black out drunk but it's fine because the nanny's coming in early..), which is all pretty abusive).

Him taking away her Twitter was the best thing he did for her, their kids and himself.
But she uses this to spin the narrative of this being proof of his controlling behaviour and abusive tendencies...

Like I said, it's well possible he has some shyte sticking to him/isn't the best person, but I'd say it's pretty clear she's a horror.
The judgement is still out on him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
I've been sideeying this hard ever since the news broke and have been meaning to make this write up ever since then because the press doesnt seem to know much background, and I can't say that I'm really convinced of her side of the story (which is the only side we get). I have been following her for a while on twitter because she always had kind of a reputation (and I was always amazed how a guy like him had been this long with her, which made me question if he really is as nice as it appeared), so this is going to be a tad long, so apologies in advance, but it may help to put things into perspective.

Many people say that she acts like this because the break up made her emotional and thus her reaction is understandable and his fault, but the truth is that she was always like this.

This one here was about two years ago: she started randomly attacking a twitter user with a good following (apparently because he blocked her or something) and then acted like she was attacked. by other users too, apparently, but it was so damn weird, nobody got what the hell she was going on about, and this went on for three whole days, ending with her threatening to commit suicide while she was home alone with the kids (that's a album with 8 images, I ran out of pictures for this post, lol)

This was about a year ago her reaction to somebody parking in the wrong parking spot

Before they got married he shut down his own fanwebsite because people were making negative comments about her outfits. He isnt very tech-savvy, so everyone figured that she was behind it. There were also strong hints about her acting extremely toxic on imdb boards and other places about his projects

https://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/12026293.html

She even showed signs of her craziness last summer against him. She had during lockdown many politically questionable conversations, like these ones:

which earned many reactions in the tone of "This is Ioan Gruffudd's wife, wtf?", and even some relatively well-known influencers questioned him about his wife's behavior (by tagging him, he didnt reply, he has been pretty much inactive for two years). Not too long after this she mentioned on her twitter that her husband wants to discuss with her whether she should delete twitter, which earned him quite a shitstorm, instead of defending him for having good intentions (her own mental help, preventing to get cancelled and thus running into existence issues, etc.) she accussed him of only caring about his career. This incident alone makes me question how she thought that it all came out of the blue tbh.

M6ygJQZ.png

29APkgv.png

bbrZViO.png

coincidentally or not, this also marks pretty much the point from which on he always looked miserable on all her IG posts, she even commented back on some of those a couple of weeks ago (her side probably thinks that it matches with him coming back from Australia, and it likely means that he met somebody there, but he actually was just two weeks there in August because production was suspended due to Covid in march)

Z9nlu4b.png

aMB7U8z.png

yA9AwVg.png

And let's not forget her essentially inflicting emotional abuse on her 7 years old by showing off the newspaper article about the divorce.

The thing is also, not only she is kinda crazy, she is also very unreliable in her tellings, and it's also showing in this divorce. She started off with claiming that he leaves his kids too (not only in her initial statement but also later by saying that she isnt seeing him coming back to "us"). But turns out he applied for joint custody, spends time with them (they even were spotted by paps) and she even kinda complained lately about how the lawyers want to propose the custody plan.

Then there is the whole thing with him "suddenly" dumping her (which she contradicted herself quickly, by saying that it was 6 months of "yes/no/maybe"). Leaving aside the little story I mentioned above (and I'm sure there must have been other cracks in private too, even if she may have been oblivious to it), she in fact tweeted back in september that he told her that he no longer loves her!

rHrYCb0.png

Given that the divorce papers state New Years Day as the seperation date (which is still much earlier than what she claimed in her original statement) this means that he gave them 3 months to try to re-ignite any feelings (or well, that's maybe how long he thought he needs to sit out at least until it's perceived reasonable for him to go, idk). And her behavior during these months in public was actually not any different to anything else before, she was talking a lot about him in a lovely way. But she was also occasionally dropping hints

yVGnG4F.png

AFyhTm8.png

There is no doubt that the seperation date in the divorce papers are about correct. I do remember her having between christmas and new years eve a meltdown on Instagram about her relationship. She was posting a not-seen-before(I guess?)-video from their anniversary in september where they attempted to take a selfie. And he just kept adjusting his hair and corrected a wrong thing she said about how many years they've been married. She appeared irritated to both of these things which seemed a odd thing to be upset about. She captioned that video with a lot of confusing stuff (partly due to grammar, so probably drunk) and the only thing I really remember from this is her saying that in hindsight it was so obvious that he rather wanted to be anywhere else than besides her, especially since he also told her not too long after this video was taken that he no longer loves her (matches with the tweet further up). And people in the comments were confused as hell, some were calling them cute, wishing them well, others were asking if they broke up, and others were agreeing with her that he was rude to her in that video (he definitely wasnt!). She also added a Instagram story with a standstill of that video and yet again tons of confusing heartbreaking tit written there that I dont remember, I only remember her closing it up with "he says I dont have any friends". All of this was erased before the tabloids could have noticed.

