Inthefrow #2 featuring Whiny Magrath, the real housewive of Frowburbia.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random question: do you think Victoria is no longer a Dior makeup ambassador? I know she was last year but it could explain why she wasn’t at the multiple Dior events this week in Paris.
Tbh I no longer even attempt to keep up with who she is representing. Her faves change so often that I have no trust/interest in her opinion about individual brands. I used to think that keeping her blog alive long after others had ditched theirs showed more commitment and should, in theory, imply a more authentic voice but she's sold out now.

I do wonder how her recent affiliation with LM is affecting her credibilty.

Reactions: 6
Random question: do you think Victoria is no longer a Dior makeup ambassador? I know she was last year but it could explain why she wasn’t at the multiple Dior events this week in Paris.
I think Dior makeup and Dior as a brand are two different PR. Like Lydia Millen is listed on the Dior makeup PR, but not Dior the brand. While Victoria used to be both (or still is?). Lydia has been on Cannes with Dior makeup but never has been invited to the Dior trips or events like breakfasts / Christmas parties and so on.

I think Victoria is quickly becoming on Lydia Millen II. The lack of jobs, the lack of modals, the excesive moaning. I mean, with Lydia Millen as her best friend, no surprise she is not on the same level of Tamara or Leonie anymore.

Reactions: 8
Her partnership with Dior was probably made via Gleam. I think it's a bit crazy to switch management so close to fashion week but maybe she thought she'd take the hit this year and organize herself better next season.

Reactions: 2
This is where the problem started. If she had stayed in her lane instead of jumping on the sustainability wagon, it may not have been so bad. She has destroyed any credibility she may of had. She did the whole brita water filter sponsorship with reducing plastic and then days after she is back photographed with plastic cups and water bottles. I have zero respect for that sustainable clothing brand and the Abc report on their collab. I would not even touch that brand knowing they used such a materialistic A hole to try and promote their brand. Why they did that I have no idea but it makes me think the company is not ethical at all. I even made a comment on their instagram and the ABC report and it got deleted and it was respectfully asking why they would use someone that relies on mass consumerism as a career. Says it all really. Makes you question whether these so callled sustainable companies are all what they say.
Yep. Am blacklisting brands that work with her for this reason. All her talk of off-setting her carbon footprint is a major annoyance too. To me, that just reads as 'I can do bad tit because I can afford to pay the fine'. A very privileged outlook.

Reactions: 5
I agree it is hard to comprehend how some of these lot like Vic and Lydia make a living, especially when there are other girls with smaller audiences working ten times as hard creating actual content. For example Fashion Mumblr, Josie, I know she has done a lot of bad stuff, and loads of people don't like her, i find her annoying and prissy but her vlogs are watchable because they have variety. I watched one last night, she did actual cooking and showed people what she was making - the whole process (Lydia this is for you!), and packed a lot of stuff into a vlog which made it enjoyable. You cannot just sit there doing make up and skin care routines and talking tit in your house, but yet people seem to lap it up, looking at Lydia and Vic's comments on youtube, it is scary how many shallow sad people love them! So they both know they can put out any old tit and get the views/adsense money!
She clearly works very hard and spends her own money, has a curiosity about life, travel, fashion and beauty...unlike Lidl and Frow.

She clearly works very hard and spends her own money, has a curiosity about life, travel, fashion and beauty...unlike Lidl and Frow.
Josie has been way to dishonest for me to have any real admiration for her but this statement is true.

Interesting how Frow and LM are so often talked about as a duo now. What are your thought's on this? Can't help thinking that when Frow started feeling outcast with the fashion lot, she latched onto Lydia. A safety in numbers kind of thing.

Josie has been way to dishonest for me to have any real admiration for her but this statement is true.

Interesting how Frow and LM are so often talked about as a duo now. What are your thought's on this? Can't help thinking that when Frow started feeling outcast with the fashion lot, she latched onto Lydia. A safety in numbers kind of thing.
Agreed. As soon as Vic started vocalizing how unwelcome she feels and cast aside by the elite fashion crowd - she cozied up to Lydia.

Agreed. As soon as Vic started vocalizing how unwelcome she feels and cast aside by the elite fashion crowd - she cozied up to Lydia.
It'll be interesting to see how the dynamics shift over the next 2 years. We all know that Alex wants to start a family ASAP and I actually suspect Ali would quite like to be a dad, but how will Lydia cope if Vic and Alex had a child? Would we see Lydia turn maternal suddenly? I think Frow possibly underestimates how much a baby changes not just your life, but your outlook on life. All priorities shift and I honestly think she will really miss having her family close by. Shallow friends don't cut it when you're on your 5th sleepless night.

Reactions: 4
I wonder why Lydia was at Leonie’s launch and Vic wasn’t?

so as far as I can see Vic has only been at Ralph & Russo and that wasmaybe as a guest of Dyson. She’s not been at Chanel, Dior, Givenchy, Prada, Balmain, Loewe where Tamara, Leonie, Susie Bubble, Tina Leung, Bryan Boy etc etc are all at.

Reactions: 3
As soon as a brand kindly send her on one:

View attachment 74873
I guess when you have had so many freebies it becomes difficult to justify paying. A very sad position to be in really. You never get what you really want and always hold off on booking 'just in case' some brand comes up with an offer. Also suspect that she thinks 'well I'll be posting content from your hotel so the least you could do is pay me'. Guess it would really annoy her for any paid-for holiday venue not to acknowledge her celebrity and influence. I'm not even really having a dig here because it must be difficult to shell out for something that you could get for free from a brand but still...it's a sad way to live your life. Just pay for something and enjoy it to the full fgs!

Attachments

So she’s gone away for a night with Dior. Husband tagging along as usual... 😂 do these brands mind having to pay for that waste of space to go with her too on these trips? I’m guessing he insists on going to make himself look like he’s actually doing something and not just living off her money.....?!

Reactions: 4
Admittedly a novice here, but is it standard for a PhD thesis to include statements thanking your friends in such a casual way? Seems odd.

Here's the link to her thesis btw. YouTube recommended one of her old videos to me and someone mentioned it in the comments. Made me curious to see. It's nearly 900 pages so I of course applaud her for that!

The appendices start at page 359. Still a hefty body of work.

Reactions: 1
IMG_20200123_152248.jpg
IMG_20200123_152207.jpg

She tagged @diormakeup but the husband tagged @diorskincare hmmm :unsure: someone telling porkies here?

• Haha
Admittedly a novice here, but is it standard for a PhD thesis to include statements thanking your friends in such a casual way? Seems odd.

Here's the link to her thesis btw. YouTube recommended one of her old videos to me and someone mentioned it in the comments. Made me curious to see. It's nearly 900 pages so I of course applaud her for that!

I think it’s more odd that there is no mention of Alex in her acknowledgements! I thought they’d been together ten years?!

Reactions: 1
Who is Alex's style inspo a woman? Also why didn't she have the gym room as her dressing room its much bigger.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.