Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Noodles86

Is anyone one else bored with instagram? I used to love it, beautiful images, snippets of people’s life’s etc etc ......BUT now I just feel bombarded with ads, sponsored posts, gifted posts and such like. I hate hate hate this whole “influencer” thing! No you are not influencing me - I like what I like and I totally get that I find inspiration from instagram but you can’t “influence” my to go buy someone especially knowing they’ve been paid a whole wad of money to endorse products etc. Maybe is the new ASA guidance making it more evident that has made me more cross as it’s more in face.

Every house interior instagram is beginning to the same. Where is the originality?! And don’t get my started on the materialistic side of it!

I hate the air brushed life they portray. It’s unrealistic and to be honest boring. Surely this influencer thing has reached saturation? Please tell me some of you also feel this way? I swipe by so many stories and unfollow so many nowadays.

And while I’m on my soap box why oh why are some accounts 100% selfies. The narcissism is unreal

• Heart
Reactions: 10
M

Member 4330

Completely agree. I joined instagram for the photography side of things... I used to use Flickr quite a lot and for me it replaced that. Now it's just turned into a big sales playground like you said. Everyone thinks they are a photographer when they go around snapping photos of blossom trees with their iphone and even the 'mum' accounts I followed to help me along my mum journey have just turned into fake, advertising polished drivvel.

Don't get me wrong, I most probably wouldn't follow an account that had several photos of piles of washing, dog shit on the floor etc. because I like seeing GOOD photography... but it's just the fakeness and advertising I can't stand.

Also lastly, when I see an AD I automatically scroll past, not 'like' it and definitely don't purchase it / be influenced by it. This is my choice so as not to support the new advertising culture it's turned into. If we all stopped liking and following etc. then there'd be no audience for them to continue.

Reactions: 6

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I think It’s big money at the moment, youtube is in murky waters with article 13 and ad-mageddon, Instagram introducing IGTV has been great for the influencers but not the user.
It was always gonna go this way. I blame Gleam, I blame Gleam for everything tbh. 🤷‍♀️
My only Instagram account atm is to take pictures of People I dislike to upload here.
I’m doing Instagram wrong 😂

Reactions: 5

Yel

Chatty Member
I only follow food and nature accounts only and the moment someone starts doing regular ads I unfollow. It's just all too much - the native ads from Instagram and the ads from instagramers.

I hope it dies out, it's the jewel in Facebook's crown at the moment as IG users make three times more than Facebook users.

Reactions: 3
M

Member 4330

Not always as simple as unfollowing really. It's just that there aren't many accounts on there anymore who haven't signed over to the ad dark side. There's barely anything genuine left on there anymore. Any accounts that post good content get popular and then sucked into the crap.

Stop following them. If you are not seeing the pictures you want to see, cull them. I had a massive unfollow recently and now only follow people who post what I want to see. I also follow # so I can find new people who post about the stuff I am interested in.

Seriously if you are pissed off with, ditch the bitches and find other people to follow.

Tulips

When I first heard of it back in 2010 I just thought it was a new platform to share photos and nothing much would come of it, how wrong was I. I've had to unfollow loads not just because of all the ads, I just can't stand all the annoying pouting. I might be on my own here who likes pretty landscape accounts lol

Reactions: 2

Tookah

It's like you read my mind! I deleted my account after not using it for a year. I now use pinterest (but I don't think I'm using it right :LOL:). It's similar to Instagram but less "look how great my life is, look how rich I am, look at my perfect children and wall to wall grey house." Also no #ads (well so far for me anyway).

I also agree with having a cull of who you follow, I've also done that on Facebook - though I barely use it anyway. I hate the whole competing, comparing and bragging about one's life it's so boring :sleep:

Reactions: 2

PeppaPig

It’s easy to unfollow the ad brigade but the sponsored posts seem to be getting more frequent, bloody annoying when it’s someone you’ve unfollowed.

Reactions: 1

Noodles86

Not always as simple as unfollowing really. It's just that there aren't many accounts on there anymore who haven't signed over to the ad dark side. There's barely anything genuine left on there anymore. Any accounts that post good content get popular and then sucked into the crap.
Exactly! Can’t agree with this more

Noodles86

Exactly! I joined for the exact same reasons and I loved it in the early days. I also used to use Flickr but less and less people were posting.

All these influencers call themselves creative but I only the greed. Most of the ads aren’t even creatively done

Noodles86

It’s easy to unfollow the ad brigade but the sponsored posts seem to be getting more frequent, bloody annoying when it’s someone you’ve unfollowed.
Exactly. And sometimes it’s even accounts you used to like cashing in with all the sponsors. So annoying. I have had a massive cull but it just seems to be happening more and more