It was pretty clear in the then following weeks that she had to bite her tongue to not reveal it. One time she posted in the middle of the night a (quickly deleted) video of her alone in bed (maybe he was filming, but she normally tells everyone when he is gone) babbling confusing tit for example. Here a couple more examples from january

4xtJEiY.png

Here she had a breakdown, about which she couldn't talk "yet"

0jbMLjh.png

This one is particulary interesting the OG tweet asked people what are things they dont take for granted anymore. And anyone loving her ever again was her response, later somebody said that this doesnt sound good and she replied something along the lines of "I nearly came out with this tonight, let's say I'm being gaslit" (obviously she deleted that one)

ntrQ49l.png

This one was a tad awkward, because many people said stuff like "but you have your husband", must have been awful.

Also not to forget that she even claims that the divorce came out of the blue, despite telling a few weeks before this that they discuss legal seperation (which to be fair, isnt quite the same as it leaves the door open for them to get back together, but still), but given that he put a Collaborative Lawyer on the case it seems very unlikely that they would file a divorce without both parties knowing that it's a divorce. And he was also papped with lighting equipment arriving at home somewhere between him moving out and filing for divorce: Maybe to shoot pictures to sell the house since both of them will need something smaller? idk, but if so, that's something you typically discuss when you are divorcing.

Bottom line of all this, it wasnt sudden, at least not in the way she originally portrayed it. Maybe it felt sudden to her that he told her that he no longer loves her, but she didnt mention that this stuff happened in september, everyone assumed he just dropped the bomb out of nowhere with a one week notice to move out, and I'm sure she was aware of what she is doing there.

The other aspect is her claims of him being abusive. You can't really claim that something comes out of nowhere, that you had "20 perfect years" and you can't show being obviously desperate to win him back (even admitted as much: "I'm still fighting against this") while simulatously claiming that in fact he was extremely horrible. She actually contradicted herself within minutes in that exact aspect a week ago (see the two screenshots down). She even said that SHE should have left much earlier which turns her whole rant ad absurdum, doesnt this mean that he actually did her a favour by leaving, huh?

9kAwfOg.png

hAdhmkc.png

I can definitely picture him being "suddenly" a ass during those few months of "trying to work it out", when you check out mentally and you told your spouse already who is still desperately hoping it's pretty natural to act toxic in order to get out, unfortunately. And I can definitely also picture him cheating on her, in fact I'm sure that he cheated: he was the past 3-4 years nearly the entire time away, with fading feelings and he is a good looking fella, it would be a miracle if he wasnt. And him filing the divorce papers this quickly is also suspicious (although I'm not sure if he really has somebody currently)

I can definitely see him being horrible too, but it's extremely hard to say, no one of us actually knows what went on between them. But he doesn't have any negative record before this, her story is inconstistent, and she instead has a reputation. And her accusations against him are actually things that can be seen as him actually doing things (I'm leaving the gaslighting accusations out, because she just didnt told us what exactly he did) for the kids' sake (which also matches with him not saying anything): Him shutting her off twitter is definitely for the best, it would just cause even more trouble and pain for the kids if their mother has a even easier way to slag off their dad, and him "lying" to the kids about the divorce too (they are kids, you really should be careful how to tell them things), and him going for a collaborative divorce as well. If he was really evil he would take this to court, with all her Social Media Post as evidence, and he likely would get sole custody. But he isnt. Okay, you could argue that it isnt in his interest to have full custody, and his silence might be just him trying to reduce the negative press and making him appear like a good dad. Very possible, but both options should be considered here.

It's definitely possible that he is just telling the truth and he really fell out of love (that's a lot more noticable in lockdown than when you are all the time away, and she is crazy enough for someone to just wanting to get out of it even if there is no comfy bed available yet). In fact they were already hints about two years ago that she may not be the person anymore he thought to have married

8FSXZya.png

and the time he seem to have given her between confessing and walking away seems fair to me. I really fail to see how anyone can accuse him of foul play with any certaincy. He definitely deserves the benefit of doubt.

