Instagrammers & Fake Luxury Goods

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How much of what of these clowns flaunt do you think is actually real?

I ask as I'm a keen Redditor and recently been working my way through their replica watches and replica designers reddits. I like my watches and fashion, but I'm in no way expert enough to pick up on something that isn't anything but the most obvious fake. Some of those watches, the more expensive fakes, you couldn't tell without close up pictures, inspecting the mechanism, and expert knowledge. The same would be true for the fake handbags I imagine.

I seen a few Instagram accounts that call out influencers (and even celebs) for wearing fake items and flexing it like the real thing.

Quite a few of the smaller influencers I see them with LV luggage, Rolexes, and yet nothing else in their life suggests they have that kind of cash. I mean, they've a nice enough house (usually), the leased Range Rover, but nothing to say they've got the means for several four & five figure watches, and same again for leather goods and luggage.

And when these items are purchased they're never Instagrammed, they just 'appear'. Mostly by post from China I'm reckoning.

Reactions: 5
I have found quite a few accounts on the explore page that sell and gift replica items on Instagram to influencers. They even come with the shopping bags and fake receipts. I think they ship from China as on the account I’ve posted the pic of it says delivery time is 6-8 weeks.
I’ve noticed a few girls from Towie/teen mom/other reality shows will say “thank you for sourcing this for me”. But it will be a bag that’s been sold out everywhere for weeks. They are deffos copies.
Also Turkey where they all go for their new teeth and BBL always has excellent fakes in the shops. When I was on holidays a couple of years ago I got a Chanel bag that even has the Chanel logo engraved on the hardware on the bag. The quality is amazing (and bonus I don’t have to worry about ruining it when I take it out!).

Attachments

Reactions: 2
I saw that the items come with bags, tags, paperwork. For the better knock-offs, unless you knew that a particular bag didn't come in some colour or with a certain type of zip etc, then in the typical Instagram sized pic, I don't think you'd be any the wiser.

A lot of them come from DHGate - you can pay £250 for a Chanel bag on there and not be able to tell the difference. Well, unless you really know your stuff. Not sure what the ones that cost about £70 would be like.
Just to add DHGate is brilliant if you want a knock off football kit for your kid 😂 they can’t tell the difference and it’s a hell of a lot cheaper, you can get all the players names on the back etc.

Reactions: 4
DHGate gets a lot of stick from the replica watch forum as selling obvious knock-offs. It's these watches they say that are so easy for the fake watch busters on Instagram to call out, pointing out the folks who buy them, are too cheap to even buy the "good" knock off! But I imagine the £250 bag would be all but undetectable, same as the replica watches in that price range.

I had a look at DHGate's luggage as I often see influencers doing the pre-flight check-in pose, with anything up to £5k of luggage beside them... but they're sitting in the regular departure lounge and flying economy. That doesn't smell right - don't care about a £3k bit of luggage being battered about by the baggage handlers and checking into a regular room at a regular resort at the other end?

Aye, right.

Reactions: 4
I saw this girl wearing an obvious knock off YSL Jersey cardigan and I even seen it getting reposted on a popular designer community insta page and got likes from other influencers.
Screen Shot 2021-02-21 at 5.53.52 PM.png

It's an obvious knock off because if you compare it to the real deal you'd see that the color is wrong, the patch is completely off (too yellow and thick) and the cardigan is lined with black fabric on the inside so where we see the opening to her sleeves, it should be black and not normal purple looking fabric.
I've also seen her post a picture with a horrid looking Chanel bag: