Instagram. Where has it all gone wrong?

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to love Instagram. Seeing people’s homes and getting inspiration, sharing ideas etc. Now it just turns my stomach with all the “AD” or “KINDLY GIFTED” hashtags. I mean come on we’d all have beautiful homes if no one had to pay for it and a national corporate company came along and said “there you go, have a new top spec kitchen for free... go flog it to the masses and get their hard earned money from them.” Then there’s just the shite that some accounts pedal. From Hampton and astley towels to the lotto, it’s gone from the sublime to the ridiculous

Reactions: 25
Greed took over and everything relatable about them was lost. I hardly even watch any ‘influencers’ anymore. I know it’s all fake and all about trying to make me spend money I don’t have #ad 🙄

Reactions: 15
Very true. I used to enjoy watching people’s lives and when they’d been in a shop and got a bargain. Now I know that thing - whatever it maybe - has been sent to them for free and then they are being paid to advertise it. It’s all a joke now.

Reactions: 7
The time has come to cull. People get offered Ads to run on their accounts because of their followings. If we unfollow the persistent offenders and don’t hate follow on stories it sends a message we’re done with it alll

I recently unfollowed everybody I got sick of seeing flogging a load of tat I’d never buy. I love Instagram but I make sure my feed is full of what I want to see and none of this dross

Reactions: 16
Nothing’s changed they just have to declare it now. I agree that this has changed the feel of Instagram, and it seems like all you see now is #ad and #gifted, but this isn’t the influencers fault. If someone offered you ££ for posting a few stories would you not do it? I bloody would! I blame the brands for lazy marketing, not the mums just trying to make a few quid during their 15 minutes of insta fame.

Reactions: 3
There’s little fun and spontaneity. It’s all paid partnership; “ I wouldn’t advertise if I didn’t love it” 🙄bollocks , gifted stuff, discounted holidays etc.

Yes , greed took over and I can’t see anything changing any time soon.

Reactions: 5
I really miss the way it used to be, and when people actually used hashtags to discover similar interests, and you’d find a bit of a community rather than armies of supporters for particular influencers.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

Yel

It's been the same for years now, Facebook upped the ad frequency and infuencers are mainly posting insincere ads.

Scrolling feeds is so empty and fruitless. My life is better without it.

Most of the people commenting seem to just do it to try to get attention to themselves.

Reactions: 6
The money that takes you from blogging/Vlogging to being an influencer could ruin anyone’s moral code I think.

Not Instagram but I’ve noticed youtube have upped their game. Mid roll ads are now 1 of 2
On most uploads.
Does anyone know how to use Adblock on the youtube iOS app?

Reactions: 3
Facebook was the same everyone seems to of got bored of that. Instagram is ridiculous I can’t see it lasting I really see everyone moving on soon. We’re due something new and fun.

Reactions: 2
My insta has family and friends who I genuinely love on it and I follow a couple of hashtags of places where I've had my favourite holidays and that's it.
It's peaceful. I can't be doing with greed & that's what all this influencer stuff has become.
One local lady has kids who are friends with my kids and her account has recently changed to become a carbon copy of Mrs. Hinch. It's a shame, she's really nice and her kids are lovely, but all she ever posts now is zoflora and Hoover stripes.
I'm a bit like, another one bites the dust! I like YOU, I dont give a shiny about your floor.

Reactions: 2
I feel like it started more as a photography app but then got overrun with influencers.
I also hate the fact they've messed up the timeline so its no longer chronological. What was the point in that?
I tend to just follow people I really like now or people I know.

Reactions: 10
I feel like it started more as a photography app but then got overrun with influencers.
I also hate the fact they've messed up the timeline so its no longer chronological. What was the point in that?
I tend to just follow people I really like now or people I know.
This! I remember downloading it in order to use the photo editing effects.