My point is, we only have one side of this story, of a party that has a questionable record which she has shown in this divorce too. She is very unlikely to be a innocent victim here. Even in the unlikely event that she was the perfect lovely wife irl what she has been doing since the announcement by trashing her kid's father in public and being very open about it to her kids, is far worse than anything he may have done. The only interesting aspect of this story is to find out if he is a victim, or if both are horrible people, who induced massive pain on their poor kids. The jury is out on that one to me, and ngl, his side of the story (even if that one would likely not be the full truth either) would be interesting, but I doubt that we will hear this.

I'm really struggling to see what endgame she is trying to achieve. If she wants to have him cancelled she and the kids will suffer from the lack of spousal/child support too (unless she starts dating a rich guy, but then again I can imagine many staying away from her seeing how she reacts to break ups - or maybe she thinks that this will ignite her own career), on top of the emotional pain by slagging off the kids' father. If she is trying to win him back (which she admitted to want at least until when the news of him filing for divorce broke) she is achieving the opposite: any guilt he might have had has certainly vanished by now. If you try to lure somebody back you either use the kids to guilt trip somebody (which she tried at the beginning) or you pretend that you are completely fine with everything which will cause jealously to the other party IF they still feel something (I do wonder if she is doing this now after he latest posts werent about him anymore and after she went out for the first time).

I feel like she knows that there isn't much to tell at this point, and she is just waiting for a "other woman" (if she exists) to appear in order to create a better narrative (although, to be honest, I reached a point where I wouldn't really blame him if he was cheating): she has already sold her IVF and Weinstein story to the tabloids in the past, wouldnt be surprised if she does the same here.

I actually dont think that she is intentionally lying (whatever the truth is, she is, otherwise she wouldnt contradict herself this much): in break ups spouses tend to have very different and confusing perspectives of how things have happened, usually exagerating the spouses flaws and being oblivious to their own, and it's usually not matching with what a third party would see. Which is the exact reason why (besides protecting the kids) break ups shouldnt be discussed in public unless very clear abuse has happened.

Well, whatever, I hope this cleared some stuff up. I'm not claiming to know anything about how their relationship really was, maybe she really was innocent and for once she isnt crazy because that's the way she is, but because her husband pushed her to it, possible. but as a third party seeing her twitter over the years and now seeing how she acts here I prefer to take her story with a grain of salt. I don't even want to be mean to the girl, she is certainly heartbroken no matter what the truth is, and she needs real friends that genuinely care about her and are reasonable, and tell her when she needs to stop (ironically it looks like only her husband was ever that kind of person), but it appears she doesnt have those kind of friends, which is sad. She had mentioned straight after the break up announcement that she is already through 4 therapists (deleted that, obviously), so it doesnt appear like she will change any time soon.
Bloody hell what a complete betrayal of trust to just spout every argument you have online for strangers to read through, even him asking her not to put stuff online she has put online. Its a total betrayal of privacy and trust. That would be enough for me to end a marriage even if I wasnt famous and even with out the other nutso stuff. No wonder he kept taking jobs in Australia. She must have been hell to live with if that's what she puts out online. Of course he's worried about his career and wants her to shut down her Twitter. She doesnt work. Who does she think is paying for her to live in LA? It must be exhausting to have to live like that. Maybe she is unhappy and trapped and frustrated, in which case, its for the best that the marriage is over.

I dont know anything about them admittedly, but it sounds like he was trapped. If I was married to someone that unhinged I would be scared they would do something to themselves which is in itself a form of abuse. I agree she has lived in LA for 20 years, yet she has to rant to strangers online because she doesnt have anyone else to talk to apparently. Why? If she hasnt made any friends, even amongst the UK expat acting community, then she must be bloody hard work. She needs help, but you cant expect someone to put up with that just because someone is seriously unwell.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Bloody hell what a complete betrayal of trust to just spout every argument you have online for strangers to read through! That would be enough for me to end a marriage even if I wasnt famous. No wonder he kept taking jobs in Australia. She must have been hell to live with if that's what she puts out online.
And of course he's worried about his career and wants her to shut down her Twitter. She doesnt work. Who does she think is paying for her to live in LA? I dont know anything about them admittedly, but it sounds like he was trapped. If I was married to someone that unhinged I would be scared they would do something to themselves which is in itself a form of abuse. I agree she has lived in LA for 20 years, yet she has to rant to strangers online because she doesnt have anyone else to talk to apparently. Why? If she hasnt made any friends, even amongst the UK expat acting community, then she must be bloody hard work. She needs help, but you cant expect someone to put up with that just because someone is seriously unwell.
I think being trapped nails it. I'm pretty sure he knew that this is how she would react if he ever breaks up with her (at least that's how I would have pictured it), which certainly could put his career and thus their kids' future in danger if a smear campaign does work. The fact that he is willing to take this risk now could tell us just how bad things were.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I still think he's done a runner with someone else - but I'll be cheering him / them on now.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh wow! I fought against the messages on Instagram because it annoys me that women are supposed to behave in a certain way in break ups and be silent and dignified. That really pisses me off.

