Instamums #3 Egos inflating as differing opinions are disregarded as hating

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ivycoco adveristing the new M&S mini kids shop then taking it down as soon as people commented about the plastic waste. Wonder how many more influencer and insta mums did the same. Also imagine how much as mums would have to spend all summer to get a whole collection. Not being funny but with the girls home all holidays i'll be in Aldi not M&S

Reactions: 5
I’ve seen a local influencer with this. I was going to tweet M&S but someone already had - it is recyclable.

I’m seeing someone I’ve followed for years (finestimaginary) slowly turn in to an instamum - she’s just had her first baby, and literally everything from the car seat to the muslins seems to have been gifted, and I can only imagine it will continue.

She seems lovely, it’s just weird how over her pregnancy she seems to be morphing in to an instamum.

I’m seeing someone I’ve followed for years (finestimaginary) slowly turn in to an instamum - she’s just had her first baby, and literally everything from the car seat to the muslins seems to have been gifted, and I can only imagine it will continue.

She seems lovely, it’s just weird how over her pregnancy she seems to be morphing in to an instamum.
As a new mum myself I’m starting to see that companies view us as easy prey. We’re tired, emotional, bored, hormonal. The list goes on and it can make us very easy to influence, at least I know I have been. I fell for it all hook line and sinker and I’ve wasted so much money on things these Instamums have been paid to promote to me.

This is why Instamums exist...and why every Instagrammer who gets pregnant/has a baby seems to morph into one. There is lots of money to be made.

Reactions: 7
Ivycoco adveristing the new M&S mini kids shop then taking it down as soon as people commented about the plastic waste. Wonder how many more influencer and insta mums did the same. Also imagine how much as mums would have to spend all summer to get a whole collection. Not being funny but with the girls home all holidays i'll be in Aldi not M&S
She hasn’t taken it down it’s still on her grid. I just came on on to say Ultimate Girlgang (who I love btw) shared someone elses post on the M&S thing sorry can’t remember her name and never come across her before but I think it’s brilliant that an influencer is actively promoting the fact she turned down their campaign. Shame Life with Ivy Coco didn’t do the same she’s saying on her grid post she doesn’t understand what it has to do with recycling. Is she thick? Never come across her before.

Reactions: 1
She hasn’t taken it down it’s still on her grid. I just came on on to say Ultimate Girlgang (who I love btw) shared someone elses post on the M&S thing sorry can’t remember her name and never come across her before but I think it’s brilliant that an influencer is actively promoting the fact she turned down their campaign. Shame Life with Ivy Coco didn’t do the same she’s saying on her grid post she doesn’t understand what it has to do with recycling. Is she thick? Never come across her before.
I saw this! Think it was Cheltenhammaman (???) And her son! I love m&s food for a treat for me and my kids. Usually birthdays and Xmas, otherwise it's expensive. But I wouldn't spend £20 to get small collectables to then inevitably binning them when my kids had finished with them. We don't even buy happy meals anymore as I was fed up of the plastic crap collecting around the house! And they never filled my gannets (soz, kids) up!

Reactions: 3
Mother of all adventures all over the M&S ad 😂

I get so fed up of reading “Middle-class white privileged” . Like it’s something to be ashamed of. Due to circumstances of birth, and then the career pass me and my husband have chosen I fit that bracket I don’t see why I should be ashamed to be in it!
The white middle class privilege is just that. A privilege. Because you were born into it, it already opened up a wealth of opportunities and doors for you. Those doors remain firmly closed for many, many people and will unlikely open for them.

No one is saying it's anything to be ashamed of but you need to realise that it advantages you but doesn't advantage everyone. This is a classic white privilege comment, only taking your own feelings into account and making it about you.

Camp Bestival is an utterly embarrassing tit show of a festival that is literally for white middle class people. When asked last year about their representation of people of colour, they said their were fully inclusive of everyone. Except all the entertainer and food stalls etc were all provided by white people. After much public pressure, they took on one ONE black person and actually said, "see, we ARE inclusive. Absolutely disgusting.

It's a hard pill to swallow when your white privilege is pointed out to you.

“We worked hard to get there” that’s the whole point - thinking it’s all your own hard work when actually the fact you grew up with access to good education, probably parents who encouraged you to work hard and facilitated extra curricular activities, weren’t potentially discriminated against at interviews due to the colour of your skin, gives you a privilege that is more than those who also work hard but don’t have the same background. I’m white middle class too and worked really hard at school and uni and have a successful career which I’ve worked hard to forge but I recognise that it’s not *just* down to my hard work.
Yes!!!!!!!!

