Ioan Gruffudd & Alice Evans #160 The guy isn’t a wimp, he’s a fricking super hero.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations and many thanks to @House of Tea's 🌹comment for the new thread title as suggested by @ButterTart! 🌹
(modified from original comment: "The guy isn’t a wimp, he’s a bleeping super hero.")

Please stick to the main players and what they do or say. Keep it on Tattle.
(Link to terms and rules at bottom of each page)
Please pop any sensitive or off-topic stuff behind a spoiler.

When posting 10+ images, please put behind a spoiler.

Newbies, please read up on the wiki by clicking the pink button up top.

Suggest in bold any new thread title suggestions when we reach 900 posts & vote so they're easy to find.
Please remember no thread titles until the tail end of the thread to make it fair for all.

Link to the last thread: https://tattle.life/threads/ioan-gr...-of-tattle-wouldnt-ride-mn-into-battle.37040/
===============================
Domestic Abuse is real - help is available.

Domestic Violence / Domestic Abuse (DV/DA) includes mental, emotional, and psychological abuse and may include physical, sexual, and financial abuse.

Unlike physical abuse, narcissistic abuse and parental alienation leave no physical marks. A form of psychological and emotional abuse, they are invisible and difficult to prove. Yet, their effects are lasting and harmful.

For anyone (male or female) who would like to reach out for support, some links are posted in the wiki and also behind the spoiler
Words from @Mad Betty: 🌹
1660700230071.png

When you've had "too much of Alice",
please remember these wonderful words of @ReturningthePearls: 🌹

1656777334565.png

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Blimey, I didn’t even know it was a contender for the title. Blooming chuffed. And he is a superhero.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
My TLDR is a Marie Special. Only a cursory glance is needed. 🤭

"Mummy? Who's Mummy? She's a bleep."

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Love the title and hope we get more of same sort of titles for the future. Alice will be furious that we are taking the focus away from her as we know she is reading all these posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Sorry if this has been mentioned already but I had a lot of pages to catch up on and I admit I skimmed a lot of them (maybe I can get a job with Marie...)

I imagine the girls have zero structure and minimal supervision at home so Ioan could have quite a battle ahead trying to be a real parent to them when they've gotten used to doing what they want, when they want. Like Ella staying up late, sleeping in etc. Hell as far as we currently know she doesn't even go to school and is being homeschooled by a moron.

If she isn't currently in a school I hope Ioan has this dealt with in court, and soon 🤞

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Thing is the burger situation could have been Alice doing a push pull routine - saying no, then saying yes, or Ioan saying no and her saying yes. That child has clearly been in the middle of these 2 from day 1 and Elsie is left alone as she’s not the sole focus like Ella. Usually in this situation, one child will be the main focus of the parents attention good and bad and really stuck between them. Alice has even confessed she chose to undermine Ioan in front of the kids and he says this too, so Ella has grown up quite confused and sensitive. It’s never really about the money, it’s about winning. Ella feels like he was safe, and consistent but also rubbish and weak according to Alice but now she’s even more unsure - he left her. He’s trying to win that back

What May come across in Ella is not an entitled selfish child but actually a huge amount of empathy (for her mother) and a strong view of what’s right and wrong

She just needs the right guidance

I brought this over to the new thread because I don’t want to be thought uncaring and unfair to Ella but I seem unable to get my point across.
It isn’t that simple as getting the right guidance I fear. Nothing can be done as long as Alice is in the picture. And if you read my post again you will see that many points you are making was made by me as well. That Ella was taught to behave that way. Ioan was in Australia I believe at the time of the burger incident which is catalogued by Welp. Ella’s very personality made Alice target her the most. Elsie is more devil may care and independent. Alice herself called Ella her mini me and I’m positive that the most damage has been done to her. I’m just very realistic and jaded I admit but I’m a product of abuse myself by a sibling narc. Anyway this was all meant respectfully and I don’t believe that anyone on this forum blames Ella in any way.