But.. that is quite the dossier on Alice and it doesn’t look good.

I still think he's done a runner with someone else - but I'll be cheering him / them on now.
Absolutely, there is someone else for sure.

Reactions: 6
OK I've looked at her age and I'm going to go out on a limb and say Menopause. I'm not defending her but it's a really tit time for some women and there is often an unwillingness to get help or ignorance that it's causing a problem. My Granmother was sectioned during her menopause.

• Wow
OK I've looked at her age and I'm going to go out on a limb and say Menopause. I'm not defending her but it's a really tit time for some women and there is often an unwillingness to get help or ignorance that it's causing a problem. My Granmother was sectioned during her menopause.
That's a reach. A big reach. Menopause does not commonly send you psychotic, nor do periods. Women and 'their hormones' making them unfit for life and possibly mad and untrustworthy though is a nice old misogynistic trope that needs to die.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
That's a reach. A big reach. Menopause does not commonly send you psychotic, nor do periods. Women and 'their hormones' making them unfit for life and possibly mad and untrustworthy though is a nice old misogynistic trope that needs to die.
Totally agree on this.

Also the forum stuff appears to be from before their marriage in 2007 which was 14 years ago and that certainly wasn't normal behaviour.

Reactions: 11
As another postr has said the bhaviour has been ctalogued over the last 14 years then it is unlikely however to dismiss th menopause and its affects on some women as misogynistic is pretty ignorant. Fluctuating hormones can have a severe impact on womens mental health. Read up on PMDD https://www.mind.org.uk/information...menstrual-dysphoric-disorder-pmdd/about-pmdd/

As another postr has said the bhaviour has been ctalogued over the last 14 years then it is unlikely however to dismiss th menopause and its affects on some women as misogynistic is pretty ignorant. Fluctuating hormones can have a severe impact on womens mental health. Read up on PMDD https://www.mind.org.uk/information...menstrual-dysphoric-disorder-pmdd/about-pmdd/
Completely agree, it absolutely is medical fact, not a ‘trope’.

Whether it’s relevant or not to her behaviour I have no idea though.

Last edited:
Menopause or no menopause some women are just bleeping bonkers because - you know - we form 50% of the human population.

and that’s not a sliding tackle, I promise. I think she’s just a complete liability.

Wow Welp! Thanks for posting.

Two sides to every story. I hope things work out the best for them both.

Wow that was a fascinating read. Some of what I’d seen her post made me feel uncomfortable. And we know we never get all the facts as it were but put altogether like that it’s pretty compelling.

Reactions: 7
It's misogynistic to leapfrog straight over all the common reasons one may behave like a bleeping twerp - such as it being a lifelong ingrained personality issue, rooted in something stressful going on in your life, a normal mental illness that occurs in either sex and in all age groups, to an uncommon one.

It's like when someone has a dumbfuck rage addict husband acting the fool and posts for advice on on reddit and someone always assumes he's got a) early dementia b) a brain tumour or c) some other rare form of disease affecting his mental health because obviously no man ever behaved like a fool because he's an actual fool.

Women with raging sudden psychosis due to some organic issue rooted in their malfunctioning ovaries are rare. The other things I mentioned are not. Or do you think it's fine for everyone to just assume you're on the rag when you're pissed off about something? Because it's the same thing. Bad day? Husband/job stressing you out? Nope, it's obviously because you're on your period or preggers and thus a naturally mad witch at the mercy of her hormones, poor thing.

Hoofbeats, horses, zebras, basically. Why assume the rarest cause for acting the fool instead of the most common?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh wow! I fought against the messages on Instagram because it annoys me that women are supposed to behave in a certain way in break ups and be silent and dignified. That really pisses me off.

But.. that is quite the dossier on Alice and it doesn’t look good.

Absolutely, there is someone else for sure.
If it's worth anything, I feel all people should remain silent and dignifed when they have children, certainly not just women although I conceed that there certainly is a train of thought that women "should" just sit down and be quiet which I do not agree with at all.

After reading welp's excellent detective report I feel like she's not stable enough to have custody of her kids. I actually wondered about that just based on her bragging about showing her daughter the tabloid gossip about their dad. Someone who can't see what an awful thing that is to do is in a bad way one way or another.

I think like someone said what confuses me most is she’s trying to absolutely ruin his reputation, how does she think he’ll make money to support his children if she succeeds.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.