It almost implies that people who are not on highly paid roles or living in a big house are there because they chose not to work hard enough. Absolute crap.

Whose more likely to succeed? A child from an area where county lines are active and a normal way of life and who could very well end up in a gang just to survive or a child who is lives in a nice town with, probably, a stay at home Mom and a Dad in a well paid career, whose off to a nice school and may go to University or travelling, depending on how they feel.

Child B is more likely to succeed because of their white privilege which has afforded them the opportunities to live in a nice area, to attend a good school, to have parents to afford Uni and to give them options.

Yet they will always sulk and get defensive and say someone lower than them didn't work hard enough. They won't acknowledge that their background afforded them opportunities and the chance to be able to work and have choices rather than desperately trying to survive.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
The scummy mummies did the M&S ad as well and then put the recyclable bit on like anyone wants them or will recycle them. What’s the point in them?

Unlikely dad did it too. The over exposure of his son is really surprising as he is adopted, you’d think he’d be conscious of protecting his safety.

Reactions: 5
Carrie at Mere Souer is advertising the Little Shop things now, and harping on about how they’ll all be recycled 🙄
As if anyone will be taking that plastic tat back to M&S to be recycled in playground equipment 🙄 But it’s ok for Carrie to do an #ad for it because her son reeeeally really likes it.
She was also on the beg not long ago for the ugly Beatles designer wear - by Stella maccartney possibly? Tagging the designer in every story about it (why tag them unless you’re after a freebie?) and showing how much her son loves the Beatles 😒 it’s so predictable.

The white middle class privilege is just that. A privilege. Because you were born into it, it already opened up a wealth of opportunities and doors for you. Those doors remain firmly closed for many, many people and will unlikely open for them.

No one is saying it's anything to be ashamed of but you need to realise that it advantages you but doesn't advantage everyone. This is a classic white privilege comment, only taking your own feelings into account and making it about you.

Camp Bestival is an utterly embarrassing tit show of a festival that is literally for white middle class people. When asked last year about their representation of people of colour, they said their were fully inclusive of everyone. Except all the entertainer and food stalls etc were all provided by white people. After much public pressure, they took on one ONE black person and actually said, "see, we ARE inclusive. Absolutely disgusting.

Yes!!!!!!!!

It almost implies that people who are not on highly paid roles or living in a big house are there because they chose not to work hard enough. Absolute crap.

Whose more likely to succeed? A child from an area where county lines are active and a normal way of life and who could very well end up in a gang just to survive or a child who is lives in a nice town with, probably, a stay at home Mom and a Dad in a well paid career, whose off to a nice school and may go to University or travelling, depending on how they feel.

Child B is more likely to succeed because of their white privilege which has afforded them the opportunities to live in a nice area, to attend a good school, to have parents to afford Uni and to give them options.

Yet they will always sulk and get defensive and say someone lower than them didn't work hard enough. They won't acknowledge that their background afforded them opportunities and the chance to be able to work and have choices rather than desperately trying to survive.
Great comment. 👍🙌

The scummy mummies did the M&S ad as well and then put the recyclable bit on like anyone wants them or will recycle them. What’s the point in them?

Unlikely dad did it too. The over exposure of his son is really surprising as he is adopted, you’d think he’d be conscious of protecting his safety.
WHY do people think “it’s recyclable” is a get out of jail free card?

Recycling is the least preferable option. (Reduce, reuse, recycle, in that order). We should be reducing the amount of stuff produced, not just making more under the guise of “it can be recycled so it’s fine”. If you look into recycling just a little bit, it’s completely flawed and so much is not actually recycled.

Reactions: 8
I’ll hold my hands up, my kid would adore these, she’s all about the tiny plastic crap.

But there’s no way I could afford the £500 for her to have a chance at a full set, and that’s before I even start to consider the environmental impact.

It’s incredibly elitist as well as being environmentally disastrous - and I reckon a PR nightmare

Reactions: 2
WHY do people think “it’s recyclable” is a get out of jail free card?

Recycling is the least preferable option. (Reduce, reuse, recycle, in that order). We should be reducing the amount of stuff produced, not just making more under the guise of “it can be recycled so it’s fine”. If you look into recycling just a little bit, it’s completely flawed and so much is not actually recycled.
Yep people seem to forget the impact just making them in the first place. The water needed, the chemicals, the waste, the energy needed. These things have an impact way before people even think about recycling them

I love how motherofalladventures can’t even give an actual educated reply to any of the comments on the m&s ad 😂

Yes!!!!!!!!

Ah but before becoming WMC I was child A so how does that stand ?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.