Instamums and body positivity - the latest bandwagon

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tried to see if there was another thread, but couldn’t find one.

Has anyone else noticed the increase in the usual instamums turning to the body positivity bandwagon by showing their bodies in various states of undress as a way of empowering their followers to embrace their bodies.

However it’s usually always in sponsored or gifted underwear sets and their bodies are in no way diverse from the prevalent image of slim /slimmer women used In advertising.

Style me Sunday is a very obvious and frequent “oh hey, I’m doing this for diversity...”

I guess the previous mental health tag they were all using doesn’t bring in all the fancy underwear sets?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Even when they are purportedly showing their flaws they are so far removed from so many women. Then you have their whole gang /clique gushing about how amazing or beautiful they are for revealing their perfectly “acceptable” bodies for the gram. It really is like an echo chamber in there sometimes.

Reactions: 1
It is so very staged and contrived "Oooh, look at this smallish fold of belly fat I have" (as said fold of belly fat protrudes ever so slightly from their £150 pyjamas, while posing artfully against the window frame of their massive Edwardian semi).

Reactions: 4
Anna S-Joly does it with her pregnancy belly.

I swear other mums must dislike her. She can't even hold her baby correctly and support his head, and dumps him in a room by himself for half an hour plus while she chooses an outfit and then longer to do full make up and hair every day.

Just, sadsack.

Anna S-Joly does it with her pregnancy belly.

I swear other mums must dislike her. She can't even hold her baby correctly and support his head, and dumps him in a room by himself for half an hour plus while she chooses an outfit and then longer to do full make up and hair every day.

Just, sadsack.
Most of them feel the complete opposite about ASJ. These floggers adore her while a good portion of their ga abhor her. Mommy floggers idealize her and want so desperately to follow in her "successful" footsteps. A success might I add, wouldn't have been possible, had it not been for her husband. You know, the one who actually does 99% of the "work." Anna would give Rebecca Meldrum a run for her money in the lazy department. And that's saying something.

There’s only so many posts of thefatfunnyone in her hammock style #gifted bra set you can see before wanting to gauge your own eyes out or smash your phone up ?

It’s all about ‘real’ bodies. News flash: all bodies are real, whether they are skinny or overweight. It’s attention seeking. What I don’t understand is plus sized bloggers who promote self love and being ‘curvy’ but are actually morbidly obese and promoting something dangerously unhealthy.

Colleen Ballinger has been milking her post pregnancy body for views. she's shown everything, even her naked boobs with the stretchmarks. she called it pregnancy ruined my body. she gives young girls nothing to look up to.

Just when I think we’re getting somewhere with body positivity the phrase ‘pregnancy ruined my body’ is just awful. How could growing a life ruin your body?