Invisalign

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is Invisalign any good if you only have 1 tooth that sticks out a bit?
Yes, I had Invisalign for my front tooth that moved over slightly after having braces when I was younger, everyone said it looked fine but I was always self conscious about it, eventually spoke to my dentist about Invisalign.

I went in for a consultation and a scan and they showed me the before and after model, because it's a full mouth retainer they managed to move and straighten up other teeth that became slightly wonky over the years to create my perfect smile. It took a bit of getting used to retainers and they really aren't very noticeable at all. My dentist even did some enamel bonding to straighten the edges of my teeth as well as free tooth whitening and I'm so happy with the results.

It may seem expensive but I would say it's 100% worth it.

Reactions: 3
I really want to get Invisalign however I’m hesitant! I’ve got an overbite, it was corrected but then I didn’t wear my retainer, usual story, mum and dad furious blah blah, it’s back - but this time with a gap in my front teeth and the bottom ones all crooked! Never had an issue with wonky / overlapping teeth when I originally had them sorted so am pretty angry at teenage me. Anyway it completely knocks my confidence! I HATE my side profile / relaxed face and make a conscious effort to adjust my mouth to make it look as “nice” as possible. Would love to live without that nonsense!?

I’ve had the consultation and obviously Invisalign won’t solve my overbite 100% but by closing the gap and fixing the bottom teeth it would get rid of it to a standard I’m sure I’d be chuffed with. And the practice throw in a fixed retainer and whitening, win. Just wondering if anyone who has finished their treatment actually got similar results to their 3D scan or is it a lieeee!?
I have bite problems too and want to correct it. I went over some medical/dentist journals, to see which one is the better option (Invisalign or braces) to correct a deep bite/overbite. The conclusion is you will get better results with fixed braces. And I think I read you will get even better results with lingual braces, those are more expensive though.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Yes, I had Invisalign for my front tooth that moved over slightly after having braces when I was younger, everyone said it looked fine but I was always self conscious about it, eventually spoke to my dentist about Invisalign.

I went in for a consultation and a scan and they showed me the before and after model, because it's a full mouth retainer they managed to move and straighten up other teeth that became slightly wonky over the years to create my perfect smile. It took a bit of getting used to retainers and they really aren't very noticeable at all. My dentist even did some enamel bonding to straighten the edges of my teeth as well as free tooth whitening and I'm so happy with the results.

It may seem expensive but I would say it's 100% worth it.
Thank you. I actually spoke to my dentist about it this week as I had my routine check up that was cancelled in June. She said that we can do it if I want but that it will be in the region if £3k or more and that I will have to commit to a retainer for the rest of my life, although she did say that after a while that doesn’t have to be every night but most nights. I’m kind of on the fence about it. I feel my tooth really shows in pictures, it’s not actually crooked or going in the wrong direction it just seems to be more further forward than my other teeth. If it was £1k I’d seriously consider doing it but I’m not sure I’m self conscious enough to spend £3k 😩 she did also say a cheaper option would be braces but I’d need to wear them for 6-12 months, I don’t think I fancy that! 😬
I’m really glad it worked for you though and you’re so pleased you did it

Reactions: 1