Reactions: 15
Pretty sure that after 4.00 am UK time this morning Phony Tony posted that it had gone 3.00 am. Even he doesn’t know what time zone he’s in.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Pretty sure that after 4.00 am UK time this morning Phony Tony posted that it had gone 3.00 am. Even he doesn’t know what time zone he’s in.
I don't think he knows what planet he's on half the time, I think they share a lonely brain cell along with a twitter account.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Why isn't the new thread showing up on current thread list?

Reactions: 2
I'm a child of a mentally ill mother , I was physically and emotionally abused. My father worked long hours he paid well over the odds to get rid of her to get rid of her luckily she was more interested in going on cruises with her new boyfriend. I was a similar age to Ella I was an absolute nightmare and traumatised I was refusing to go to school as I was getting bullied , suicide attempts , self harm.

I was getting into alcohol , drugs , stealing you name it I did it. My father never ever turned his back on me even when I was a little witch to him. I had lots of counselling to process the trauma I'd been through. I'm now an adult and very close to my father , studied have a good career. Have many long term friendships and relationships. I credit my father for never ever giving up on me even when it was the easy option he's my fricking hero. Please don't write off teenagers they may suprise you !

• Heart
Reactions: 112
I'm a child of a mentally ill mother , I was physically and emotionally abused. My father worked long hours he paid well over the odds to get rid of her to get rid of her luckily she was more interested in going on cruises with her new boyfriend. I was a similar age to Ella I was an absolute nightmare and traumatised I was refusing to go to school as I was getting bullied , suicide attempts , self harm.

I was getting into alcohol , drugs , stealing you name it I did it. My father never ever turned his back on me even when I was a little witch to him. I had lots of counselling to process the trauma I'd been through. I'm now an adult and very close to my father , studied have a good career. Have many long term friendships and relationships. I credit my father for never ever giving up on me even when it was the easy option he's my fricking hero. Please don't write off teenagers they may suprise you !
Think it’s the so called mother we have written off.
---

How can one person be so destructive to so many people?

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hopefully Malice will meet a new boyfriend preferably rich that's the only way my mother left me alone. New narc supply and traveling on cruises. The kids will be an after thought , Alice doesn't have anyone or anything to focus on in her life just destroying Ioan and controlling her daughters. If she gets a new partner her focus will be pulled away.

Reactions: 29
Hopefully Malice will meet a new boyfriend preferably rich that's the only way my mother left me alone. New narc supply and traveling on cruises. The kids will be an after thought , Alice doesn't have anyone or anything to focus on in her life just destroying Ioan and controlling her daughters. If she gets a new partner her focus will be pulled away.
I think she will always circle back to abusing IG and the girls even if she married Prince Charming and won the lotto to boot.

Reactions: 24
I think she will always circle back to abusing IG and the girls even if she married Prince Charming and won the lotto to boot.
Exhibit A: her dad

also a rich partner would clear the sole ristriction to fully abuse Ioan: her financial dependence on him

Reactions: 23
My mother is worse than Alice , severely physically and mentally abusive. She ripped my hair out and pushed me down the stairs. Criminal convictions, commited to psych ward numerous times. When she got a serious boyfriend and money supply she disappeared. Wasn't interested in me anymore.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
My mother is worse than Alice , severely physically and mentally abusive. She ripped my hair out and pushed me down the stairs. Criminal convictions, commited to psych ward numerous times. When she got a serious boyfriend and money supply she disappeared. Wasn't interested in me anymore.
I suspect Alice would do a disappearing act if a better prospect turned up.

I hope you have thrived despite your early experiences. My mum died when I was Ella’s age, my dad was violent, although weirdly I can look at him dispassionately and forgive him (he’s dead too now). It does make you wonder why they have children, these ill equipped people.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Finding it hard to keep up, it's gone back to old levels of threads going crazy. I don't actually post that much but I think I need to dip out for a few days and just tattle on inane stuff like TV things. I'm taking the @ReturningthePearls advice posted in every thread to take a break.

Struggling with a few things right now with my back issues, stepson problems, just generally feeling down. Alice is a bleeping bleep, and I dislike her for doing this to the E's, Ioan, and also me. I'll see you all in a few days. (Might even finally get VIP by then!)

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.